FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KK 4.4.2][ROM]Mackay OMNI ROM (27-Feb-2014)

5,296 posts
Thanks Meter: 16,105

By kasper_h, Recognized Developer on 15th December 2013, 11:27 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
22nd December 2013, 06:15 PM |#231  
Thanks Meter: 1,312

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimator

there is a delay

I received a call today and did not have the infamous "delay on call answering". This is with the latest version and I had the problem before. But please note that only a single call does not mean that the problem is solved.
23rd December 2013, 11:59 AM |#232  
Thanks Meter: 39

Donate to Me
More
i just have to say i realy love your roms. yesterday i checked your omni-rom and it's sooo fast and realy stable. thx for your great work.
The Following User Says Thank You to jo-the-ripper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jo-the-ripper Ad-Free
23rd December 2013, 05:56 PM |#233  
Flag Morsang sur Orge
Thanks Meter: 439

More
I made a mistake and posted it in the wrong thread before.

One of the French followers has a problem, and I can't help him.
Normally he did the whole procedure for flashing the OmniMackay Rom, twice ou three times.
He went even back to a stock rom 2.3.6 through Odin, root again and flash again.
He got the following message under CWM:

E: Short write of /tmp/sideload/package.zip (No space left on device)

Can anyone tell me whats wrong, I supposed that his rom didn't format the space, but he flashed twice.
Thanks,

Envoyé depuis mon GT-P5110 avec Tapatalk 4
23rd December 2013, 06:57 PM |#234  
Thanks Meter: 442

More
I don't think you can go from 2.3.6 straight to KitKat. Think you have to install 10.2 first. I could be wrong though..

Or you might get away with just installing a KK kernel on a phone running GB, then after you install the kernel select 'reboot recovery' and then install KK, that might work..

And tell him to backup his efs folder first, because I've lost my IMEI before when I jumped from GB to JB missing out ICS..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
23rd December 2013, 07:05 PM |#235  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 111

More
You can go straight to kk from 2.3.6 as I did that when I soft bricked my phone.
Just flash 2.3.6 from Odin then CF root and install 4.4 Nightly in cwm
It reboots to the nightly recovery and continues to flash the ROM.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 4
23rd December 2013, 07:11 PM |#236  
Flag Morsang sur Orge

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakitheracer

You can go straight to kk from 2.3.6 as I did that when I soft bricked my phone.

The message about the space came up after he flashed KK Omni Mackay.
He flashed 2.3.6 before.

I also flashed KK4.4 after a flash with 2.3.0 through Odin, and without any problem.
Thanks, I'll try to find out what he really did.

23rd December 2013, 08:10 PM |#237  
Thanks Meter: 1,309

More
Dropbox force close
Very nice ROM ... however ...having made a clean install with all wipes I'm encountering FC of Dropbox when attempting to sign into it, as soon as I start typing the email address. Tried Google and Android keyboards. Any ideas anyone?
23rd December 2013, 08:11 PM |#238  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakitheracer

True, I did that always on clean install. Now I have problem I can't do that anymore, not sure why, maybe crappy VulpiX V3.0 tweak messed up my stock 2.3.6. phone badly cause it can't be anything more. Always do clean flash by the book.
Now I can't flash anything no matter what I do wipe, mount unmount, always fails with :
Quote:

E: error executing update binary in zip '/sdcard
Error flashing zip +/sdcard/omni-MACKAY_ROM
unable to mount data
unable to mount system

I'm banging my head on the wall cause I did everything I cant seam seam to fix it.
Also on a note I can thick system and data in Mount section not sure if it's relevant since I never need to mess with clean flash this much.
If someone has any idea please tell me cause I'm loosing it..
23rd December 2013, 08:15 PM |#239  
Flag Morsang sur Orge

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elektroda

True, I did that always on clean install. Now I have problem I can't do that anymore, not sure why, maybe crappy VulpiX V3.0 tweak messed up my stock 2.3.6. phone badly cause it can't be anything more. Always do clean flash by the book.
Now I can't flash anything no matter what I do wipe, mount unmount, always fails with :

I'm banging my head on the wall cause I did everything I cant seam seam to fix it.
Also on a note I can thick system and data in Mount section not sure if it's relevant since I never need to mess with clean flash this much.

I've heard that before from another French user. He still stay now with 2.3.6.

23rd December 2013, 08:17 PM |#240  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elektroda

RU able to go into download mode ? If so, I can send you the link of JVU to be flashed with Odin.
23rd December 2013, 08:20 PM |#241  
Flag Morsang sur Orge

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunbury

RU able to go into download mode ? If so, I can send you the link of JVU to be flashed with Odin.

Your JVU is the stock rom 2.3.6?

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread