FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM]NEW X10x EWJet xKernel [85,000+ dls!] ZKERNEL and FREEKERNEL for .67 BB(24JUL11)

2,006 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,629

Post Reply Email Thread
25th June 2011, 10:33 PM |#2701  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroutis

I tried to install latest ROM (xKernel) but I couldn't make it. I flashed the .67 bb,
(X10i Baseband_arkedk_2.1.67) and then proceeded with the usual routine (wipe and all that ) but all I could get is endless WLOD...
Never made it past that first screen, the ARE U MAD? one. I flashed the rom and the launcher, then wiped dalvik cache, fixed permissions and booted.

I had to revert back to .52 bb and restored the backup I had made before trying.

Ideas?

This is exactly the same that is happening with me. What i did i was also getting endless wlod so i took out my battery for 1 min and put it in again, everything is up and running now going to do step 3, but i must say its worrying start.

EDIT: Finally got it working. But the installation is not very good, which i mean i got continous wlod when finished with step 2(had to take out battery), then had another wlod when busy with step 4. But rom looks smooth.
25th June 2011, 10:57 PM |#2702  
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroutis

I tried to install latest ROM (xKernel) but I couldn't make it. I flashed the .67 bb,
(X10i Baseband_arkedk_2.1.67) and then proceeded with the usual routine (wipe and all that ) but all I could get is endless WLOD...
Never made it past that first screen, the ARE U MAD? one. I flashed the rom and the launcher, then wiped dalvik cache, fixed permissions and booted.

I had to revert back to .52 bb and restored the backup I had made before trying.

Ideas?

Hey buddy,
How are you doing?
Well, seems that this issue is quite similar to another user couple posts ago.
He also reported me a wlod like yours and I told him that there is a patch for an alternative zKernel that increases a bit the voltage to prevent these unpleasant wlods.
Please, proceed to make a fresh flash again and after step 2 do not reboot but proceed to apply this patch for the alternative kernel and let me know your results.
Have fun!

Cheers,
Erick
The Following User Says Thank You to erickwill For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2011, 10:58 PM |#2703  
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter: 3,120

Donate to Me
More
Here you Erick a few lock screens i just quickly done, i will do some more tomorrow, we can chat then buddy and discuss further.

regards Ricky.
The Following User Says Thank You to colossus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift colossus Ad-Free
25th June 2011, 10:59 PM |#2704  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hey Eric, thanks for the reply,

Will try and let you know as soon as I have something to tell you

Cheers
25th June 2011, 11:14 PM |#2705  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Something that i realised is that the kernel is already overclocked to 1.13GH from the start, this means that when the systems starts its cpu clock speed is 1.13GH which can make the phone unstable as there are many things the system has to load therefore causing a wlod. The bad part of this is that u can set the cpu to a lower value but it only kicks in a few seconds after u see the homescreens, which could be too late. For an ideal clock speed the kernel should be preset to 999hz and this could make the rom more stable and then the user can increase it if he/she wishes.
25th June 2011, 11:22 PM |#2706  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I tried what you asked me Eric but there's no go, I keep getting the multiple WLODs, so right now I am restoring back to the backup I had.

But if there's truth to the fact that there's 1.13MHz overclock there, I never was able to go to that kind of speed withough WLOD ing and that could explain as to why I can't even get past the boot up screen..
26th June 2011, 12:14 AM |#2707  
Flag Salem, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 256

More
Ive got the new kernel version installed with go launcher, install was a breeze. This is blazing fast, but a problem. The camcorder is constantly going in and out of focus, and the camera is really choppy, cant focus and I switched to this rom for a perfect camera but this aint right, Ill try the alternative kernel later might be voltage thing? Everything else is great FAST, Im on barnacle right now.

I would also like to know a few things

1) Im in a hurry and cannot do link2sd as in the steps, can I do it later?

2) I noticed the fancy pictures of the rom with the android and rockets, and some other cool looking themes in the pictures, it would be nice if they were labeled what they are and how to get them.
26th June 2011, 12:20 AM |#2708  
Thanks Meter: 191

More
Dear Bugly asstard.

Link2sd can be done later.

Set you camcorder to infinite focus

The fancy pictures are from R3D launcher.,
The Following User Says Thank You to htcsnap93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift htcsnap93 Ad-Free
26th June 2011, 04:12 AM |#2709  
Flag sydney
Thanks Meter: 55

More
This really is the best ROM.
Great work Erick!!!!
Everything is perfect and running very smoothly
The Following User Says Thank You to B3AstLyBLitZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift B3AstLyBLitZ Ad-Free
26th June 2011, 04:27 AM |#2710  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcsnap93

Dear Bugly asstard.

Link2sd can be done later.

Set you camcorder to infinite focus

The fancy pictures are from R3D launcher.,

I wonder how to set to infinite?
26th June 2011, 08:44 AM |#2711  
Flag HCM City
Thanks Meter: 11

More
How to install duo boot
I have SE X10a T-mobile. I already installed a ur cookRom: NEW EWJET V001 ROM USING LATEST SE FIRMWARE 2.1.A.0.492. I 'd like used new version rom Gigerbread for game soft but don't want to remove ur Rom, it 's stable and smootly.
I need u help guide me install a new gingerbread with duo boot.
Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.1 custom kernel, 2.1.a.0.492, 2.1.b.0.1, best 2.1 rom ever, best x10 rom ever, best x10 rom out there, ewjet, fastest and reliable, rom, sonyericsson, supersonic, the best rom ever, x10, x10 rocket rom, xperia

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)