[APP][4.0.3+] Facebook Patcher 100+ -Avoid using Messenger, send messages from FB app

Should I replace the new message option with a fallback to the mobile site?

• Yes, would be easier to manage message requests.

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • No way! It's fine as it is.

Votes: 20 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

lorantm

Apr 16, 2016
Budapest
PATCHED APK'S HERE - by @wolfballz

What to do if you don't want to use Messenger, rather to send messages from the Facebook app itself?

a) If you'd like to use the voip function, use 55.0.0.18.66 patched.
Do NOT use the unpatched app with Messenger 1.0 because it won't let you see your messages, instead it will ask you to update Facebook.

b) If you don't care about voip calls, but need Facebook's new features and a rich messaging interface like in Messenger, use either 85.0.0.0.18 patched or 78.0.0.16.67 patched (both for ARM only).
It also offers some extra features that the APK patched with 2.9 doesn't have:
● Version modified to 999 so the app won't ask you to update.
● Fixed crash when opening gallery from composer.
● No duplicate emoji buttons in composer.
● Bubble style delivery state icons like in Messenger.
● Blue title bar to fit FB's design (v85 only).

c) If you'd like to stay up-to-date, you can always patch the latest version using Facebook Patcher 100+. The latest version where message notifications work is 106.0.0.26.68. Note that you'll only see the mobile messaging site in the in-app browser on the latest versions!
106.0.0.26.68 patched for ARM devices (51.9 MB)
106.0.0.26.68 patched for x86 devices (54.8 MB)

FEATURES

● Send messages directly from the main Facebook app without the need to install Messenger.
● Send emojis and stickers.
[The following features aren't offered by Facebook Patcher 100+, just by FBPatcher 2.9 up to version 85.0.0.0.18]
● Use QuickCam to capture & send images and short videos instantly.
● Edit images and videos before sending them.
● Share images from conversations to Facebook.
● Send hot likes, audio clips, events and locations.
● See cool snow fall and floating hearts when sending the appropriate emojis.
● Play Messenger's basketball and soccer game (unfortunately, without score submission).
[The following features are only applicable to Facebook Patcher 100+]
● No matter what variant you download, the patched APK will be a 4.0.3+ one.
● Removes lots of junk from the APK and compresses it --> much smaller app size!

USAGE

0. Install the latest Java runtime if you don't have it yet.
1. Download a Facebook APK from apkmirror.
2. Download the patcher (from V100, use Facebook Patcher 100+), start it with double click and follow the instructions.
3. Uninstall the official Facebook app.
4. Copy the patched apk to your device, install and enjoy!

TROUBLESHOOTING

Can't start the patcher
Firstly, update to the latest Java -- the patcher requires version 1.8 at least. If you can't start it with double click on Windows, you should associate jar files with 'javaw.exe' (NOT 'java.exe' as it won't work). It's in the bin folder of your Java installation (typically 'Program Files\Java\jre*').
On Linux/Mac, you should use 'chmod +x' on the jar file before the first run to get execution permission. Google it if you're not familiar with that command.

Got an error while patching
● Most likely: Facebook changed something in the code, please wait for patcher update.
● Very unlikely: you don't have enough space (<100MB) for the patcher's temporary files.
● Very unlikely: APK file is corrupted, try to download it again.
If nothing helps, post a log or screenshot here.

Can't install patched APK
● You have the official Facebook app installed, you should uninstall it first.
● You have it preinstalled (flashed on 'system') -- you can only get rid of it with root, sorry, not my fault.
● You're trying to install a 4.0.3+ variant over a 5.0+ one and vice versa, uninstall the app first.
● You're trying to install a 5.0+ variant on a pre-Lollipop system, try patching & installing a 4.0.3+ variant.

Patched app quits on start
● If you've just updated to a patched alpha, you may have to clear app data before first start. Some alphas may get in an infinite loop on start if old app data is present. This is not the patcher's fault, the original app also has this issue.
● It's very likely that you've downloaded an APK built for an architecture that's different from your device's one. For example, you have an x86 device and installed an ARM APK that won't work. Since x86 mobile devices are rather rare, you could hardly find any x86 APK's. To obtain one for your device, you should install it from Google Play and save the APK with a backup application or Total Commander. Then you can pull it to your PC and patch it. Don't forget to uninstall the original app before trying to install the patched one!

KNOWN ISSUES

These issues are known and can't/won't be fixed.
● On some versions prior to 75.0.0.23.69 the app crashes when scrolling down 20 messages in thread list, this is not the patcher's fault, use a later version to avoid this bug (85.0.0.0.18 is recommended).
● Back and info buttons on title bar, GIF and Payment buttons don't do anything.
● On Android 6.0+, clicking the blue button in the Messenger permission request window causes a crash. Grant the permissions for the app from Settings/Apps.
● Your basketball and soccer score won't be submitted to the thread.
● From v107, message notifications don't work because Facebook messed up something - use v106 stable instead.

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

Q: What does it do to the Facebook app?
A: FBPatcher is a desktop Java application that needs a Facebook APK file as input and will provide you a patched APK as output, with Messenger functionality. It only does minimalistic (but yet not trivial) modifications to some classes and the manifest, new code isn't inserted into the app -- the Messenger window with all of its resources and code is in the original APK, this patcher just makes it accessible.

Q: Will the patched app be updated via Play Store?
A: No, you should always download, patch and install the latest version manually to be up-to-date.

Q: Is there any way to make VoIP calls working?
A: From V56, no. Use 55.0.0.18.66 if you need free calls.

DESCRIPTION

Operations performed by the patcher
● Extracts manifest and dex files.
● Finds patchable classes in the dex files by searching for patterns that identify those classes.
● Disassembles dex files that contain patchable code, automatically modifies the classes and reassembles the files.
● Patches the manifest to remove FB specific permissions and modify the Messenger window's theme.
● [100+ only] Reduces app size by removing unused files.
● Updates the APK with the patched files and signs it.

List of patched stuff
AndroidManifest.xml -- modifies ThreadViewActivity's theme and removes FB specific permissions to allow other FB apps to be installed, also adds CreateThreadActivity again.
ForceMessenger -- enables in-app messaging.
[The following classes don't exist from a specific version / aren't touched by Facebook Patcher 100+]
MessengerMSiteUriIntentBuilder -- creates entry points for Messenger code instead of mobile messaging site, also enables some features.
DiodeMessengerActivity -- replaces the 'Install Messenger' Fragment with Messenger thread list.
ThreadListFragment -- defines an on-click event for thread list items (ThreadViewActivity will be opened with the selected thread / mobile site will show up when tapping message request).
FacebookActivityDelegate(Impl) -- crash fix for ThreadViewActivity.
MuteThreadWarningNotification -- crash fix for ThreadViewActivity.
BballView(.3) -- crash fix for basketball game.
SoccerFeedbackEmojisView -- crash fix for soccer game.
MessagesVideoConfigModule -- Enables gallery video sending/transcoding.
InboxFilterManager.NoSaveStateBehavior -- was missing, added again
TwoLineComposerView -- remove Payment button action
ThreadListContextMenuHelper -- remove 'Mute thread' option

Included third party libs
XZ for Java by Tukaani
smali/baksmali by JesusFreke
SignApk (part of AOSP)
Click to see licenses.

Licensing of XZ for Java

All the files in this package have been written by Lasse Collin and/or Igor Pavlov. All these files have been put into the public domain. You can do whatever you want with these files.

This software is provided "as is", without any warranty.

Licensing of smali/baksmali

[The "BSD licence"]
Copyright (c) 2010 Ben Gruver (JesusFreke)
All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in thedocumentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
3. The name of the author may not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR "AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

Licensing of SignApk

Copyright (C) 2007 The Android Open Source Project

Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
You may obtain a copy of the License at

http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.

FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY -- If you place a file called 'fbpatcher.dev' next to the FBP100+ jar file, containing the following text: 'I want my intern settings menu!', internal settings will be enabled in the Facebook app.

Free of Facebook code.

WHAT'S NEW

Version 2.9, 07-21-2016
● Support for latest versions (web view messaging only)

Version 2.8, 07-06-2016
● Fixed crashing new message option (mobile site fallback)
● Patchability check (does not proceed if Messenger code is missing)

Version 2.7, 06-25-2016
● Support for message requests

Version 2.6, 06-17-2016
● Fixed new message option for 83.0.0.0.39

Version 2.5, 06-16-2016
● OS native look and feel with support for high DPI displays
● Sticker search feature
● Fixed new soccer game
● Removed crashing options (mute thread & payment)

Version 2.4, 06-08-2016
● Same as 2.3 but has a GUI
● Reduced size (425KB)

Version 2.3, 06-04-2016
● Support for latest versions (tested up to 81.0.0.0.49 alpha)
● Reduced size thanks to proguard

Version 2.2, 06-01-2016
● Support for latest versions (tested up to 81.0.0.0.20 alpha)
● Removed aapt without losing backwards compatibility

Version 2.1, 05-30-2016
● Support for latest versions (tested up to 80.0.0.0.44 alpha)
● Much faster patching (dex files are assembled in memory)

Version 2.0, 05-26-2016
● 'New message' function: tap [<-] button on title bar in thread list

Version 1.9, 05-25-2016
● Support for latest versions (tested up to 80.0.0.0.18 alpha)
● Resource name obfuscation resistance

Version 1.8, 05-21-2016
● Bugfixes for latest stable and beta versions

Version 1.7, 05-21-2016
● Support for latest versions (tested up to 79.0.0.0.52 alpha)

Version 1.6, 05-20-2016
● Support for latest versions (tested up to 79.0.0.0.39 alpha)
● Basketball game re-fix
● Much faster and error-free patching
● APK verification
● Reduced size (removed apktool, wrote own manifest hacking routine)
● Improved cleanup method - requires less free space

Version 1.5, 05-07-2016
● Better logging and error handling
● Other Facebook apps can now be installed
● Backwards compatibility down to V59

Version 1.4, 05-04-2016
● Video sending from gallery
● Inline video playback
● Floating hearts
● Linux aapt permission fix

Version 1.3, 05-01-2016
● Easy starter batch file included for Windows users
● Reduced size
● No more separate 'tools' directory, everything is within 'fbpatcher.jar'
● More readable and structured command line output
● Error codes

Version 1.2, 04-30-2016
● Apktool/smali logging
● Safety cleanup on start
● Support for latest versions (tested up to 76.0.0.0.49 alpha)
● Messenger thread list instead of mobile site
● QuickCam video sending
● Basketball game fix

Version 1.1, 04-27-2016
● Support for latest versions (tested with 73.0.0.18.66 stable and 76.0.0.0.19 alpha)

If you like FBPatcher, you can support its development, or simply click Thanks or share this thread on social media sites.

Attachments

• fbpatcher-2.9.jar
    403 KB · Views: 12,416
  • fbconv-1.0.jar
    77.7 KB · Views: 5,041
  • fbpatcher100plus.jar
    1 MB · Views: 3,635
Last edited:

jineshpatel30

Nov 8, 2012
Instructions

To keep all discussion on this thread I'm coping my reply here as well. ;)
How do I do that?
2. Run the patcher: java -jar fbpatcher.jar <input_apk> <output_apk>

Here is step by step instructions i followed to get it work on windows ( i think linux users knows how to do this simple things :p )

this guide was written for earlier version of patcher, but @lorantm is providing much easier automated patcher version now (from v1.3+ ) so just follow OP's USAGE GUIDE

still you can go through my guide for some deeper details and reference ;) it wouldn't hurt and you will learn some history of patcher !

1. you need JAVA installed in PC if not install it from here https://java.com/en/download/

2. Download official (Not patched ) apk of latest stable Facebook(for now v76 here ) or as per recommendation of OP according to patcher version.(USE V75+ TO AVOID THE THREAD LIST SCROLL DOWN BUG! )

3. download patcher by @lorantm from OP

4. extract patcher in fbpatcher folder (use extract to fbpatcher/ )

5. put donloaded FB version form 2nd point in this folder and rename it to fb.apk for ease.

6(new). hold Shift and right click on empty space, then select open command prompt here in empty space of your folder that contains fb.apk & fbpatcher.. now No need to copy cmd.exe at that folder...this method will open your system inbuild cmd so skip directly to Point 9

8. now your folder should look like this
attachment.php

9. open cmd.exe and write java -jar fbpatcher.jar fb.apk fbpatched.apk (mind on spaces... see below pic for clarity )

10. wait for 5-10 min and let patcher do its job you will get fbpatched.apk as patched file.

attachment.php

Install & enjoy :D :p

Last edited:

jineshpatel30

Nov 8, 2012
Nice guide! Only one thing: I think it would be enough to hold Shift and right click on empty space, then select open command prompt here (in step 6).

@lorantm köszönöm szépen, nagyszerű!! (Thanks, it's awesome!)
Working fine with the suggested FB version on Xiaomi Mi3 with Marshmallow :)
Waiting for the version with that message icon, right now I can't access groups from app if there are no new messages.
that's nice suggestion ! actually i forgot about it while writing guide.

Reactions: b0li

a.broken.star

Mar 11, 2013
India
So when using patched facebook app, when we click on msg icon, msg interface is loaded in mobile web mode inside the fb app itself. But i am using latest fb app, and latest facebook chat enabler , and it do the same thing. What's the benefit of patching ?

Sent from my MI 3W using XDA-Developers mobile app

jineshpatel30

Nov 8, 2012
Reactions: Smoking Monkey

Smoking Monkey

Apr 3, 2013
For anyone doing this on a mac you open up terminal and type cd /
Then drag the fbpatcher folder into terminal and press enter.
Copy and paste java -jar fbpatcher.jar FB72.apk FB72P.apk then press enter again.

raptorddd

Jun 13, 2013
culiacan
:crying::crying::crying::crying::(:(:(
guys i have problem.. when i try cmd.exe i get error saying it isnt compatible with my windows..
i searched and to fix i do run command scf/scann something like that and after scan it found conflict but it didnt fix it. :crying:
am very bad at command prompt if i go to accessories and use the comand promt there it works , is there a way for me to do it from there or it must have the cmd.exe in folder.?
if not can osme upload it and share please.. or help fix why cmd says its not compatible.? windows tiny7.

jineshpatel30

Nov 8, 2012
:crying::crying::crying::crying::(:(:(
guys i have problem.. when i try cmd.exe i get error saying it isnt compatible with my windows..
i searched and to fix i do run command scf/scann something like that and after scan it found conflict but it didnt fix it. :crying:
am very bad at command prompt if i go to accessories and use the comand promt there it works , is there a way for me to do it from there or it must have the cmd.exe in folder.?
if not can osme upload it and share please.. or help fix why cmd says its not compatible.? windows tiny7.
hold Shift and right click on empty space, then select open command prompt here in empty space of your folder that contains FB.apk & fbpatcher..No need to copy cmd.exe at that folder...this method will open your system inbuild cmd

motfis

Oct 10, 2013
Hi, I want to ask, there is no call function on this "messenger"?
and when are you going to release the one with working messenger button?

Thanks!!

lorantm

Apr 16, 2016
Budapest
New version!

V1.1 is out! I successfully patched 73.0.0.18.66 and 76.0.0.0.19 alpha with it and they worked perfectly.
The new version of FBPatcher can be downloaded from the first post, I updated the link.

Explanation: a method in com.facebook.messaging.banner.MuteThreadWarningNotification had to be dummied to make it work.

Last edited:

lorantm

Apr 16, 2016
Budapest
Hi, I want to ask, there is no call function on this "messenger"?
and when are you going to release the one with working messenger button?

Thanks!!

You can't make calls. Facebook removed WebrtcIncallActivity from the manifest and its theme from the resources so even if the voip code is still in there, it's not possible. Also, native library fb-webrtc-jni that is needed to make calls was removed. Earlier I tried to add it from Messenger's apk and hack the code to be able to start a call. It was ringing out, but the conversation could not be started because the in-call UI theme was not present and the app crashed immediately.

I plan to add Messenger thread list feature at the weekend or next week but I already wrote that it will not work on all devices.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PATCHED APK'S HERE - by @wolfballz

What to do if you don't want to use Messenger, rather to send messages from the Facebook app itself?

a) If you'd like to use the voip function, use 55.0.0.18.66 patched.
    Do NOT use the unpatched app with Messenger 1.0 because it won't let you see your messages, instead it will ask you to update Facebook.

b) If you don't care about voip calls, but need Facebook's new features and a rich messaging interface like in Messenger, use either 85.0.0.0.18 patched or 78.0.0.16.67 patched (both for ARM only).
    It also offers some extra features that the APK patched with 2.9 doesn't have:
    ● Version modified to 999 so the app won't ask you to update.
    ● Fixed crash when opening gallery from composer.
    ● No duplicate emoji buttons in composer.
    ● Bubble style delivery state icons like in Messenger.
    ● Blue title bar to fit FB's design (v85 only).

c) If you'd like to stay up-to-date, you can always patch the latest version using Facebook Patcher 100+. The latest version where message notifications work is 106.0.0.26.68. Note that you'll only see the mobile messaging site in the in-app browser on the latest versions!
    106.0.0.26.68 patched for ARM devices (51.9 MB)
    106.0.0.26.68 patched for x86 devices (54.8 MB)

FEATURES

● Send messages directly from the main Facebook app without the need to install Messenger.
    ● Send emojis and stickers.
    [The following features aren't offered by Facebook Patcher 100+, just by FBPatcher 2.9 up to version 85.0.0.0.18]
    ● Use QuickCam to capture & send images and short videos instantly.
    ● Edit images and videos before sending them.
    ● Share images from conversations to Facebook.
    ● Send hot likes, audio clips, events and locations.
    ● See cool snow fall and floating hearts when sending the appropriate emojis.
    ● Play Messenger's basketball and soccer game (unfortunately, without score submission).
    [The following features are only applicable to Facebook Patcher 100+]
    ● No matter what variant you download, the patched APK will be a 4.0.3+ one.
    ● Removes lots of junk from the APK and compresses it --> much smaller app size!

USAGE

0. Install the latest Java runtime if you don't have it yet.
    1. Download a Facebook APK from apkmirror.
    2. Download the patcher (from V100, use Facebook Patcher 100+), start it with double click and follow the instructions.
    3. Uninstall the official Facebook app.
    4. Copy the patched apk to your device, install and enjoy!

TROUBLESHOOTING

Can't start the patcher
    Firstly, update to the latest Java -- the patcher requires version 1.8 at least. If you can't start it with double click on Windows, you should associate jar files with 'javaw.exe' (NOT 'java.exe' as it won't work). It's in the bin folder of your Java installation (typically 'Program Files\Java\jre*').
    On Linux/Mac, you should use 'chmod +x' on the jar file before the first run to get execution permission. Google it if you're not familiar with that command.

Got an error while patching
    ● Most likely: Facebook changed something in the code, please wait for patcher update.
    ● Very unlikely: you don't have enough space (<100MB) for the patcher's temporary files.
    ● Very unlikely: APK file is corrupted, try to download it again.
    If nothing helps, post a log or screenshot here.

Can't install patched APK
    ● You have the official Facebook app installed, you should uninstall it first.
    ● You have it preinstalled (flashed on 'system') -- you can only get rid of it with root, sorry, not my fault.
    ● You're trying to install a 4.0.3+ variant over a 5.0+ one and vice versa, uninstall the app first.
    ● You're trying to install a 5.0+ variant on a pre-Lollipop system, try patching & installing a 4.0.3+ variant.

Patched app quits on start
    ● If you've just updated to a patched alpha, you may have to clear app data before first start. Some alphas may get in an infinite loop on start if old app data is present. This is not the patcher's fault, the original app also has this issue.
    ● It's very likely that you've downloaded an APK built for an architecture that's different from your device's one. For example, you have an x86 device and installed an ARM APK that won't work. Since x86 mobile devices are rather rare, you could hardly find any x86 APK's. To obtain one for your device, you should install it from Google Play and save the APK with a backup application or Total Commander. Then you can pull it to your PC and patch it. Don't forget to uninstall the original app before trying to install the patched one!

KNOWN ISSUES

These issues are known and can't/won't be fixed.
    ● On some versions prior to 75.0.0.23.69 the app crashes when scrolling down 20 messages in thread list, this is not the patcher's fault, use a later version to avoid this bug (85.0.0.0.18 is recommended).
    ● Back and info buttons on title bar, GIF and Payment buttons don't do anything.
    ● On Android 6.0+, clicking the blue button in the Messenger permission request window causes a crash. Grant the permissions for the app from Settings/Apps.
    ● Your basketball and soccer score won't be submitted to the thread.
    ● From v107, message notifications don't work because Facebook messed up something - use v106 stable instead.

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

Q: What does it do to the Facebook app?
    A: FBPatcher is a desktop Java application that needs a Facebook APK file as input and will provide you a patched APK as output, with Messenger functionality. It only does minimalistic (but yet not trivial) modifications to some classes and the manifest, new code isn't inserted into the app -- the Messenger window with all of its resources and code is in the original APK, this patcher just makes it accessible.

Q: Will the patched app be updated via Play Store?
    A: No, you should always download, patch and install the latest version manually to be up-to-date.

Q: Is there any way to make VoIP calls working?
    A: From V56, no. Use 55.0.0.18.66 if you need free calls.

DESCRIPTION

Operations performed by the patcher
    ● Extracts manifest and dex files.
    ● Finds patchable classes in the dex files by searching for patterns that identify those classes.
    ● Disassembles dex files that contain patchable code, automatically modifies the classes and reassembles the files.
    ● Patches the manifest to remove FB specific permissions and modify the Messenger window's theme.
    ● [100+ only] Reduces app size by removing unused files.
    ● Updates the APK with the patched files and signs it.

List of patched stuff
    AndroidManifest.xml -- modifies ThreadViewActivity's theme and removes FB specific permissions to allow other FB apps to be installed, also adds CreateThreadActivity again.
    ForceMessenger -- enables in-app messaging.
    [The following classes don't exist from a specific version / aren't touched by Facebook Patcher 100+]
    MessengerMSiteUriIntentBuilder -- creates entry points for Messenger code instead of mobile messaging site, also enables some features.
    DiodeMessengerActivity -- replaces the 'Install Messenger' Fragment with Messenger thread list.
    ThreadListFragment -- defines an on-click event for thread list items (ThreadViewActivity will be opened with the selected thread / mobile site will show up when tapping message request).
    FacebookActivityDelegate(Impl) -- crash fix for ThreadViewActivity.
    MuteThreadWarningNotification -- crash fix for ThreadViewActivity.
    BballView(.3) -- crash fix for basketball game.
    SoccerFeedbackEmojisView -- crash fix for soccer game.
    MessagesVideoConfigModule -- Enables gallery video sending/transcoding.
    InboxFilterManager.NoSaveStateBehavior -- was missing, added again
    TwoLineComposerView -- remove Payment button action
    ThreadListContextMenuHelper -- remove 'Mute thread' option

Included third party libs
    XZ for Java by Tukaani
    smali/baksmali by JesusFreke
    SignApk (part of AOSP)
    Click to see licenses.

Licensing of XZ for Java

All the files in this package have been written by Lasse Collin and/or Igor Pavlov. All these files have been put into the public domain. You can do whatever you want with these files.

This software is provided "as is", without any warranty.

Licensing of smali/baksmali

[The "BSD licence"]
    Copyright (c) 2010 Ben Gruver (JesusFreke)
    All rights reserved.

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
    1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
    2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in thedocumentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
    3. The name of the author may not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR "AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

Licensing of SignApk

Copyright (C) 2007 The Android Open Source Project

Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
    you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
    You may obtain a copy of the License at

http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
    See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.

FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY -- If you place a file called 'fbpatcher.dev' next to the FBP100+ jar file, containing the following text: 'I want my intern settings menu!', internal settings will be enabled in the Facebook app.

Free of Facebook code.

WHAT'S NEW

Version 2.9, 07-21-2016
    ● Support for latest versions (web view messaging only)

Version 2.8, 07-06-2016
    ● Fixed crashing new message option (mobile site fallback)
    ● Patchability check (does not proceed if Messenger code is missing)

Version 2.7, 06-25-2016
    ● Support for message requests

Version 2.6, 06-17-2016
    ● Fixed new message option for 83.0.0.0.39

Version 2.5, 06-16-2016
    ● OS native look and feel with support for high DPI displays
    ● Sticker search feature
    ● Fixed new soccer game
    ● Removed crashing options (mute thread & payment)

Version 2.4, 06-08-2016
    ● Same as 2.3 but has a GUI
    ● Reduced size (425KB)

Version 2.3, 06-04-2016
    ● Support for latest versions (tested up to 81.0.0.0.49 alpha)
    ● Reduced size thanks to proguard

Version 2.2, 06-01-2016
    ● Support for latest versions (tested up to 81.0.0.0.20 alpha)
    ● Removed aapt without losing backwards compatibility

Version 2.1, 05-30-2016
    ● Support for latest versions (tested up to 80.0.0.0.44 alpha)
    ● Much faster patching (dex files are assembled in memory)

Version 2.0, 05-26-2016
    ● 'New message' function: tap [<-] button on title bar in thread list

Version 1.9, 05-25-2016
    ● Support for latest versions (tested up to 80.0.0.0.18 alpha)
    ● Resource name obfuscation resistance

Version 1.8, 05-21-2016
    ● Bugfixes for latest stable and beta versions

Version 1.7, 05-21-2016

Version 1.6, 05-20-2016
    ● Basketball game re-fix
    ● APK verification

Version 1.5, 05-07-2016
    ● Better logging and error handling
    ● Other Facebook apps can now be installed
    ● Backwards compatibility down to V59

Version 1.4, 05-04-2016
    ● Video sending from gallery
    ● Inline video playback
    ● Floating hearts
    ● Linux aapt permission fix

Version 1.3, 05-01-2016
    ● Easy starter batch file included for Windows users
    ● Reduced size
    ● No more separate 'tools' directory, everything is within 'fbpatcher.jar'
    ● More readable and structured command line output
    ● Error codes

Version 1.2, 04-30-2016
    ● Apktool/smali logging
    ● Safety cleanup on start
    ● Support for latest versions (tested up to 76.0.0.0.49 alpha)
    ● Messenger thread list instead of mobile site
    ● QuickCam video sending
    ● Basketball game fix

Version 1.1, 04-27-2016
    ● Support for latest versions (tested with 73.0.0.18.66 stable and 76.0.0.0.19 alpha)

If you like FBPatcher, you can support its development, or simply click Thanks or share this thread on social media sites.
    New version is out, probably the last one.
    I fixed the crashing new message option, it will now take you to the mobile site in the in-app browser where you can select the recipients and compose your new message.
    Also added a patchability check method that doesn't allow the patcher to proceed if Messenger code is missing and warns the user about that.

Next stable release starting with 84.0.0 will hopefully work but that's it. It was a pleasure to develop this tool and help thousands of Facebook users to avoid using Messenger. Thanks for all your support. :)
    Instructions

To keep all discussion on this thread I'm coping my reply here as well. ;)
    How do I do that?
    2. Run the patcher: java -jar fbpatcher.jar <input_apk> <output_apk>

Here is step by step instructions i followed to get it work on windows ( i think linux users knows how to do this simple things :p )

this guide was written for earlier version of patcher, but @lorantm is providing much easier automated patcher version now (from v1.3+ ) so just follow OP's USAGE GUIDE

still you can go through my guide for some deeper details and reference ;) it wouldn't hurt and you will learn some history of patcher !

1. you need JAVA installed in PC if not install it from here https://java.com/en/download/

2. Download official (Not patched ) apk of latest stable Facebook(for now v76 here ) or as per recommendation of OP according to patcher version.(USE V75+ TO AVOID THE THREAD LIST SCROLL DOWN BUG! )

3. download patcher by @lorantm from OP

4. extract patcher in fbpatcher folder (use extract to fbpatcher/ )

5. put donloaded FB version form 2nd point in this folder and rename it to fb.apk for ease.

6(new). hold Shift and right click on empty space, then select open command prompt here in empty space of your folder that contains fb.apk & fbpatcher.. now No need to copy cmd.exe at that folder...this method will open your system inbuild cmd so skip directly to Point 9

8. now your folder should look like this
    attachment.php

9. open cmd.exe and write java -jar fbpatcher.jar fb.apk fbpatched.apk (mind on spaces... see below pic for clarity )

10. wait for 5-10 min and let patcher do its job you will get fbpatched.apk as patched file.

attachment.php

Install & enjoy :D :p
    2.4 is out (same as 2.3 but with a GUI and half the size)

screenshot.png

2nd step is optional, output apk path is automatically generated like this: 'fb_apk_name.apk' -> 'fb_apk_name-patched.apk'
    Version 1.6, 05-20-2016
    ● Basketball game re-fix
    ● APK verification

UPDATE: Version 1.7, 05-21-2016
    [actually it was just a quick fix :)]

See OP!