FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Do you use a screen protector sticker for your P6 ?

2,004 posts
Thanks Meter: 737

By warea, Senior Member on 12th September 2013, 10:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Does a Gorilla glass in anyway prevent scratches on the screen ? If not, what type of screen protector is best such that it doesn't take away any brightness or clarity of the screen ?
13th September 2013, 03:19 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by warea

Does a Gorilla glass in anyway prevent scratches on the screen ? If not, what type of screen protector is best such that it doesn't take away any brightness or clarity of the screen ?

Never used screen protectors on my last P1 and my current P6. IF you're going to use any screen protectors make sure its military grade like the ones sold at zagg.com

But if its just a simple plastic protector? don't bother, it will just get scratched by normal stuff that would not scratch the gorilla glass.

The Following User Says Thank You to daryltanael For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daryltanael Ad-Free
13th September 2013, 10:25 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
on my old S2 I tried various screen protectors, and most were cheap rubbish, but tried a media devil magic screen one, slightly more expensive, but well worth it.

they've just released one for the P6 and just like the one I used before its excellent, perfect fit and very easy to put on, and no bubbles first time

Can't post a proper link, but google it, or you can get them on amazon.
The Following User Says Thank You to markgranto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift markgranto Ad-Free
13th September 2013, 08:41 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
From my reading, Gorilla glass is scratch resistant. And P6 uses the Gorilla glass 2. There is toughness test of it on youtube. But despite all that it isnt 100% scratch proof. So I would have to look for the protector. I would miss the real thing
14th September 2013, 03:03 PM |#5  
Flag Antwerp
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I run through my cheapest screen protectors ever but they were pretty cheap on ebay, but it was so worse I had to put it off bcz it didn't looked nice anymore...

Now I'm without screen protector and it's much smoother surface and not have seen any scratch yet for almost a month using it and sticking it in my pockets...

But I think I will buy me another good screen protectors to be sure no scratch will come on the screen bcz I heard it will get scratches with sand and stuff...
The Following User Says Thank You to Beready For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Beready Ad-Free
14th October 2013, 07:21 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
had various device with gorilla glass before, iphone, galaxy s3 and s4 some from sony etc etc never used screen protectors of any kind and never got scratches. only thing to worry about is sand and stone. those will go trough the glass as a knife trough butter
15th October 2013, 05:41 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 666

More
Bought this one , yesterday :

ES3 0.6mm Premium Real Tempered Glass Film Screen Protector For Huawei Ascend P6

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321188169415...84.m1439.l2649

I'll report next week , when it arrives
18th October 2013, 11:54 AM |#8  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Well I would say the screen of P6 does not require any screen protector...because the gorilla screen it has is quite resisting one to scratches and more over the screen protector might disturb the touch experience...so not so much worries to use P6 without any screen protector...
9th November 2013, 06:25 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Would screen protectors significantly help protect the screen glass during drops ?
18th November 2013, 08:04 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
@pvillasuso, any feedback on that purchase?

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using Tapatalk
28th November 2013, 02:15 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2,449

More
Just got a scratch, I feel depressed. It's a small one, made by something that was in my pocket, dunno what it was. - Sure hope a screen protector will hide it!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)