CS918/MK888/K-R42 Startup/boot problem

Search This thread

7ymekk

Mar 8, 2010
Białystok
Hello,

My MK888 box worked smoothly only for two days. On third day I noticed that device is turned off. It can't boot up now. The PowerLED lights up for 5 seconds and it goes off. The video of this process You can see here: http://www.mediafire.com/watch/gcg1a43k9qceoem/CAM00200_compressed.mp4

Connecting OTG cable causes permanent glow PowerLED, until disconnected. I checked dmesg and it doesn't change when I connect device with OTG cable. Windows doesn't see it either. Connecting it with Recovery button pressed down doesn't help. It has stock rom without any modififcations. Only XBMC installed and some other apps.

Does anyone has any idea how to fix this?

I bought it here: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TV-B...3188-2GB-RAM-8GB-ROM-CS918-AV/1392309954.html
The seller gave me link to some new firmware and no other info. Only "please download the firmware and install in your computer, and then connect the tv box to the computer, it will flash automatically ".

Hammer_drum

Jan 21, 2013
Hello,

My MK888 box worked smoothly only for two days. On third day I noticed that device is turned off. It can't boot up now. The PowerLED lights up for 5 seconds and it goes off. The video of this process You can see here: http://www.mediafire.com/watch/gcg1a43k9qceoem/CAM00200_compressed.mp4

Connecting OTG cable causes permanent glow PowerLED, until disconnected. I checked dmesg and it doesn't change when I connect device with OTG cable. Windows doesn't see it either. Connecting it with Recovery button pressed down doesn't help. It has stock rom without any modififcations. Only XBMC installed and some other apps.

Does anyone has any idea how to fix this?

I bought it here: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TV-B...3188-2GB-RAM-8GB-ROM-CS918-AV/1392309954.html
The seller gave me link to some new firmware and no other info. Only "please download the firmware and install in your computer, and then connect the tv box to the computer, it will flash automatically ".

Follow his advice, re-install Stock Rom

7ymekk

Mar 8, 2010
Białystok
Last edited:

7ymekk

Mar 8, 2010
Białystok
The drivers are not an issue as the dmesg (linux tool) shows nothing, like no device is connected. It should show something. I thought that there is some hack for this or possibility to connect with JTAG or something. I will send it back to the seller.

Vicolodo

Oct 10, 2011
The drivers are not an issue as the dmesg (linux tool) shows nothing, like no device is connected. It should show something. I thought that there is some hack for this or possibility to connect with JTAG or something. I will send it back to the seller.

HELLO,
i have exactly the SAME problem as you described with my tv box (i think it is T-R42 because it has bluetooth)
Also i have the stock rom , and also i bought the tv box from an aliexpress seller

Normally i keep it in operation (was about a week i didn't turn off it)
yesterday morning i found it powered off,
and when i try to power on it pressing the button,
the button light stays on for a few seconds, then it (and the device) turns off

Yesterday night i connected the tv box to my pc via otg cable.
When connected to the pc via otg, the light stays on.
Connecting the usb cable to the pc, and pushing the reset button under the tv box, my pc detects rk31sdk device, then asks to install drivers for it
Choosing automatic search of drivers, my pc find drivers for 'MDB device' and istall them... and the process ends correctly
But after a few seconds, windows finds another time the 'new hardware', and asks to install drivers... and so on

(I dont know if in this phase i did some wrong action, this evening i will try to find and install the right drivers...)

Then i downloaded the software for my tv box, including the Rockchip updater (RKAndroidTool.exe) and latest custom rom from wasser (forum freaktab.com) :

http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/firmware-wasser-1.2.4.zip

Then i lauched the RKAndroidTool:
the first time it didn't find the device, so i tried to disconnect the tv box, reconnect it and press the reset button under the tv box

In that way, the RKAndroidTool detected the device.
I Clicked Erase IDB, and seems it worked find, endings OK

Then i selected all the software : Loader, Parameter, Misc, Kernel, Boot, Recovery, System and clicked 'RUN'
The process started, i saw:
Testing device: OK
Flashing Ram... OK

So i was happy, i thought i solved my problem...
instead i solved nothing, the device still had the same behaviour as before (the same as you described)

So i repeated the process, selecting only one update at a time, (only the Boot , only the Recovery, only the System etc)
The process seems always to work ok, because it ends with OK
But the tv box didn't change behaviour, the same problem remain

I noticed that sometimes during the update process the message 'Found RKAndroid Loader Rock USB' changed to 'NOT FOUND',
so i had to retry pushing the reset button to make it be found

I dont know how RKTool works, i have the suspect that messages tells OK also if it do nothing ...

this evening i will retry, installing the right drivers...

7ymekk

Mar 8, 2010
Białystok
You are a lucky guy. Mine wasn't even detected by my PC. After maaany approaches of powerON+RecoveryButton dmesg showed the new device only once with following issue: "BOS descriptor failed.". The seller told me to send it back for replace, but they will cover only one posting cost. It cost me extra $16

Vicolodo

Oct 10, 2011
You are a lucky guy. Mine wasn't even detected by my PC. After maaany approaches of powerON+RecoveryButton dmesg showed the new device only once with following issue: "BOS descriptor failed.". The seller told me to send it back for replace, but they will cover only one posting cost. It cost me extra $16

Hello,
i have still to test it,
but perhaps i got the solution for the problem:

a user from freaktab forum suggested me that the problem should be the power adapter:

he suggested me to buy a power adapter 5V , with 2A output minimum

I dont have such power adapter, if you have it, and you have not sent yet the tv box to the supplier, please check this solution and let me know!

Thanks

7ymekk

Mar 8, 2010
Białystok
I saw this solution somewhere in the internet, but unfortunately I checked it with 2.5A adapter...it didn't help. I tested the standard adapter with multimeter and everything appeared to be fine. I already sent my device to the seller. I hope he will replace it.

Vicolodo

Oct 10, 2011
I saw this solution somewhere in the internet, but unfortunately I checked it with 2.5A adapter...it didn't help. I tested the standard adapter with multimeter and everything appeared to be fine. I already sent my device to the seller. I hope he will replace it.

i found this thread on freaktab

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread....few-seconds-then-shuts-down-Bad-power-adapter

i will check if this solution will work with my tv box

In the case it doesn't work i think i will have also to send the tv box to the aliexpress seller...

but i dont know how to do it, and how much i have to pay

did you choose DHL shipment, or which other carrier?

I bought my t-r42 on october, now are passed 4 months... i dont know if i still can ask to the seller to replace it...
any suggestion?

Thanks!

7ymekk

Mar 8, 2010
Białystok
I asked him through aliexpress:
Sign In -> My orders -> CHOOSE_YOUR_ORDER -> View Detail
at the bottom of this page I have some sort of chat feature.

DHL is out of the question! They take 20-40$. I sent it with Polish Post.

Reactions: Vicolodo

Vicolodo

Oct 10, 2011

Ok thank you,
if the power adapter solution doesn't work i will try to contact the seller
To be honest, i am not very satisfied of this tv box, it didn't work very well
for example i used skype (connecting it to a logitech c270 webcam), and it didnt work well... very often skype crashed, and camera app also had problems...
Perhaps i will ask to the seller if i can buy another model and can get some discount returning my tv box to him...

davidgi2k

Apr 17, 2014
quad core android tv box Q7

I trie to make update the fimware after 1minute re line and write fails,
i try again an the recovery an the device is not work..

help me please.

cg321

Feb 28, 2015
Same problem

Did anyone could fix this? I have the same problem, any firmware, even the supposed stock one, fix the problem, the device doesn't boot.
I don't know what happens, it can update the firmware every time I want....

Tonian1878

Nov 12, 2013
RKbatchtool is better than RKAndroidtool.

connect the box to the PC via OTG but do not connect the power. hold the recovery button and then connect the power cable.

if this still fails then try Maskmode. bit more complex and i would recommend a good read over at freaktab.com first. have to open the box up and short the 8th and 9th Pin on the NAND chip.
similar to this http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1943-NEW-Unbrick-or-fix-NAND-on-the-MK808

and those with a Q7 box. dont use Wassers rom. it will load but bluetooth, wifi and ethernet wont work on it
Freaktab has roms for the q7

cs918

May 5, 2015
I had the same problem, I even brought device to my friend who work in repair shop and he don`t find any technical damage. Then one evening i was watching movie and all the time trying to connect it to pc and reset, and etc. then suddenly blue light start glowing and since then it is working very well, but my pc still dont recognize it :)

alicechen

Jul 13, 2015
good price for cs918 tv box

Hi dear friend
Pls help to forward the message to the procurement officer.Thanks
^_^
CS918 TV BOX 1G $29 CS918 TV BOX 2G $32
We get your email address and know that you are interest in the tv box.
We would like to introduce our company and products, hope that we may build business cooperation in the future.
We are factory specializing in the manufacture and export of tv box for more than three years.;like hot sales MINIX \ MXQ \MXIII\ CS918 \ M8 \ M8S \ Arabic iptv box .and so on ...
Expressly, our price is very competitive because we are manufactory,
We also can put yourself logo on the tv box,And according to your request to add some design
As a very active manufactures, we often develop new designs , If you have interest in it, it's my pleasure to offer news to you regular.
Best regards
umtron.jack

kik:jack um

billywong2015

Aug 26, 2015
CS918S Start up problem

I had same start up problem with my new CS918S TV Box.

contacted Seller and she gave me link to some new firmware and no other info. Only "please download the firmware and install in your computer, and then connect the tv box to the computer, it will flash automatically ".

I downloaded all the upgrade software as mentioned but still not working.

I went to my friend's home who is also using the same TV Box. Tested my TV Box with my friend's HDMI Cable, Power Adapter one by one. Finally, finding out when using my Power Adapter for the 2 TV Boxes they had the same startup problem. But using my friend's power adapter, both are working . Communicated with seller shop: China SmartView Digital Co. Ltd. Aliexpress Store no: 808900. She asked me to mail back to the manufacture direct but she doesn't be responsible for any cost.
I order a new power adapter cable from other supplier at my own cost.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.