CM9DX2 anticipation

Search This thread

atomikhippo

Apr 16, 2011
Since nobody has said anything about this milestone yet, dragonzkiller has announced on twitter about 6 hours ago that CM9DX2 alpha might be released either tonight or tomorrow! Big props to him for working so hard on getting ICS onto our phones.

lbroksle

Apr 15, 2011
Yeah I'm stoked, thanks @dragonzkiller for all your hard work!

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium

kennyb6

Jan 21, 2012
Greatest news since melvin quit trollin on here

via best rom ever for x2 (cm7)

Stuckinabox

Dec 6, 2011
His twitter feed has always been the best place to keep track of his progess, did we really need a thread?

Ihatepullups

So, I'm curious, what benefits do we get from cm9 as opposed to cm7? Ics is nice, but will there be new features? Or is it just a cleaned up GUI. I know that ics should be able to multi-thread when gingerbread can't, so is that going to happen with our phones? (my guess is not until kexec starts working)

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
So, I'm curious, what benefits do we get from cm9 as opposed to cm7? Ics is nice, but will there be new features? Or is it just a cleaned up GUI. I know that ics should be able to multi-thread when gingerbread can't, so is that going to happen with our phones? (my guess is not until kexec starts working)

Well as of right now, only dragonzkiller knows how much ICS it will bring us. If its a full CM9 port, Im sure we will have all of the ICS features unless some things dont work. But this is a first Alpha so I'm sure not everything will work. It's just a wait and see right now.

Jubomime

Dec 9, 2011
Well as of right now, only dragonzkiller knows how much ICS it will bring us. If its a full CM9 port, Im sure we will have all of the ICS features unless some things dont work. But this is a first Alpha so I'm sure not everything will work. It's just a wait and see right now.

Im hoping for zero shutter lag, if he has the camera working.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Im hoping for zero shutter lag, if he has the camera working.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

Im sure there will be quite a few things not working at first. He's probably only releasing it because he has the main stuff working like data, wifi, cellular network, hopefully sms. I've been watching some videos on cm9 and saw that some other ports didnt have the camera working.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Apparently, CM9 as a whole is having issues like dzk for other phones, so it's not just the x2.

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk

Correct, the issues plague almost all builds of CM9. Please keep in mind that CM9 is BASED on ICS which was "just released" so it will take some time for all the developers to get it fully functioning. There are some Alpha and Beta releases of CM9 out there. These releases are coming from a development TEAM. The TEAM for the DX2 is one, damn awesome, developer. DragonZKiller! Hashcode is helping where he can, but he remains the lead CM9 developer for other platforms. I'm helping when I can (even though I don't code or program). It will take time. CM7 wasn't developed overnight, or in a couple of weeks either. Especially when the code changed from Froyo to Gingerbread. Keep this in mind. :D

Don't worry guys sooner or later you'll get your cm9. It'll work to the best he can get it. He wont release something he deams unworthy. Jm glad for that as one. I mean honestly who really wants to have a non functional cm9. Ohhh the boot screen is pretty or wow this rom works great. Personally I'm happy patiently waiting for the later.
    Doubt it'll be perfect but its gonna be worth the wait

Sent from my cyanocrack using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

As of my last test build from dragonzkiller, there were some where in the neighborhood of 13-15 items on the "do not work" punch list. Since then (about 2 weeks have transpired since that build) he has fixed a good number of these items. I haven't received another test build to test out, however, I am confident that things will progress.

Also, keep in mind that dragonzkiller is developing the cm9 ROM in his spare time. He has other commitments that are much more important to him. Give him breathing room, time, and the space to do what he does best.

I for one, am grateful that we have a committed developer for the DX2. I know he will post things via twitter (@dragonzkiller or http://www.twitter.com/#dragonzkiller) when he has something to share.

Ciao!
    patient-dog-1307138404-9326.jpg
    His twitter feed has always been the best place to keep track of his progess, did we really need a thread?

Not everybody uses twitter.....I can't stand it. This thread is very helpful for those who don't use twitter
    Blunt blowin hopin for a cm9 everytime I check xda -_-

Sent from my MB870 using XDA
    been trying to get dragonzkiller to pass along what he has on cm9dx2 maybe some of us could help get it up and running but not getting any reply we are pretty smart people here on this thread im sure one of us could fix it what do think

More like you're being impatient and demanding and you want to throw the responsibility on someone else. Just relax. DZK has done amazing work for us and he has a life. We need to let him do things on his time table, not push him away by enforcing ours.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk