What are people using to get apps?

Search This thread

dw9075n

Jun 15, 2020
Hi all.

I have been using the P40pro for a while now and have used App gallery and Petal search. I am just wondering if anyone has found any better ways to get apps on the device maybe something that auto updates apps as manually isn't that bad. But it is not just overly convenient.

ChrisHtube

May 27, 2020
Hi all.

I have been using the P40pro for a while now and have used App gallery and Petal search. I am just wondering if anyone has found any better ways to get apps on the device maybe something that auto updates apps as manually isn't that bad. But it is not just overly convenient.

If they where downloaded from App gallery they will auto update or you can set to manual if you prefer. With petal it is a manual job but realistically this allows you to check what the update is actually for an if you want to do it or wait for the next one, so there is a plus side to this.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Hi all.

what have you enjoyed on the phone?

dw9075n

Jun 15, 2020
If they where downloaded from App gallery they will auto update or you can set to manual if you prefer. With petal it is a manual job but realistically this allows you to check what the update is actually for an if you want to do it or wait for the next one, so there is a plus side to this.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

what have you enjoyed on the phone?

The phone is really good battery life and camera. Works very smooth. Just takes a while to do all the updates as i just forget about them :eek:

TechPeck

Jun 15, 2020
PhoneClone as a starting point - but I make sure to replace with version from AppGallery if possible (Snapchat + Tinder for example)
AppGallery
PetalSearch
Aptoide
APK Sites which don't appear on Petal
Direct from sites (Facebook and Vanced (Vanced.App) for example)

That's pretty much it unless you're going to get Play Store installed and working.

dw9075n

Jun 15, 2020
PhoneClone as a starting point - but I make sure to replace with version from AppGallery if possible (Snapchat + Tinder for example)
AppGallery
PetalSearch
Aptoide
APK Sites which don't appear on Petal
Direct from sites (Facebook and Vanced (Vanced.App) for example)

That's pretty much it unless you're going to get Play Store installed and working.

I've heard thatAurora store is pretty good.