◄ ▌ brainmaster´s Open BETA Test - MANILA ROM WWE Version 1.2.6▐ ►

What dou you think about this Idea?

• I think it's a good Idea.

Votes: 33 84.6%
  • I think it's a good Idea and I will be a BETA tester.

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • I don't think that's a good Idea.

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

brainmaster

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2006
Huawei Watch
OnePlus 7T Pro
Thx! That works for the ezinput..

You wrote in another thread that swype needs changing the rom to the requested language..i think that will be the same in this rom.

I have another question about running nfs shift. You wrote in the ppc forum that it runs best with Your clean rom. I tested it with the open beta 1.1 with deactivated sense an it runs very smooth. Are the 3d drivers already integrated in this rom, too?

Yes, but because NFS Shift needs allot of memory you need to deactivate Sense first.

And on German ROM you have Swype in German Language.

brainmaster

Dec 10, 2006
Huawei Watch
OnePlus 7T Pro
Currently working on the BETA 1.1.5 with Build 28243. Gonna upload it today.

If ROM works fine for you - I need reports in the next three days - then I will release a new Manila 1.1 ROM with all Flavours and Languages on Weekend.

fulat

Apr 8, 2010
bug found #1

the new volume bar make incoming call can not be mute. remove it will work again. the only volume bar i tested before and it works without disturb the incoming call mute is volumeX

Last edited:

brainmaster

Dec 10, 2006
Huawei Watch
OnePlus 7T Pro
bug found #1

the new volume bar make incoming call can not be mute. remove it will work again. the only volume bar i tested before and it works without disturb the incoming call mute is volumeX

O.K. I will see what i can do. But I've just found out that S2U2 also has the Volume Control. Maybe I'll integrate that instead of SetVolume tool.

Have you disabled the Start Menu?

I've got 96 MB of free RAM on Stock Manila, and 80 MB of free RAM with CHT 2.0.

The Build 28243 is not bad when it comes to RAM, but it has some optical issues (Swype overlapping) ...

Here is my current Homescreen with CHT 2.0:

attachment.php

fulat

Apr 8, 2010
O.K. I will see what i can do. But I've just found out that S2U2 also has the Volume Control. Maybe I'll integrate that instead of SetVolume tool.

Have you disabled the Start Menu?

I've got 96 MB of free RAM on Stock Manila, and 80 MB of free RAM with CHT 2.0.

The Build 28243 is not bad when it comes to RAM, but it has some optical issues (Swype overlapping) ...

Here is my current Homescreen with CHT 2.0:

attachment.php

yeap.. i have the start menu disable again. and i got free RAM of 86MB+ whereby compare less 5-6MB RAM less with clean manila WWE version.

all i can say this 28243 is good. better than the the previous ROM. i will strongly advise u to take out the swype since its overlaping.

about the volume control. just try not to intergrate anything as it's good enough to give control even its not that presentable. or you can try volumex. its a shareware tho.

the landscape mode is perfect for me. very good work there.

advanced tools is something good to have if you wanna turn certain features off as your liking.

overall the video bitrate is better compare with many previous edition. data and wifi connection have no problem and wifi router option works like a charm.

sms sent notification are handle good there.

you should make a clean from this without anything bundle. this is a good clean rom!

and thanks again. some surprise for you this weekend is coming. :D

big

Sep 29, 2005
HaNoi
www.xedapxanh.vn
New beta ROM 1.1.5 stable, I tested 10h my device never crashes than beta 1.1
...now i'm regedit disable Manila Home landscape and new volume bar

Acer stream not play TV in web link, but open app and running link in history OK :)
and this ROM seems problem is format video file when play in some app

fulat

Apr 8, 2010

Acer stream not play TV in web link, but open app and running link in history OK :)

u dont need to regedit. u can remove the volume bar problem by remove it from \device\windows\startup and reboot the device.

for video problem. i never trust the Windows Media Player. i highly recommend CorePlayer. :D

Last edited:

big

Sep 29, 2005
HaNoi
www.xedapxanh.vn
u dont need to regedit. u can remove the volume bar problem by remove it from \device\windows\startup and reboot the device.

for video problem. i never trust the Windows Media Player. i highly recommend CorePlayer. :D

Ok, thanks,
disable Manila Home landscape I try but home screen rotates:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"EnableLandscape"="false"
"ListViewHeight72"=dword:0

...when comming-phone > screen away rotates :(

Ok, I'm delete "SENCE" from

HKCU\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\WhiteList

soft rest > OK

Last edited:

brainmaster

Dec 10, 2006
Huawei Watch
OnePlus 7T Pro
yeap.. i have the start menu disable again. and i got free RAM of 86MB+ whereby compare less 5-6MB RAM less with clean manila WWE version.

all i can say this 28243 is good. better than the the previous ROM. i will strongly advise u to take out the swype since its overlaping.

about the volume control. just try not to intergrate anything as it's good enough to give control even its not that presentable. or you can try volumex. its a shareware tho.

the landscape mode is perfect for me. very good work there.

advanced tools is something good to have if you wanna turn certain features off as your liking.

overall the video bitrate is better compare with many previous edition. data and wifi connection have no problem and wifi router option works like a charm.

sms sent notification are handle good there.

you should make a clean from this without anything bundle. this is a good clean rom!

and thanks again. some surprise for you this weekend is coming. :D

Thank you for your reports. I will leave the swype - because many people use it, but take it out from the Clean Manila.

I'm gonna also take out the SetVolume prog and activate the S2U2 Volume Control, but not on the Clean Manila.

Please, report any further bugs.

If everything works fine, the new ROM is coming on Weekend.

fulat

Apr 8, 2010
Thank you for your reports. I will leave the swype - because many people use it, but take it out from the Clean Manila.

I'm gonna also take out the SetVolume prog and activate the S2U2 Volume Control, but not on the Clean Manila.

Please, report any further bugs.

If everything works fine, the new ROM is coming on Weekend.
remove xtask and opera browser as well... :D

ocman

Oct 14, 2009
Hello Brainmaster,
First, congratulation for your hard work!
Then, I take profit of your dev thread to ask you where you find the latest manila language files... for my french rom ( I am only cooking for french users with french operators presets )
It's really hard for me to find good files and I have a limited bandwidth....

Also, I have found settings in the Kitchen for rebuilding easily a xip with LZX compression enabled, users of my beta LZX rom haven't reported any kind of bugs, if you are interested to include lzx version to your beta test, lzx gives much storage memory and the fast snapdragon speed make it have no speed inpact.

Also in the kitchen, there in in the option a box checked that "rebuild all package in one". It could be great if you could untick it , this make your rom open source for advanced user personnalisation.

Last but not least, I think I will continue cooking S200 for my personnal use, my latest build seems really good to me and your work is so astonishing that I feel my rom a bit useless...Ithink we have lost the main idea....
So , as my capacity to cook are not as good as yours, I think we must join forces to make the best possible for S200 users....
Your multi ROM is a big step ahead ( i also dream of a titanium GTX french release, but I know the hard work you do so take time) , my contribution will be a great approved UC_NET Approved package, containing the best xda piece of software, auto installled with sorted startmenu, presetted for our phone,to have a post flash personnalisation process...like themes for the different UI you give the choice for Will keep you advanced of this work, hope it could complete your multirom flawlessly...

So I think that is enough speak, need to continu the work,
see U soon.
(sorry for my bad english... )

brainmaster

Dec 10, 2006
Huawei Watch
OnePlus 7T Pro
Hello Brainmaster,
First, congratulation for your hard work!
Then, I take profit of your dev thread to ask you where you find the latest manila language files... for my french rom ( I am only cooking for french users with french operators presets )
It's really hard for me to find good files and I have a limited bandwidth....

Here is the direct link for the LEO 3.14 ROM in French.

Also, I have found settings in the Kitchen for rebuilding easily a xip with LZX compression enabled, users of my beta LZX rom haven't reported any kind of bugs, if you are interested to include lzx version to your beta test, lzx gives much storage memory and the fast snapdragon speed make it have no speed inpact.
Sorry, but the LZX Compression is slowing our device - remember, the more the Snapdragon processor works, the bigger the battery drain is.

Also in the kitchen, there in in the option a box checked that "rebuild all package in one". It could be great if you could untick it , this make your rom open source for advanced user personnalisation.
Will not happen. I invested over 500 hours in Manila ROM cooking and I am not willing to share my work. My Manila ROM 1.0 was downloaded over 200 times, didn't got not even ONE donation. I am not gonna release my kitchen or let my ROM's be dumped to packages.

Last but not least, I think I will continue cooking S200 for my personnal use, my latest build seems really good to me and your work is so astonishing that I feel my rom a bit useless...Ithink we have lost the main idea....
So , as my capacity to cook are not as good as yours, I think we must join forces to make the best possible for S200 users....
I don't think that your ROM is useless, no ones work is useless, because we shouldn't compare with each other. Better is to co-work then to compete.

( i also dream of a titanium GTX french release, but I know the hard work you do so take time)
Yes, I know. I promised it, it will come. But this weekend I am releasing the Version 1.1 of all ROM's. After that I am gonna release the MULTI 5 Titanium GTX ROM.

Your multi ROM is a big step ahead my contribution will be a great approved UC_NET Approved package, containing the best xda piece of software, auto installled with sorted startmenu, presetted for our phone,to have a post flash personnalisation process...like themes for the different UI you give the choice for Will keep you advanced of this work, hope it could complete your multirom flawlessly...
That was gonna be the next step that i want to implement. I can already remove the Extrom all together with the CAB Installer and replace it with the XDA UC - I also have the cooking package for it in my Kitchen, but I don't have the time to make the proper XDA UC package.

If you want to work on it and release it, I would be glad to get some help.

So I think that is enough speak, need to continu the work,
see U soon.
(sorry for my bad english... )
Your English is great. Don't worry about it.

Have a nice night at the work.

Last edited:

freeweber

Sep 30, 2007
battery drain

Hi brainmaster, I've install your last rom, very stable... very fast, but I've a batterry drain:
I lost 25% in one night (8 hours) in flight mode, no device lock, just in stand by mode.
Have you an idea?
I've tried your sencity rom before the last beta release and i didn't have this problem.

Thanks for your reply and your very great job...

sorry for my bad english.

brainmaster

Dec 10, 2006
Huawei Watch
OnePlus 7T Pro
Hi brainmaster, I've install your last rom, very stable... very fast, but I've a batterry drain:
I lost 25% in one night (8 hours) in flight mode, no device lock, just in stand by mode.
Have you an idea?
I've tried your sencity rom before the last beta release and i didn't have this problem.

Thanks for your reply and your very great job...

sorry for my bad english.

Well, it's probably the new WM Build 28243, its fast, has better Memory Management the n the 216xx Builds, but as it looks like - it drains more power.

You'll have to charge your Acer more often - because faster System with more free RAM is better then the slower System with less RAM but more battery friendly. Our Acer device simply needs and works better with more free RAM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ◄ ▌ brainmaster´s Open BETA Test - MANILA ROM WWE Version 1.2.6▐ ►

I am starting an Open BETA Test. What is that?

Here in this Thread I am gonna release the upcoming Manila ROM - WWE Edition only.

The Idea is to test an upcoming ROM before I release a Manila ROM in all Languages and Flavors.

It is much better to test the BETA ROM, fix bugs and then release a new MULTI ROM in all 5 Languages.
    This way the users that flash my MANILA MULTI ROM can have better ROM.

So I am hopping to get allot of Feedback and Reports from you, so that I can fix the bugs and release a MANILA MULTI ROM for all the other users.

Changelog:

Version 1.1:

- Windows Mobile Build 21683

Version 1.1.5:

- Windows Mobile Build 28243
    Version 1.2:

- Windows Mobile Build 23698
    Version 1.2.5:

- Windows Mobile Build 28244

Removed:

- Acer Comm Manager
    - Acer TitleBar
    - Acer Memory Optimization

All Acer Graphics are now compressed

Region Settings automatically applied after Flash.

HTC:

- Weather Locations removed (No cities after Flash)
    - SMaller HTC Menus
    - Manila Weather graphics optimization

- Fixed the crash when changing the volume during the Phone Call
    - Fixed the LED Notifications
    - Replaced the Task Manager with FDC Task Manager
    Version 1.2.6:

- Windows Mobile Build 21685

Changes:

- Memory Code optimizations
    - xTask removed
    - Acer Comm. Manager added
    - Manila optimizations
    I am releasing the English ROM, but if you want to test it in your Language then disable Sense from Start Menu > Settings > Home > Items, start the Registry Editor from Start Menu > Utilities and go to the [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\MUI\Currentlanguage]. The default value is "409" for English, for French change to "40C", for German change to "407", for Italian change to "410", for Spanish change to "C0A". Close the Registry Editor and enable Sense from Start Menu > Settings > Home > Items.

For BETA testers: when you are making report, if needed - please attach a screenshot that you can make with the freeware MyMobiler.