Nexus 7 4.2.2 JDQ39 update rolling out in USA?

Search This thread

phonic

May 30, 2008
Florida
Phonic:

How many of the 450 + posts on this thread gave a "who got what when" triggered your response?

I haven't read many at all, but so what if there were, given that the title of the post is 'Nexus 7 4.2.2 JDQ39 update rolling out in USA'

Everytime an OTA update rolls out, for any platform, the forums are littered with posts containing nothing more than "Still nothing" or "I just got it!" posts. Outside of when an OTA first comes out, and the first handful of people confirm that it is in fact rolling out (in general), the other hundreds of posts are useless and irrelevant. It's not like people are going to discover the secret Google Rollout Formula to predict when they will get their's. If it means that much to somone, either flash the public OTA or full image which was released a week ago. But in your case, I responded to your comment because you made a completely inaccurate statement that it "finally made it to New England" based solely on your personal experience. And as I said, the fact that YOU just got it doesn't mean anything, and I'm 110% certain that many other people in New England received it a week ago.

Google is going to take their time rolling out updates because of the size and quantity. While there probably is some formula as far as who gets what when, it's not happening state-by-state or in any predictible manner. The fact is, 99%+ of people have no idea there even is an update until their device tells them so - and even then, most of them don't even care or know what it's for. And the other ~1% who are 'techy' and care about such things can just force the update themselves within an hour (or less) of it being released.

thevuman

Jan 17, 2009
Just got my ota update from Google. I'm stock everything and not rooted. I never updated to 4.2.1 since the bad reviews and stayed with 4.1.2. But blood reviews for the new update so I updated it. Very nice and smooth so far

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

xdatastic

Jan 14, 2012
Sydney
Just got my ota update from Google. I'm stock everything and not rooted. I never updated to 4.2.1 since the bad reviews and stayed with 4.1.2. But blood reviews for the new update so I updated it. Very nice and smooth so far

So did your N7 update directly from 4.2 to 4.2.2 without first updating to 4.2.1? If so, did you happen to grab the update URL?

didi0815

Oct 15, 2012
Hi, I try it here, not sure if this is the right place, please tell me where to go if I'm wrong here.

I have Nexus 7 3G rooted with previous Version of this Wug's Root Toolkit, so I have 4.2.1, JOP40D
Additionally I have applied the WLAN Tethering/Wifi Hotspot patch http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1995737

Can I update now to 4.2.2 without wiping anything (like I did with my Samsung Galaxy S and CM10.1)?
Or do I have to go back to stock, then update and than apply new version of a root kid again?

Is the Wifi Hotspot patch running on 4.2.2 or is Wifi Hotspot already included in 4.2.2?

Top Liked Posts