How to know if my phone can run JB?

Search This thread

Cruzaders

Apr 27, 2012
Pelotas
Hello, I've already searched all around this forum but I've found many answers.

The version i have is from Asia.

Code:
[B]fastboot getvar version-main[/B]
version-main: 1.29.707.11
finished. total time: 0.006s

Code:
ENDEAVORU PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-0.96.0000
CPLD-None
MICROP-None
RADIO-1.1204.105.14
eMMC-bootmode : disabled
CPU-bootmode : disabled
MODEM PATH : OFF
May 10 2012,01:32:07

CID_044 (something like this lol)

I flashed Paranoid once, but i want o try another JB roms. So, can i flash or not? Where's the updated list that i can see which cids can install JB?

Last edited:

ontzaboy

Apr 2, 2012
You can flash an AOSP or CM jellybean ROM on any htc one X :) The only ones that are limited by CID are the Sense 4+ jellybean ones :)

So to make myself clear, generally you can flash any jb ROM as long as it doesn't have Sense :)

I hope this made it a bit more clear.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

ontzaboy

Apr 2, 2012
The Firmware supported CIDs are:

cidnum: HTC__001
cidnum: HTC__E11
cidnum: HTC__203
cidnum: HTC__102
cidnum: HTC__405
cidnum: HTC__Y13
cidnum: HTC__A07
cidnum: HTC__304
cidnum: HTC__M27
cidnum: HTC__032
cidnum: HTC__016
cidnum: HTC__J15

---------- Post added at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

And you can get your CID number by typing 'fastboot getvar cid' in fastboot :)

Also this thread might be useful: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1920060
;)

Reactions: yuwaiyin1994

Cruzaders

Apr 27, 2012
Pelotas
But how do you it? Where did you find it? Is there any official website that shows which CIDs are able to upload the fb? lol

Last edited:

ontzaboy

Apr 2, 2012
You remember how to use fastboot commands, right? :) on your Pc go to your fastboot folder, right click with your Mouse, and select open command prompt here. (or something like that) then boot your phone to bootloader and select fastboot. Plug the phone in,(should say fastboot USB at this point) and then type "fastboot getvar cid" :)

Last edited:

Cruzaders

Apr 27, 2012
Pelotas
You remember how to use fastboot commands, right? :) on your Pc go to your fastboot folder, right click with your Mouse, and select open command prompt here. (or something like that) then boot your phone to bootloader and select fastboot. Plug the phone in,(should say fastboot USB at this point) and then type "fastboot getvar cid" :)

Of course, but what i wanted to know where's the official list of this CIDs, like.... you get this list from HTC website? lol hmmm how can i say it lol

You showed me that CID list that can be updated. Where did you get this list? So i can check when mine can get the update

Last edited:

ontzaboy

Apr 2, 2012
I'm not a dev so can't be 100% sure, but if I recall right it had something to do with the release keys being based on OTAs for Europe and certain countries of Asia :)

LSTR

Apr 6, 2012
Hey guys sorry I'm kind of new to this aswell so excuse my ignorance but my device says 001 but not htc_001 instead its got my current carriers name telnz_001 does that mean it's not compatible????

peedub

May 29, 2012
Hey guys sorry I'm kind of new to this aswell so excuse my ignorance but my device says 001 but not htc_001 instead its got my current carriers name telnz_001 does that mean it's not compatible????

has to be HTC_001 unfortunately!

Reactions: LSTR

matt95

Aug 8, 2010
Milan
you cid is _044 as stated in the OP so you can't flash the JB Firmware and you won't be able to flash any JB rom till the official release will b out

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
How? And the HBoot able to get the update, like:

"Hello you that got hboot version xxxx, the update is today!" lol

What?

Inside the update is a list of CIDs, I assume in some file that is also human readable. The list can't be changed because the whole thing is signed.

The phone sends a request to HTC over the internet, in that request it sends affair bit of info about the phone, including model number, CID and IMEI, the HTC server decides whether there is an update and responds appropriately.

waz675

Jun 9, 2012
Geelong
I just installed Windows native due to doing web work (wanted Dreamweaver and photoshop native on my SSD computer for a bit, it's been linux/non windows for a while like all my computers, but wanted a Windows SSD setup not in a VM).

Interestingly, I get

C:\Users\waz\Downloads>fastboot.exe getvar cid
cid: None
finished. total time: 0.005s

C:\Users\waz\Downloads>fastboot getvar version-main
version-main: 1.28.862.9
finished. total time: 0.007s

*edit* SOLVED MYSELF

Not a windows expert, I've installed HTC sync, not sure if anything else. Anyone know why I can see a CID when I used fastboot in Linux but Windows says 'none' (And I can't remember the exact CID either, damn impaired memory from chronic pain + pain drugs)
Any help is appreciated, I found a few threads with people showing same 'nothing' but no fixes/workarounds.

*edit*

So, the next thing I check, I find it LOL

fastboot oem readcid

Last edited:

matt95

Aug 8, 2010
Milan
I just installed Windows native due to doing web work (wanted Dreamweaver and photoshop native on my SSD computer for a bit, it's been linux/non windows for a while like all my computers, but wanted a Windows SSD setup not in a VM).

Interestingly, I get

C:\Users\waz\Downloads>fastboot.exe getvar cid
cid: None
finished. total time: 0.005s

C:\Users\waz\Downloads>fastboot getvar version-main
version-main: 1.28.862.9
finished. total time: 0.007s

*edit* SOLVED MYSELF

Not a windows expert, I've installed HTC sync, not sure if anything else. Anyone know why I can see a CID when I used fastboot in Linux but Windows says 'none' (And I can't remember the exact CID either, damn impaired memory from chronic pain + pain drugs)
Any help is appreciated, I found a few threads with people showing same 'nothing' but no fixes/workarounds.

*edit*

So, the next thing I check, I find it LOL

fastboot oem readcid

glad to see that there's someone who uses the search button :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Firmware supported CIDs are:

cidnum: HTC__001
    cidnum: HTC__E11
    cidnum: HTC__203
    cidnum: HTC__102
    cidnum: HTC__405
    cidnum: HTC__Y13
    cidnum: HTC__A07
    cidnum: HTC__304
    cidnum: HTC__M27
    cidnum: HTC__032
    cidnum: HTC__016
    cidnum: HTC__J15

---------- Post added at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

And you can get your CID number by typing 'fastboot getvar cid' in fastboot :)

Also this thread might be useful: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1920060
    ;)

has to be HTC_001 unfortunately!
    The CID list can be taken directly from the released file.