New Firmware Update! 10.26.1.18 - Kernel - December 18

Search This thread

AngryDinosaur

Jan 23, 2011
Boston
I just put the update file from Asus's webpage on a microSD card, stuck it in the tablet, and nothing! I thought it would detect the file and do the upgrade. I just copied the zip file onto the root of the card. Should I copy it to the root of the internal storage?

you have to extract it first, the zip will be xxx-ccc-xxx-user.zip, something like that

laiw

Jan 2, 2014
Only US update works for now

Hi I'm new here. Just signed up to say a few things since a few of my friends have gone through this updating process.

Had a friend use the Taiwanese model in Taiwan. Got him stuck in a bootloop.

I am using the U.S. model and as far as I'm concerned the update is working fine. In fact the auto brightness issues are gone. My battery has about an hour more of screen on time, and when using the dock the mouse highlights things when you mouse over it.

To install I downloaded the latest firmware update for the American SKU. Then extracted the zip into my root directory(the one that has android, downloads, movies) and rebooted. A notification should pop up.

If that doesn't work (although it did for me) asuming you didn't flash a custom recovery or root, just extract the zip into a micro sd card and stick it into your micro sd card slot and then reboot.

Now I have a friend who is using the UK update and his is working fine, but given the bootloops that people are getting. It doesn't look like its safe to update if you aren't in the U.S. or something.

AngryDinosaur

Jan 23, 2011
Boston
Just tried that. Extracted it to my external sd card and nothing happened, even after a restart, shutdown, and a re-insert of the card. :confused:

if you extract it on the device, it will be a folder and the zip is in the folder, click on it and see if its a zip

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Hi I'm new here. Just signed up to say a few things since a few of my friends have gone through this updating process.

Had a friend use the Taiwanese model in Taiwan. Got him stuck in a bootloop.

I am using the U.S. model and as far as I'm concerned the update is working fine. In fact the auto brightness issues are gone. My battery has about an hour more of screen on time, and when using the dock the mouse highlights things when you mouse over it.

To install I downloaded the latest firmware update for the American SKU. Then extracted the zip into my root directory(the one that has android, downloads, movies) and rebooted. A notification should pop up.

If that doesn't work (although it did for me) asuming you didn't flash a custom recovery or root, just extract the zip into a micro sd card and stick it into your micro sd card slot and then reboot.

Now I have a friend who is using the UK update and his is working fine, but given the bootloops that people are getting. It doesn't look like its safe to update if you aren't in the U.S. or something.

the update if for US model only for now. somehow different model got the update notification too. very unfortunate

mikekoz

Aug 5, 2010
You extracted the downloaded file ONCE? The result is another zip. If you see a blob and meta data file you went too far.

Thanks everybody! I did not notice that it was a zip file inside of a zip! :eek: The update is running as I type!

---------- Post added at 05:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 AM ----------

OK! Update went fine and I am now on 10.26.1.18. Now I am getting a message stating another OTA update is available and it will take one minute to run. I deleted the update file I copied to the device. Did any of you get this after the upgrade? I am in the US if that makes a difference. Thanks again!

Snah001

Jun 3, 2006
Netherlands
Thanks everybody! I did not notice that it was a zip file inside of a zip! :eek: The update is running as I type!

---------- Post added at 05:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 AM ----------

OK! Update went fine and I am now on 10.26.1.18. Now I am getting a message stating another OTA update is available and it will take one minute to run. I deleted the update file I copied to the device. Did any of you get this after the upgrade? I am in the US if that makes a difference. Thanks again!

Before you say OK to the OTA check it's version number.
Probably it is still the wrong one or a new one to correct the worldwide stupid mistake Asus made.
Any buildnumber lower than the new one is faulty...:rolleyes:

mikekoz

Aug 5, 2010
Probably it is still the wrong one or a new one to correct the worldwide stupid mistake Asus made.

It did not state any build number, just said there was an update. I just hit cancel since I am getting ready to go to work anyway. Will try to check for an OTA update when I get home this afternoon.

Snah001

Jun 3, 2006
Netherlands
It did not state any build number, just said there was an update. I just hit cancel since I am getting ready to go to work anyway. Will try to check for an OTA update when I get home this afternoon.

When it says there is an ota you can accept and it will download it.
After it is downloaded it will ask you to start the update and then it will show, before you give your final ok, the buildnumber. So you can still abort the update.

Reactions: pelago

Taufik15

Apr 22, 2009
I just put the update file from Asus's webpage on a microSD card, stuck it in the tablet, and nothing! I thought it would detect the file and do the upgrade. I just copied the zip file onto the root of the card. Should I copy it to the root of the internal storage?

Do you mean that you tried to install US on WW? and by following posts succeeded?

Owendavies

Mar 24, 2009
Measham
Hey guys,

I'm in the UK and I'm not getting the OTA update any more so Asus must have pulled it at last! :) Hopefully working on a new version for us WW users.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk 4

mikekoz

Aug 5, 2010

Well, I guess I will never know what the update was. It did not pop up again when I turned the tablet back on, and it says I am up to date when I manually check. I am on 10.26.1.18, 20131217.

malos1984

Aug 19, 2011
great now all we need is jp to get the 4.3. It`s looking like we may get 4.4 only the rate this is going surely they are working on kitkat now for next major update.

they did hint it would get it and it seems silly for them to be not gearing up for it and wasting time on 4.3 besides the brightness fix.

tozzke

Sep 25, 2007
I've been trying to update my ww TF701T but I'm unable to do so.
Extracted the zip file once into the root of my sd card 'T4_SDUPDATE.zip' and when I choose 'RCK' (this menu is very slow with selecting the 3 options??) I get the android on it's back with a red !

Why is the update methode for this ww-version different from all the other updates in the past (and current versions of other parts of the world)? In the past the tablet recognized the update once you put it in the root of the sd card.

Last edited:

Snah001

Jun 3, 2006
Netherlands
I've been trying to update my ww TF701T but I'm unable to do so.
Extracted the zip file once into the root of my sd card 'T4_SDUPDATE.zip' and when I choose 'RCK' (this menu is very slow with selecting the 3 options??) I get the android on it's back with a red !

Why is the update methode for this ww-version different from all the other updates in the past (and current versions of other parts of the world)? In the past the tablet recognized the update once you put it in the root of the sd card.

You tried you MicroSdcard too?

2.Unzip “WW_10_26_1_18_SDupdate” and put “T4_SDUPDATE.zip” in an empty MicroSD card.(must larger than 2 GB)
3.Turn off your TF701T
4.Insert the MicroSD card with T4_SDUPDATE file.
5.Long press “Volume down” button and “Power” button at the same time until below screen shows up. There is a line reads ”Press key in 5 sec to enter RCK”
6.Soon, press “Volume Up” button and you will see below screen.
7.After waiting a few minutes, you will see an ASUS logo with a status bar. It means update process starts and after about 5 minutes.

tozzke

Sep 25, 2007
You tried you MicroSdcard too?

2.Unzip “WW_10_26_1_18_SDupdate” and put “T4_SDUPDATE.zip” in an empty MicroSD card.(must larger than 2 GB)
3.Turn off your TF701T
4.Insert the MicroSD card with T4_SDUPDATE file.
5.Long press “Volume down” button and “Power” button at the same time until below screen shows up. There is a line reads ”Press key in 5 sec to enter RCK”
6.Soon, press “Volume Up” button and you will see below screen.
7.After waiting a few minutes, you will see an ASUS logo with a status bar. It means update process starts and after about 5 minutes.

yes, I tried that
except I don't get the line mentioned in 5. I only get the 3 options RCK, Android and wipe data. When I choose RCK, I get the android on it's back saying it failed

malos1984

Aug 19, 2011
are you on 4.3 already? if you are still 4.2.2 i think these instructions are for those on the prev ver of 4.3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi I sent To Snah to update his thread but or now those who are in need of new update urgently

The WW was a total f up it is not yet released nor is the jp. Also it seems WW are not getting an update yet either don`t feel bad at least you have 4.3 unlike japan :)

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePAD/TF701T/US_epaduser_10_26_1_18_UpdateLauncher.zip
    http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePAD/TF701T/TW_epaduser_10_26_1_18_UpdateLauncher.zip
    http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePAD/TF701T/CN_epaduser_10_26_1_18_UpdateLauncher.zip
    The firmware update is 10.26.1.18 The kernel was also updated to 3.4.57 - December 18.

Had anyone noticed the brightness issue resolved? For that matter, has anyone noticed ANY changes? My hope is the issue where you had to click on the "smart saving" icon in the drop down menu isn't needed anymore (to fix the interment brightness issues.)

The only thing I saw was a pop-up when the update was completed. It said Asus has a new program built into the device that will send usage information and statistics to them to help find any issues and keep it up to date. Then it asked if I understood with an option to click a check mark. I didn't click it..I don't want to share my information with them. Are they nuts?

Sent from my Transformer Infinity TF701T using Tapatalk HD
    For thosw which had problems tp update over the file from asus, ur microSD card need to be in Fat32 else the update will fail:

format microSD in FAT32

put T4_SDUPDATE.zip file to microSD

power off the Tablet

push Volume Down + Power button together and hold
    after a new screen with 3 icons in the middle push Power Up to select RCK

Now after a few seconds, the update should load.
    answer is probably simple, but sad for asus... they don't care about customers

hyper production with big $$$ in mind.. top management don't care about customers and products, just pump over and over again new devices and gadgets, not having time to polish previous wave... just like most big IT companies

just calculate how much different products with android OS or tablets/phones they pump in last 12 months... they make mistakes because not care enough, they care about our money, not about our pleasure and their devices in our hands. They not want to confess, but this is true, sad for us, but good for companies. They got our money, we got their devices - BUT WITHOUT PROPER AND QUALITY SUPPORT
    The TF701 is turning into a debacle for Asus! First the dock connector/hinge issue (which is simply very bad QC) and now they push out JB 4.2.2 firmware to tablets already on JB 4.3 leading to a stuck boot for who knows how many people! And that a data wipe is the only option to get out of it - leading to loss of data for God knows how many users - is the icing on the cake!
    I was about to get the Trio - but I'm starting to seriously question the reliability of this company. Such glaring mistakes usually have their root in bad management and that trickles down. :headbang: