Acer Recovery Intaller 2.99beta1 (A100/A101/A200/A500/A501)

Search This thread

Euclid's Brother

May 3, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.interphaze.com
This is a beta release of the latest Acer Recovery Installer. Once the beta is finished, it will be release on the android market as version 3.0.

This release supports Acer Iconia A100, A200 and A500/A501. A100 and A200 must be using the ICS bootloader from the A200. Currently, there are no custom ROMs listed for the A100 and only one for the A200. More to come soon. There is a version of thor's 1.7 recovery for all devices. And all the included custom recoveries are GPL compliant. They all use stock kernels.

Since this version is not on the android market, it cannot validate any premium licenses, although it will use one if you already have a local license file. Therefore, this beta version will allow you to access the premium features w/o purchasing.

Some Notes:
It will create a folder in the internal sdcard called ".AcerRecoveryInstaller", which is where it will store the downloaded custom recovery files. Premium user license is also stored here.

Much of the code on the main page was rewritten and modularized to help facilitate support of new devices. When the A510 and A700 come out, it should be fairly easy to support those as well (assuming we can unlock the bootloader on them.)

Recovery files are no longer embeded in the apk you download from the market, which makes the apk MUCH smaller. Supporting multiple devices would have made the apk much too large if they were still included in the apk. The recovery files will be downloaded the first time you run this version. If you install it over a previous version, it will try to copy them from the old location first.

Download
http://www.interphaze.com/ROMs/Beta/Acer_Recovery_Installer.apk
md5: f0a03b50e08faa09e8d49e7224b0cd0f

After downloading, the file will probably end up with a .zip extension instead of a .apk. Just rename it to .apk to install it.

As I release new versions, I'll updated this OP.

EDIT: A number of users have been confused by the red outlined banner at the bottom. This banner replaced the links to my other apps a few versions back (2.7 something). The presence of that banner does not mean you've lost your premium license. The next beta will probably display a thank you banner instead of the one shown now if the premium features have already been purchased.

EDIT: V2.99beta3 is available at the link above. Much of the underlying code was changed and needed much testing. I believe it is pretty stable now. It supports TWRP 2.1.1!

Last edited:

dincdoes.me

May 8, 2011
Detroit
This is a beta release of the latest Acer Recovery Installer. Once the beta is finished, it will be release on the android market as version 3.0.

This release supports Acer Iconia A100, A200 and A500/A501. A100 and A200 must be using the ICS bootloader from the A200. Currently, there are no custom ROMs listed for the A100 and only one for the A200. More to come soon. There is a version of thor's 1.7 recovery for all devices. And all the included custom recoveries are GPL compliant. They all use stock kernels.

Since this version is not on the android market, it cannot validate any premium licenses, although it will use one if you already have a local license file. Therefore, this beta version will allow you to access the premium features w/o purchasing.

Some Notes:
It will create a folder in the internal sdcard called ".AcerRecoveryInstaller", which is where it will store the downloaded custom recovery files. Premium user license is also stored here.

Much of the code on the main page was rewritten and modularized to help facilitate support of new devices. When the A510 and A700 come out, it should be fairly easy to support those as well (assuming we can unlock the bootloader on them.)

Recovery files are no longer embeded in the apk you download from the market, which makes the apk MUCH smaller. Supporting multiple devices would have made the apk much too large if they were still included in the apk. The recovery files will be downloaded the first time you run this version. If you install it over a previous version, it will try to copy them from the old location first.

Download
md5: eb8302db485aa47df6f342698db6b820

After downloading, the file will probably end up with a .zip extension instead of a .apk. Just rename it to .apk to install it.

Looks Awesome I purchased this as as soon as walked out of bestbuy 8month ago:) this app has come a long way I just want to thank you for all you work its really a great app!

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

anikiup

Dec 4, 2010
Sterling

Some Notes:

Download
md5: eb8302db485aa47df6f342698db6b820

Can I install it on top of the market version or Should I uninstall that first?

pimpmaneaton

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Yes.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Any idea if TWRP 2.1.0 supports the extendedcommand file?

Extended command actions are locked down to clockwork mod based recoveries. There is a key need to use that function. But there are other apps that work with twrp that basically do the extended command goodies.

Sent from my Iconia A500 using Tapatalk 2

Euclid's Brother

May 3, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.interphaze.com
@pimpmaneaton

In which version of CWM did they lock it down? It works fine in thor's 1.7, and in hbwelches version that was built for the A200 (can't remember which version he based it on).

It also works on fine on my Sprint Epic Touch 4G using a custom built CWM (not from ROM Manager). I created a test script myself and it ran fine. That was based on 5.0.2.4 I believe. I have 5.0.2.8 installed now, i'll try it again with that one and see.

extendedcommand support really isn't much more than looking for the file and executing it like any edify script. package_extract type commands shouldn't be allowed, since it's not part of a package, but things like ui_print, format, run_program, install_zip, set_permission, symlink, etc.. shouldn't be too hard to do.

I've been trying to find more info on how Open Recovery Script works. To see if i can use that.

Last edited:

Zatta

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Dec 22, 2010
Sneek
I've been trying to find more info on how Open Recovery Script works. To see if i can use that.
If you find some interesting documentation/websites, would you mind sharing them here?

Although i would prefer normal extendedcommand support in twrp because seen the comments on review.cyanogenmod there is no change open recovery script will get merger to cwm. Besides that, if I understood it correctly, extendedcommand is not limited at all to rommanager. Kouch just changed his licence statement in the code to stipulate that.

Taptalked u see

Zatta

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Dec 22, 2010
Sneek
If anyone has used the beta2.99 from the OP, I'd love some feedback. Any problems? Working fine? Please be specific. Thanks.

I just tried it, works fine although i had to read the op here again to realize i needed to put the recovery image in the correct directory. A small embedded browser would be nice. Or at least a help function/about under the overflow menu.
I used it to flash thor 1.7 cwm over twrp, without auto reboot to recovery. I have used the free market function only once before so i can't really tell you the differences/improvements.

Acer A500 btw.

Taptalked u see

micky387

Recognized Developer
Sep 9, 2011
Lyon
If anyone has used the beta2.99 from the OP, I'd love some feedback. Any problems? Working fine? Please be specific. Thanks.

I'm use bêta 2.99 . I've tested 3 time full backup . 2 on 3 are working without problème. 1 time,reboot to recovery and reboot système without backup.
I've thor 1.7 cwm with flexreaper R11.
Your app are perfect.
Thanks

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

bog3nator

Dec 23, 2008
Lubbock
just installed and upgraded from thor 1.3.4 to 1.7...updating and flashed fine, rebooted into recovery and everything went perfect...thanks so much!

Euclid's Brother

May 3, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.interphaze.com
I just tried it, works fine although i had to read the op here again to realize i needed to put the recovery image in the correct directory. A small embedded browser would be nice. Or at least a help function/about under the overflow menu.
I used it to flash thor 1.7 cwm over twrp, without auto reboot to recovery. I have used the free market function only once before so i can't really tell you the differences/improvements.

Acer A500 btw.

Taptalked u see

I forgot to this mention in the OP. To install a recovery that's not automatically downloaded by the app, you place it in the root of your external sdcard and name it "recovery.img" (just like the old version). HOWEVER, if you don't have an external sdcard, then it looks in /sdcard/.AcerRecoveryInstaller instead.

I'm going to work on this more for beta2 and have it able to use multiple custom images. So you can have one or more additional recovery images instead of just "recovery.img"

Reactions: NoSudo

Euclid's Brother

May 3, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.interphaze.com
I'm use bêta 2.99 . I've tested 3 time full backup . 2 on 3 are working without problème. 1 time,reboot to recovery and reboot système without backup.
I've thor 1.7 cwm with flexreaper R11.
Your app are perfect.
Thanks

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

I guess it's possible, for whatever reason, the sdcard didn't mount that one time. If that happens again, please PM me the file located at /cache/recovery/last_log after it boots back into android.

Thanks!

micky387

Recognized Developer
Sep 9, 2011
Lyon
ok.
Your app is fantastic so i've purchas the premium version .
Thanks
Best regards

Envoyé depuis mon A500 avec Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Some Notes:

Download
    md5: f0a03b50e08faa09e8d49e7224b0cd0f

EDIT: A number of users have been confused by the red outlined banner at the bottom. This banner replaced the links to my other apps a few versions back (2.7 something). The presence of that banner does not mean you've lost your premium license. The next beta will probably display a thank you banner instead of the one shown now if the premium features have already been purchased.

EDIT: V2.99beta3 is available at the link above. Much of the underlying code was changed and needed much testing. I believe it is pretty stable now. It supports TWRP 2.1.1!
    I will make custom rom for A100 , give me some time.
    Just been very busy.

EDIT
    Full A100 custom rom is in A100 section
    V2.99beta3 is available at the link above. Much of the underlying code was changed and needed much testing. I believe it is pretty stable now.

* It supports TWRP 2.1.1 via OpenRecoveryScript.
    * Licensing code updated.
    * Banner at botton of main screen reflect current license status.
    * Can check/install app updates from the setting menu.
    * Resolution should work better for A100

Cheers,
    EB
    Will this allow me to flash a working gpl compliant recovery on unlocked bl v3?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

yes. If the cwm is listed in the app, then it is GPL compliant. It does support the ICS bootloader.. Doesn't matter if it's the .11-ICS or the .12-UNL
    For me (future changelog)