FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you like Mowned's sigs?

Yes

75 Vote(s)
89.29%
No

9 Vote(s)
10.71%

[Signatures] ☎ Create your own mobile devices timeline (phones history) - super easy

1,273 posts
Thanks Meter: 209

By DSF, Senior Member on 3rd November 2012, 02:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

A new free web service has been just released - Mowned.com.

You can create your own mobile devices showcase (timeline).
As users creates timelines (eg: add phones and year when they got them), some interesting data will appear (such as: appreciations, devices owned by years, etc - for example check this page).

.. but let's go back to the forum signature. You can create easily signature image that can be used in forums, etc. For an example of a generated signature check mine.

Steps:
  1. Login with Facebook - just click that button, confirm the dialog from Facebook then your account is automatically created
  2. Add your phones - the process is intuitive, you will see once you finish step 1
  3. After you added all your phones click "Activate image signature" from bottom of your dashboard
  4. Copy desired BBcode code generated with the signature image

That's all. You can have your signature in minutes.. in the case you remember all the data .

You may observe that some years in the signature are in gray color instead black. Black means that device is still owned, gray = device gone.

PS: phone years is not mandatory but nice to have (for statistics, as written above)

The service can be acccesed via:
mowned.com - users mobile devices timelines

Available signature formats
Standard

Extended

Smart
The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to DSF For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DSF Ad-Free
3rd November 2012, 02:53 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Re
thanks i will try it out
4th November 2012, 06:33 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
XperienceD, "Login with Twitter" may be implemented soon. It's that ok for you, since Twitter share less information than Facebook?

Thanks
4th November 2012, 07:35 PM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSF

XperienceD, "Login with Twitter" may be implemented soon. It's that ok for you

Not really, no. I don't use anything that requires a login from either, especially when it's something I'm only ever going to use the once. Good luck with it though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SXUsr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SXUsr Ad-Free
4th November 2012, 07:39 PM |#6  
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 1,631

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperienceD

Not really, no. I don't use anything that requires a login from either, especially when it's something I'm only ever going to use the once. Good luck with it though.

^^^ Exactly what he said ^^^ I have no FaceBook account. I have no twitter account. I only have a G+ account because I need a Google account for my Android phone to function fully.

I look forward to the day when FB suddenly goes out of business and all these other companies are screwed - why they can't simply create their own log-in - or even better not require one - I don't understand.
4th November 2012, 07:52 PM |#7  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Ipswich
Thanks Meter: 1,819

Donate to Me
More
Love the idea but why do you need a login in the first place?
I would remove the need (maybe give the option to) to get more people using it.. what's to stop someone else making a site that does the same but with no login?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
4th November 2012, 09:37 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Thank you guys for the replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XperienceD

Yeap, but in future you get new devices so you need to update current phones list (timeline). If the phone's aren't linked to an user account you cannot edit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTS

^^^ Exactly what he said ^^^ I have no FaceBook account. I have no twitter account. I only have a G+ account because I need a Google account for my Android phone to function fully.

I look forward to the day when FB suddenly goes out of business and all these other companies are screwed - why they can't simply create their own log-in - or even better not require one - I don't understand.

I guess sites uses Login/Connect via Twitter, Google, Yahoo, Facebook because:
1) users that are using those platforms don't have to complete registrations forms.. just a few clicks and voila, you have access to the site. I personally prefer to login with Twitter and if I like a site and have this option I would sign in using this alternative
2) sites programmers don't have to stress with users creating process, eg: captcha, e-mail validation,etc.. Plus they got extra information, especially from Facebook, such as interests, etc (mowned.com doesn't store such information)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacthespack

Love the idea but why do you need a login in the first place?
I would remove the need (maybe give the option to) to get more people using it.. what's to stop someone else making a site that does the same but with no login?

Login it's needed because:
- phones are linked to an account
- edit phones list in future (eg: add new device, correct device year from - to, etc)
- user-based phone list helps improve the statistics per phone, for example see this link: http://mowned.com/devices/samsung-galaxy-nexus-i9250
- rate phones (for the sake of statistics again)

So.. what's the purpose you may ask? Well, this way we may see most appreciated phones by owners, phones owned by years, most owned phones.. It's true that you need some amount of data to a have a proper view..

I will implement in the next days a solution for login with e-mail and password (so an valid e-mail and password is needed for registration).

Edit:
Has anyone tried this? :P
5th November 2012, 10:01 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Hello,

Now there's the option to sign up with an e-mail.
http://mowned.com/account/index
The Following User Says Thank You to DSF For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DSF Ad-Free
6th November 2012, 06:35 PM |#10  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 16,896

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSF

Hello,

Now there's the option to sign up with an e-mail.
http://mowned.com/account/index

Seems to work, but I didn't get the timeline signature picture at the end.
Maybe it's because of my username with the underscore => "IT_ler" ?!
Or do I have to wait after creating my timeline before the jpg will be made and provided?

This should be the link for my timeline signature picture:

[url=http://mowned.com/it_ler][img]https://img.xda-cdn.com/ZHVKRGsB6ZYqlp3xqa2NNqdNzyw=/http%3A%2F%2Fmowned.com%2Fsig%2Fit_ler.jpg[/img][/url]

EDIT:
Now it's fixed and working fine !
The Following User Says Thank You to It_ler For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift It_ler Ad-Free
6th November 2012, 07:17 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
It_ler, yeap it was the underscore, the route didn't know about it (only about "-") so an 404 error was triggered. Now it's fixed.

Thank you for the report!
The Following User Says Thank You to DSF For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DSF Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cellphones timeline, forum signature, signature, signatures, timeline

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)