FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HOW TO] Return to a Stock Branded RUU that isn't on AAHK

7,075 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,042

Post Reply Email Thread
When returning to stock, I found this the most simple way to do it.
You will need:
  • AAHK
  • Your carrier's branded RUU (I'm using the Orange UK one found here
  • A computer with Windows on it (Annoying, I know), however this is just needed for the RUU exe process, not for AAHK
Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for anything you do to your device! I recommend making a backup of AAHK's file you will be editing before you start editing it

1. Download and open AAHK, entering the passcode (read the manual)
2. Type "o" and press enter
3. Type "s" and press enter
4. Find the closest generic RUU to your device, but DO NOT SELECT IT
5. Remember the CID of the one you chose (for me it's HTC__001, as I chose the UK generic one)
6. Close the terminal
7. Select your respective file that runs AAHK (.sh for Linux, .cmd for windows [I think])
8. Open it in a text editor
9. Use a find tool within the file to find the CID of your closest generic RUU, which should look a little like this:
Code:
elif [ "$inp" = "0" ]; then
cid="HTC__001"
dlFlash
10. Find your CID for your carrier, this thread is very useful: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1195475
11. Change the CID within the AAHK text file, to match your carrier's CID, for example my carrier's CID is ORANG001, so my text would now read this:
Code:
elif [ "$inp" = "0" ]; then
cid="ORANG001"
dlFlash
12. Save and close that file
13. Open AAHK in a terminal again, entering the passcode and then selecting "o" and "s"
14. Go to your generic RUU again (Don't worry that the CID hasn't changed in the terminal, it will have done in the code)
15. Now select that RUU, and let it download, but DO NOT YET SELECT FLASH "y", and DO NOT CLOSE AAHK

16. Download this PD98IMG http://cmw.22aaf3.com/ace/stock/1.32.405.6/PD98IMG.zip
17. Copy it to your AAHK folder, within the folder named PD98IMG, where there will be the one you just downloaded
18. Select the one that AAHK downloaded(will be called something like "PD98IMG_GB2" and rename it to "BACKUP_ZIP"
19. Select the one you just downloaded from my link, and rename it to what you just renamed the other one from, so it will be something like "PD98IMG_GB2"
20. Return to AAHK, that you left open, and now select "y" to flashing the RUU and "y" to setting S-ON
21. Wait for the phone to finish rebooting, returning to the stock, unbranded froyo RUU. You're not done yet.
22. When the phone is done turn on USB debugging, open a second terminal and run
Code:
adb shell getprop ro.cid
It should return your carrier's branded CID. If not, you did something wrong, re-root using AAHK and do the process again. ONLY IF IT does, then continue

23. Now you need to flash your branded RUU. If you need to, boot a Windows computer now and download it. Else, just open it
24. Accept everything it says about readmes and things, if you're nervous, read them
25. Let it flash, once it's done it should reboot the device
26. Again, enable USB debugging, open a second terminal and run:
Code:
adb shell getprop ro.cid
If it returns your carrier's branded CID, you're good, continue. Else, re-root and start again
27. Your phone should now prompt a software update if the RUU is older than the current version, accept and install these
28. Hit the thanks button, it took me a while to figure out and put this together

Thanks to attn1 for the AAHK, Chris Moyles for the Toby Lerone references on radio stations and Real Radio Northwest for providing me with background music for most of the time I was writing it.

You are done, now go do whatever you were going to do, whether it be warranty or trading it in
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Quinny899 Ad-Free

5th May 2013, 04:29 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 529

Donate to Me
More
Any chance of re upping the Orange UK Firmware. As all the ones i have tried that said they was orange was telsa. Thanks in advance
5th May 2013, 05:08 PM |#3  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Ormskirk, Lancashire, UK
Thanks Meter: 5,042

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacktrix2006

Any chance of re upping the Orange UK Firmware. As all the ones i have tried that said they was orange was telsa. Thanks in advance

I don't have the exe anymore, and it seems Goo doesn't either
You could try torrenting it from this site, appears to have it
http://bitsnoop.com/ruu-ace-orange-u...q24244672.html

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
The Following User Says Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Quinny899 Ad-Free
5th May 2013, 05:14 PM |#4  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

I don't have the exe anymore, and it seems Goo doesn't either
You could try torrenting it from this site, appears to have it
http://bitsnoop.com/ruu-ace-orange-u...q24244672.html

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thank you will give it a go.

Edit: Na its not working nothing there.(Seeder wise)
24th May 2013, 12:16 AM |#5  

Donate to Me
More
I managed to get a copy in the end, Install all the OTA's and then Nandroid the whole phone and made a new rom.zip for orange.

So its now the latest firmware 2.3.5 with the Latest Hboot as well that came with the OTA's.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
desire hd, return, ruu, stock, unroot

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)