[APP][4.0+][v0.5.67] DonkeyGuard - Security Management

Search This thread

CollegeDev

Jun 28, 2012
senzatitolo2rdyP6NH9.jpg

I'm proud to present you DonkeyGuard, the first animal which protects your phone :good:. This application is a mod for the well known XposedFramework and does not work without it (In future it will be using Cydia as framework).

screenshot20140729093144UO8BJ.png
screenshot20140729093210D9G30.png
screenshot20140729093216GY28T.png
screenshot201407290932276TD10.png
screenshot20140729093258VVWU5.png
screenshot20140729093310VT431.png
screenshot201407290933225VFFJ.png

First I want to say thanks to every one which supported me in the past while developing this application, especially @HaSKdX who created the whole theme for my application (more later). Some of you already know me as the "PDroid2.0" guy and I got a lot of messages why I stopped supporting/ developing PDroid at all. This has several reasons and I will explain them later, if anyone wants to know more about this. I started developing this application for round about 3/4 year ago, but I haven't had much time to work on this application. Now it is in a pretty good alpha state where people can test it, so feel free to be the first :)

What is DonkeyGuard?
DonkeyGuard is an app, similar to PDroid2.0, PDroid and other applications which are known at this sector. I developed DonkeyGuard from scratch with all my experience I've made with PDroid. DonkeyGuard allows you a fine-grained tuning of access to your private data. It currently supports 41 restrictions which can be applied for every application. Specifically, it is a Privacy service provider which implements a set of modifications to the Android Framework to allow you to interact with applications which are trying to access your private data.

DonkeyGuard allows blocking access for any installed application on your phone to the following data separately:
  • device_id
  • phone_number
  • sim_serial_number
  • subscriber_id
  • incoming_call_number
  • outgoing_call_number
  • gps_and_network_location
  • impi_impu
  • cell_info
  • accounts
  • accounts_credentials
  • read_contacts
  • read_call_log
  • call_phone
  • read_calendar
  • receive_sms
  • send_sms
  • receive_mms
  • send_mms - not implemented in alpha
  • record_audio
  • use_camera
  • read_bookmarks
  • wifi_info
  • switch_mobile_network_state
  • switch_wifi_state
  • sim_info
  • network_info
  • android_id
  • access_media
  • read_external_storage - not implemented in alpha
  • write_calendar
  • write_call_log
  • write_contacts
  • write_bookmarks
  • write_external_storage - not implemented in alpha
  • account_authenticator
  • read_sms
  • write_sms
  • read_mms
  • write_mms
  • network_state

For several of those permissions, DonkeyGuard gives you the possibility to supply custom or random values (e.g. GPS Location, Device ID, ...).

Installation Instructions
Just follow the steps below:
  1. Download the application
  2. Install it
  3. Activate the application inside the XPosedFramework
  4. Reboot your device
  5. Now you can use DonkeyGuard

If you think that something isn't working as expected, please take the whole log from
the XposedFramework app (and in addition an extract of logcat) and open a new issue
at my GITHUB. In addition you
can post it here too.

Simply use GetLocalization to translate the application. It is the easiest way for me to keep in sync with your work :):good:

Github or within the application.

Please visit my GITHUB-WIKI. There you can find all necessary informations.

• @HaSKdX The person, who created the whole theme for my application:fingers-crossed: We worked a long time together and I want to thank you for all your great work :cowboy:

You can simply download the application from PlayStore and install it. Please note: Before you download/install/use the application, you need to read and accept the EULA. The XposedRepo is currently not supported anymore, just because the application reached the file-size limit.
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT

This copy of DonkeyGuard ("the Software Product") and accompanying documentation is licensed and not sold. This Software Product is protected by copyright laws and treaties, as well as laws and treaties related to other forms of intellectual property. Stefan or its subsidiaries, affiliates, and suppliers (collectively "Stefan") own intellectual property rights in the Software Product. The Licensee's ("you''. or "your") license to download, use, copy, or change the Software Product is subject of these rights and to all the terms and conditions of this End User License Agreement ("Agreement").

Acceptance
YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT BY SELECTING THE "ACCEPT" OPTION AND DOWNLOADING THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT OR BY INSTALLING, USING, OR COPYING THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT. YOU MUST AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT BEFORE YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO DOWNLOAD OR INSTALL THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MUST SELECT "DECLINE" AND YOU MUST NOT INSTALL, USE, OR COPY THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT.

License Grant
This Agreement entitles you to install and use one copy of the Software Product. In addition, you may make one archival copy of the Software Product. The archival copy must be on a storage medium other than a hard drive, and may only be used for the reinstallation of the Software Product. This Agreement does not permit the installation or use of multiples copies of the Software Product, or the installation of the Software Product on more than one computer/Smartphone at any given time, on a system that allows shared used of applications, on a multi-user network, or on any configuration or system of computers/Smartphones that allows multiple users. Multiple copy use or installation is only allowed if you obtain an appropriate licensing agreement for each user and each copy of the Software Product.

Restrictions on Transfer
Without first obtaining the express written consent of Stefan, you may not assign your rights and obligations under this Agreement, or redistribute, encumber, sell, rent, lease, sublicense, or otherwise transfer your rights to the Software Product.

Restrictions on Use
You may not use, copy, or install the Software Product on any system with more than one computer/Smartphone, or permit the use, copying, or installation of the Software Product by more than one user or on more than one computer/Smartphone. If you hold multiple, validly licensed copies, you may not use, copy, or install the Software Product on any system with more than the number of computers/Smartphones permitted by license, or permit the use, copying, or installation by more users, or on more computers/Smartphones than the number permitted by license.

You may not decompile, "reverse-engineer", disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Software Product.

You may not use the database portion of the Software Product in connection with any software other than the Software Product.

Restrictions on Alteration
You may not modify the Software Product or create any derivative work of the Software Product or its accompanying documentation. Derivative works include but are not limited to translations. You may not alter any files or libraries in any portion of the Software Product. You may not reproduce the database portion or create any tables or reports relating to the database portion.

Restrictions on Copying
You may not copy any part of the Software Product except to the extent that licensed use inherently demands the creation of a temporary copy stored in computer/Smartphone memory and not permanently affixed on storage medium. You may make one archival copy which must be stored on a medium other than a computer/Smartphone hard drive.

Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPLICITLY AGREED TO IN WRITING BY STEFAN, STEFAN MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OTHER THAN AS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT OR IN THE LIMITED WARRANTY DOCUMENTS PROVIDED WITH THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT.

Stefan makes not warranty that the Software Product will meet your requirements or operate under your specific conditions of use. Stefan makes no warranty that operation of the Software Product will be secure, error free, or free from interruption. YOU MUST DETERMINE WHETHER THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT SUFFICIENTLY MEETS YOUR REQUIREMENTS FOR SECURITY AND UNINTERRUPTABILITY. YOU BEAR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS INCURRED DUE TO FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT TO MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. STEFAN WILL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR THE LOSS OF DATA ON ANY COMPUTER/SMARTPHONE OR INFORMATION STORAGE DEVICE.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL STEFAN, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS OR LOSS OF BUSINESS) RESULTING FROM THIS AGREEMENT, OR FROM THE FURNISHING, PERFORMANCE, INSTALLATION, OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT, WHETHER DUE TO A BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR THE NEGLIGENCE OF STEFAN OR ANY OTHER PARTY, EVEN IF STEFAN IS ADVISED BEFOREHAND OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TO THE EXTENT THAT THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION LIMITS STEFAN’S ABILITY TO DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THIS DISCLAIMER SHALL BE EFFECTIVE TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED.

Limitation of Remedies and Damages
Your remedy for a breach of this Agreement or of any warranty included in this Agreement is the correction or replacement of the Software Product. Selection of whether to correct or replace shall be solely at the discretion of Stefan. Stefan reserves the right to substitute a functionally equivalent copy of the Software Product as a replacement. If Stefan is unable to provide a replacement or substitute Software Product or corrections to the Software Product, your sole alternate remedy shall be a refund of the purchase price for the Software Product exclusive of any costs for shipping and handling.

Any claim must be made within the applicable warranty period (warranty period:15 minutes after you purchased the Software Product). All warranties cover only defects arising under normal use and do not include malfunctions or failure resulting from misuse, abuse, neglect, alteration, problems with electrical power, acts of nature, unusual temperatures or humidity, improper installation, or damage determined by Stefan to have been caused by you. All limited warranties on the Software Product are granted only to you and are non-transferable. You agree to indemnify and hold Stefan harmless from all claims, judgments, liabilities, expenses, or costs arising from your breach of this Agreement and/or acts or omissions.

Severability
If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent any express or implied restrictions are not permitted by applicable laws, these express or implied restrictions shall remain in force and effect to the maximum extent permitted by such applicable laws.

Attachments

• RescueDonkey.zip
    121.7 KB · Views: 29,293
Last edited:

jrbxx7

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 18, 2011
Interesting. Gotta try this out. Thanks!

Tapped from an annihilated N10.1

CollegeDev

Jun 28, 2012
Good news. Will try.

Many thanks, please report how it works for you :)

An alternative to XPrivacy?

I don't know if I will call it an "alternative". I developed PDroid2.0 before and this application is very similar, but a lot better (than PD2.0) :). So, just try it and then decide if you like to use it or not :)

Will try it :)
I hope it will be better than Xprivacy.

Thanks, please note that this is a first alpha preview of the applications, it will have bugs! Just report how it works :)

Interesting. Gotta try this out. Thanks!

Tapped from an annihilated N10.1

Thanks, also here: Please report how it works for you....

So, this is the first alpha version of DonkeyGuard with only the "basic" functionality. To all my users, testers and whoever is using this application: Please report how it works. Furthermore it is important for me how you "understand" the Graphical-User-Interface. If something is ambiguous, please do not hesitate to ask me.
If you want to report any errors or have feature requests, please visit me on Github and post it there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ms_Julia and jrbxx7

biglsd

Dec 18, 2006
At first run I have "Error: NoSuchServerAvailable".
About UI
In my opinion program is system software and UI must be more informational. In my small 800x480 screen of Galaxy S II I have 2,5 items, which I can configure. Buttons "Logs" "Settings" and "System" are small, but area with program icon and caption is too big. For what are you use transition effects? Your program is serious system software, but not "Angry birds".
Pdroid app was more compact and functional.
Will wait new versions of program and I hope I'll change xprivacy to your new application. As before, I can help you with russian translation.

CollegeDev

Jun 28, 2012
About UI
In my opinion program is system software and UI must be more informational. In my small 800x480 screen of Galaxy S II I have 2,5 items, which I can configure. Buttons "Logs" "Settings" and "System" are small, but area with program icon and caption is too big. For what are you use transition effects? Your program is serious system software, but not "Angry birds".
Will wait new versions of program and I hope I'll change xprivacy to your new application. As before, I can help you with russian translation.

The NoSuchServerAvailable exception will be thrown if the privacy service isn't available. This can only happen if you haven't activated the application inside the XposedFramework or forgot to reboot. The error should drop off after you reboot your device.

Well, I think this is a matter of opinion. You can simply change the transitions to "zoom in" as for example which is better known for a viewpager. It would help me if you can simply post a screenshot :) The application is not ready yet and all additional functionality e.g. search features aren't activated. For me it is important that the "core" (blocking permissions, on-demand-dialog) of DonkeyGuard works as expected :)

Some additional information: You can tap on the alphabetical indicator and then choose a letter (a-z). The app will automatically scroll to the position of your chosen letter.

Related the translation: Of course, I will init github for this :)

Last edited:

biglsd

Dec 18, 2006
>Some additional information: You can tap on the alphabetical indicator and then choose a letter (a-z). The app will automatically scroll to the position of your chosen >letter.
I already checked this function =)

>The NoSuchServerAvailable exception will be thrown if the privacy service isn't available. This can only happen if you haven't activated the application inside the >XposedFramework or forgot to reboot. The error should drop off after you reboot your device.

It hadn't gone away after acouple of reboots.

CollegeDev

Jun 28, 2012
>Some additional information: You can tap on the alphabetical indicator and then choose a letter (a-z). The app will automatically scroll to the position of your chosen >letter.
I already checked this function =)

>The NoSuchServerAvailable exception will be thrown if the privacy service isn't available. This can only happen if you haven't activated the application inside the >XposedFramework or forgot to reboot. The error should drop off after you reboot your device.

It hadn't gone away after acouple of reboots.

Well, then do following:

1) Delete logs inside xposed-framework app
2) Restart device
3) Post the log

Reactions: jrbxx7

biglsd

Dec 18, 2006
----------------
29 июля 2014 г. 17:46:50 UTC
Loading Xposed v54 (for Zygote)...
Running ROM 'cm_i9100-userdebug 4.4.4 KTU84Q 1a50281812 test-keys' with fingerprint 'samsung/GT-I9100/GT-I9100:4.1.2/JZO54K/I9100XWMS2:user/release-keys'
Loading modules from /data/app/eu.donkeyguard-1.apk
Loading class eu.donkeyguard.hooks.MainHook
PowerService ready
PowerService ready
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService#main(int)#exact
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedHelpers.findMethodExact(XposedHelpers.java:179)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedHelpers.findAndHookMethod(XposedHelpers.java:129)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedHelpers.findAndHookMethod(XposedHelpers.java:136)
at eu.donkeyguard.hooks.MainHook.initZygote(SourceFile:64)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.loadModule(XposedBridge.java:437)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.loadModules(XposedBridge.java:386)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.main(XposedBridge.java:120)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Your program log
Stack-Trace:

eu.donkeyguard.server.aj: ISettingsServer is null. IBinder: [NULL]
at eu.donkeyguard.server.h.b(SourceFile:68)
at eu.donkeyguard.gui.activities.MainActivity.onCreate(SourceFile:99)
at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:5231)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1087)
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2169)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2264)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$800(ActivityThread.java:144)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1205)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5139)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:795)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:611)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.main(XposedBridge.java:132)

System-Logs:

null

CollegeDev

Jun 28, 2012
----------------
29 июля 2014 г. 17:46:50 UTC
Running ROM 'cm_i9100-userdebug 4.4.4 KTU84Q 1a50281812 test-keys' with fingerprint 'samsung/GT-I9100/GT-I9100:4.1.2/JZO54K/I9100XWMS2:user/release-keys'
Loading modules from /data/app/eu.donkeyguard-1.apk
Loading class eu.donkeyguard.hooks.MainHook
PowerService ready
PowerService ready
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService#main(int)#exact
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedHelpers.findMethodExact(XposedHelpers.java:179)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedHelpers.findAndHookMethod(XposedHelpers.java:129)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedHelpers.findAndHookMethod(XposedHelpers.java:136)
at eu.donkeyguard.hooks.MainHook.initZygote(SourceFile:64)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.loadModule(XposedBridge.java:437)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.loadModules(XposedBridge.java:386)
at de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge.main(XposedBridge.java:120)

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Your program log
Stack-Trace:

eu.donkeyguard.server.aj: ISettingsServer is null. IBinder: [NULL]
at eu.donkeyguard.gui.activities.MainActivity.onCreate(SourceFile:99)
at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:5231)
at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1087)
at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2169)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2264)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$800(ActivityThread.java:144)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1205)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5139)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:515)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:795)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:611)

System-Logs:

null

Well, I took a look at the wrong repo. Should be fixed now!
Please download the apk again (from op).

Last edited:

biglsd

Dec 18, 2006
For now it works better =)
It would be fine if I can split list by app type (user and system) or apply some filters.

CollegeDev

Jun 28, 2012
For now it works better =)
It would be fine if I can split list by app type (user and system) or apply some filters.

Good to see that the fix is working.
Well, these are features for management and of course really needed! But first I need some more users
who are willing to test the core functionality of the application on different devices. If that works, I will go on
an provide filters, batch operations, backup functionality, location picking, database encryption and so on. But
for now I would like to focus on a bug free core for most of the android devices and ROMs :)
Furthermore: If anything went wrong, please post the log from XposedFramework, that should help me to fix the bug
and open an issue at GITHUB.

Welcome back CollegeDev ;)

Thank you very much! As I said before: I'm (hopefully) back :laugh:
How are you, all fine? Did you test the application?

Reactions: serverless

pulser_g2

Admin Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2009
Of course, but I guess the application is not as demanded as I thought before...

Well, given the modification claims to be a security management system, and has unrestricted access to the device and data through Xposed, perhaps the fact it isn't open source is what's holding it back?

XPrivacy is fully open source, and therefore is able to be scrutinised. You placing an EULA on the program (those are basically unenforceable anyway) might be preventing people from actually deciding if it meets their needs or not?

" You may not decompile, "reverse-engineer", disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Software Product."

If that's the case, and there's no source, how can anyone be sure it works? How can they trust it over an existing open source tool? Perhaps there is more interest in this, but maybe the general trend of distrusting closed source security tools (RSA, Dual-EC-DRBG) is going to hinder uptake?

Teemoo

Mar 21, 2012
Is this a joke thread? Closed source xposed module, and it calls itself a Security Management app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    senzatitolo2rdyP6NH9.jpg

I'm proud to present you DonkeyGuard, the first animal which protects your phone :good:. This application is a mod for the well known XposedFramework and does not work without it (In future it will be using Cydia as framework).

screenshot20140729093144UO8BJ.png
    screenshot20140729093210D9G30.png
    screenshot20140729093216GY28T.png
    screenshot201407290932276TD10.png
    screenshot20140729093258VVWU5.png
    screenshot20140729093310VT431.png
    screenshot201407290933225VFFJ.png

First I want to say thanks to every one which supported me in the past while developing this application, especially @HaSKdX who created the whole theme for my application (more later). Some of you already know me as the "PDroid2.0" guy and I got a lot of messages why I stopped supporting/ developing PDroid at all. This has several reasons and I will explain them later, if anyone wants to know more about this. I started developing this application for round about 3/4 year ago, but I haven't had much time to work on this application. Now it is in a pretty good alpha state where people can test it, so feel free to be the first :)

What is DonkeyGuard?
    DonkeyGuard is an app, similar to PDroid2.0, PDroid and other applications which are known at this sector. I developed DonkeyGuard from scratch with all my experience I've made with PDroid. DonkeyGuard allows you a fine-grained tuning of access to your private data. It currently supports 41 restrictions which can be applied for every application. Specifically, it is a Privacy service provider which implements a set of modifications to the Android Framework to allow you to interact with applications which are trying to access your private data.

DonkeyGuard allows blocking access for any installed application on your phone to the following data separately:
    • device_id
    • phone_number
    • sim_serial_number
    • subscriber_id
    • incoming_call_number
    • outgoing_call_number
    • gps_and_network_location
    • impi_impu
    • cell_info
    • accounts
    • accounts_credentials
    • read_contacts
    • read_call_log
    • call_phone
    • read_calendar
    • receive_sms
    • send_sms
    • receive_mms
    • send_mms - not implemented in alpha
    • record_audio
    • use_camera
    • read_bookmarks
    • wifi_info
    • switch_mobile_network_state
    • switch_wifi_state
    • sim_info
    • network_info
    • android_id
    • access_media
    • read_external_storage - not implemented in alpha
    • write_calendar
    • write_call_log
    • write_contacts
    • write_bookmarks
    • write_external_storage - not implemented in alpha
    • account_authenticator
    • read_sms
    • write_sms
    • read_mms
    • write_mms
    • network_state

For several of those permissions, DonkeyGuard gives you the possibility to supply custom or random values (e.g. GPS Location, Device ID, ...).

Installation Instructions
    Just follow the steps below:
    1. Download the application
    2. Install it
    3. Activate the application inside the XPosedFramework
    4. Reboot your device
    5. Now you can use DonkeyGuard

If you think that something isn't working as expected, please take the whole log from
    the XposedFramework app (and in addition an extract of logcat) and open a new issue
    at my GITHUB. In addition you
    can post it here too.

Simply use GetLocalization to translate the application. It is the easiest way for me to keep in sync with your work :):good:

Github or within the application.

Please visit my GITHUB-WIKI. There you can find all necessary informations.

• @HaSKdX The person, who created the whole theme for my application:fingers-crossed: We worked a long time together and I want to thank you for all your great work :cowboy:

You can simply download the application from PlayStore and install it. Please note: Before you download/install/use the application, you need to read and accept the EULA. The XposedRepo is currently not supported anymore, just because the application reached the file-size limit.
    END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT

This copy of DonkeyGuard ("the Software Product") and accompanying documentation is licensed and not sold. This Software Product is protected by copyright laws and treaties, as well as laws and treaties related to other forms of intellectual property. Stefan or its subsidiaries, affiliates, and suppliers (collectively "Stefan") own intellectual property rights in the Software Product. The Licensee's ("you''. or "your") license to download, use, copy, or change the Software Product is subject of these rights and to all the terms and conditions of this End User License Agreement ("Agreement").

Acceptance
    YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT BY SELECTING THE "ACCEPT" OPTION AND DOWNLOADING THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT OR BY INSTALLING, USING, OR COPYING THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT. YOU MUST AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT BEFORE YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO DOWNLOAD OR INSTALL THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MUST SELECT "DECLINE" AND YOU MUST NOT INSTALL, USE, OR COPY THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT.

License Grant
    This Agreement entitles you to install and use one copy of the Software Product. In addition, you may make one archival copy of the Software Product. The archival copy must be on a storage medium other than a hard drive, and may only be used for the reinstallation of the Software Product. This Agreement does not permit the installation or use of multiples copies of the Software Product, or the installation of the Software Product on more than one computer/Smartphone at any given time, on a system that allows shared used of applications, on a multi-user network, or on any configuration or system of computers/Smartphones that allows multiple users. Multiple copy use or installation is only allowed if you obtain an appropriate licensing agreement for each user and each copy of the Software Product.

Restrictions on Transfer
    Without first obtaining the express written consent of Stefan, you may not assign your rights and obligations under this Agreement, or redistribute, encumber, sell, rent, lease, sublicense, or otherwise transfer your rights to the Software Product.

Restrictions on Use
    You may not use, copy, or install the Software Product on any system with more than one computer/Smartphone, or permit the use, copying, or installation of the Software Product by more than one user or on more than one computer/Smartphone. If you hold multiple, validly licensed copies, you may not use, copy, or install the Software Product on any system with more than the number of computers/Smartphones permitted by license, or permit the use, copying, or installation by more users, or on more computers/Smartphones than the number permitted by license.

You may not decompile, "reverse-engineer", disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Software Product.

You may not use the database portion of the Software Product in connection with any software other than the Software Product.

Restrictions on Alteration
    You may not modify the Software Product or create any derivative work of the Software Product or its accompanying documentation. Derivative works include but are not limited to translations. You may not alter any files or libraries in any portion of the Software Product. You may not reproduce the database portion or create any tables or reports relating to the database portion.

Restrictions on Copying
    You may not copy any part of the Software Product except to the extent that licensed use inherently demands the creation of a temporary copy stored in computer/Smartphone memory and not permanently affixed on storage medium. You may make one archival copy which must be stored on a medium other than a computer/Smartphone hard drive.

Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
    UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPLICITLY AGREED TO IN WRITING BY STEFAN, STEFAN MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OTHER THAN AS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT OR IN THE LIMITED WARRANTY DOCUMENTS PROVIDED WITH THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT.

Stefan makes not warranty that the Software Product will meet your requirements or operate under your specific conditions of use. Stefan makes no warranty that operation of the Software Product will be secure, error free, or free from interruption. YOU MUST DETERMINE WHETHER THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT SUFFICIENTLY MEETS YOUR REQUIREMENTS FOR SECURITY AND UNINTERRUPTABILITY. YOU BEAR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS INCURRED DUE TO FAILURE OF THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT TO MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. STEFAN WILL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR THE LOSS OF DATA ON ANY COMPUTER/SMARTPHONE OR INFORMATION STORAGE DEVICE.
    UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL STEFAN, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS OR LOSS OF BUSINESS) RESULTING FROM THIS AGREEMENT, OR FROM THE FURNISHING, PERFORMANCE, INSTALLATION, OR USE OF THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT, WHETHER DUE TO A BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR THE NEGLIGENCE OF STEFAN OR ANY OTHER PARTY, EVEN IF STEFAN IS ADVISED BEFOREHAND OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TO THE EXTENT THAT THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION LIMITS STEFAN’S ABILITY TO DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THIS DISCLAIMER SHALL BE EFFECTIVE TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED.

Limitation of Remedies and Damages
    Your remedy for a breach of this Agreement or of any warranty included in this Agreement is the correction or replacement of the Software Product. Selection of whether to correct or replace shall be solely at the discretion of Stefan. Stefan reserves the right to substitute a functionally equivalent copy of the Software Product as a replacement. If Stefan is unable to provide a replacement or substitute Software Product or corrections to the Software Product, your sole alternate remedy shall be a refund of the purchase price for the Software Product exclusive of any costs for shipping and handling.

Any claim must be made within the applicable warranty period (warranty period:15 minutes after you purchased the Software Product). All warranties cover only defects arising under normal use and do not include malfunctions or failure resulting from misuse, abuse, neglect, alteration, problems with electrical power, acts of nature, unusual temperatures or humidity, improper installation, or damage determined by Stefan to have been caused by you. All limited warranties on the Software Product are granted only to you and are non-transferable. You agree to indemnify and hold Stefan harmless from all claims, judgments, liabilities, expenses, or costs arising from your breach of this Agreement and/or acts or omissions.

Severability
    If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent any express or implied restrictions are not permitted by applicable laws, these express or implied restrictions shall remain in force and effect to the maximum extent permitted by such applicable laws.
    Of course, but I guess the application is not as demanded as I thought before...

Well, given the modification claims to be a security management system, and has unrestricted access to the device and data through Xposed, perhaps the fact it isn't open source is what's holding it back?

XPrivacy is fully open source, and therefore is able to be scrutinised. You placing an EULA on the program (those are basically unenforceable anyway) might be preventing people from actually deciding if it meets their needs or not?

" You may not decompile, "reverse-engineer", disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Software Product."

If that's the case, and there's no source, how can anyone be sure it works? How can they trust it over an existing open source tool? Perhaps there is more interest in this, but maybe the general trend of distrusting closed source security tools (RSA, Dual-EC-DRBG) is going to hinder uptake?
    Hi Collegedev. Good to see you back with another privacy solution. As an old PDroid user i heard some stuff about the discontinuation but never found anything official. Could you tell me about it or link to, pm if you prefer. I'm using another app now but still want to support you for PDroid/PDroid2.0 by helping you to get that special pizza ;) I thought i read something like a pick and pay thing? if not the donate button will also work, I probably cant have these two apps installed at same time anyway.

Hey Kaizokan,
    yes, PDroid is discontinued and not supported anymore, because of the complexity to support multiple devices/roms/architectures. Since hooking frameworks for android exist, it is a lot easier to develop such applications. I also think about releasing the code for this application to get more help from people who would like to contribute, because my spare time becoming less...

I am to based archi 1.7.18 android 4.3 . Gt i9300.
    If I activate donkey guard in xposed my messages get messed up. I can't read any of my incoming messages. All my new messages come as blank text from "0".
    Anyone else facing the same problem???

You probably restricted the "receive sms" for the telephone application or messaging application. Please reset it and then it should work.

-----------------
    2014-12-25 上午9:12:02 UTC
    Running ROM 'ALPS.JB5.MP.V1.6' with fingerprint 'vivo/bbk82_wet_jb5/bbk82_wet_jb5:4.2.2/JDQ39/:user/test-keys'
    Loading modules from /mnt/asec/com.oasisfeng.greenify-2/pkg.apk
    File does not exist
    Loading modules from /mnt/asec/eu.donkeyguard-2/pkg.apk
    File does not exist

Please make sure you installed DG and also greenify correctly.

Well done Collegedev on another great privacy app.
    Installed DG on my Z1compact today and it's working well so far. No errors or problems ::thumbup

I can't believe that the install zip has been downloaded 1700 times but only 50 people could be bothered to press the thanks button.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you for your comment, it helps me keeping up the work on DonkeyGuard.
    DG has a lot more users than 1700 :) I believe most of them "just" use it...

Hi, I am interested in a few features for donkey guard and i'm willing to donate for these features

The features are;

read local wifi location, and local cell from a kml or csv file in relation to gps location, input into a program, such as ingress.

slight variation and pathing would be awesome!

it would be very convenient to use the recorded data from wigle wifi app but unnecessary as loading from a csv or kml is easier.

please pm me if your interested.
    I do not know a respectable value for this work

First goal is to port DG to Lollipop. After that please get in touch with me personally.

well now xposed is supported

But only in alpha phase. I started porting DG to lollipop and getting a lot of errors. I guess Xposed needs some more time to get stable. Furthermore I detected several bugs (?) which I need to report...

First of all, thanks CollegeDev for the app. I installed xposed on Lollipop and downloaded DG from google play, it is crashing on launch and I submitted the report. I understand that xposed has just been made available for lollipop but do you have a rough idea when you will fix DG to work on xposed for lollipop? Many thanks! It's a shame that only 53 people pressed Thanks, this app is really useful. I was using openpdroid which I believe is based on your app, but the developer stopped supporting it. I'm very happy to see that you got back to making a nice privacy app.

Thank you for your comment. I started porting DG to lollipop yesterday. Some parts of the code won't work, especially it seems to be that some methods won't get hooked which is most likely a problem of Xposed. I will report this bugs and hopefully the developer of Xposed will get rid of it or tells me that it is my fault :D.

hey guyz...
    plz tell me..how to remove those "AUTO INSTRUCTIONS"....

whenever i open doneky guard ....INSTRUCTIONS come again n again....its annoying...

for the first time use..its gud...but...m using it since 4 months...still...whenever i open... i hav to follow the instructions ...

plz any1 tell me..how to remove that one..or atlease..how to block it ....

n XPIRACY IS BETTER THAN DONEKY GUARD.....if any1 used xpiracy plz tell :)
    Here your answer from user Nausad:

after opening donkey swipe it Left to right. You can see the UI instructor ticked. Untick that then it will not show the instruction again. :)

You guys are right, I also asked the developer few months ago if he is gonna release the source code... but I guess he has his reasons. Anyway, it's not a problem, since DonkeGuard has very few permissions, and you can always restrict it's web access via your favorite firewall... DroidWall, FireWall Plus etc.

I'm using DG alongside with a firewall, because DG can't block web access without Cydia, and Cydia for android is lame, so Firewall is always recommended and simple to use, after all, you can't trust one app for permissions and also for web access, just like on PC, stand alone firewall is better than a security bundle with AV :p:D

And as for DG on Lollipop - I also wonder when the developer will release updated version, All my xposed modules are fine on 5.0.2 except DG :(

Regarding lollipop, please read few answers above :)

Hi,

I installed xpose framework in my bluestack and after that installed DonkeyGaurd and activated it from xpose. But now when I'm opening it is not working, giving error:

Stack-Trace:

App Version: 0.5.67

eu.donkeyguard.server.ak: ISettingsServer is null. IBinder: [NULL]
    at eu.donkeyguard.c.a.b(SourceFile:235)
    at eu.donkeyguard.gui.k.a.onSharedPreferenceChanged(SourceFile:225)
    at eu.donkeyguard.gui.k.a.onCreate(SourceFile:71)
    at android.support.v4.app.Fragment.performCreate(SourceFile:1481)
    at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(SourceFile:908)
    at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.moveToState(SourceFile:1121)
    at android.support.v4.app.BackStackRecord.run(SourceFile:682)
    at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.execPendingActions(SourceFile:1484)
    at android.support.v4.app.FragmentManagerImpl.executePendingTransactions(SourceFile:482)
    at android.support.v4.app.FragmentStatePagerAdapter.finishUpdate(SourceFile:163)
    at android.support.v4.view.ViewPager.populate(SourceFile:1073)
    at android.support.v4.view.ViewPager.populate(SourceFile:919)
    at android.support.v4.view.ViewPager.onMeasure(SourceFile:1441)
    at android.view.View.measure(View.java:12723)
    at android.widget.RelativeLayout.measureChildHorizontal(RelativeLayout.java:594)
    at android.widget.RelativeLayout.onMeasure(RelativeLayout.java:376)
    at android.view.ViewGroup.measureChildWithMargins(ViewGroup.java:4698)
    at android.widget.FrameLayout.onMeasure(FrameLayout.java:293)
    at com.jeremyfeinstein.slidingmenu.lib.CustomViewAbove.onMeasure(SourceFile:456)
    at android.widget.RelativeLayout.measureChildHorizontal(RelativeLayout.java:594)
    at android.widget.RelativeLayout.onMeasure(RelativeLayout.java:376)
    at com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindow$DecorView.onMeasure(PhoneWindow.java:2092)
    at android.view.ViewRootImpl.performTraversals(ViewRootImpl.java:1064)
    at android.view.ViewRootImpl.handleMessage(ViewRootImpl.java:2442)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4424)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:825)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:592)

System-Logs:

null

what to do??

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

after opening donkey swipe it Left to right. You can see the UI instructor ticked. Untick that then it will not show the instruction again. :)

Same like your pm you wrote me, please check your inbox.
    About UI

The NoSuchServerAvailable exception will be thrown if the privacy service isn't available. This can only happen if you haven't activated the application inside the XposedFramework or forgot to reboot. The error should drop off after you reboot your device.

Well, I think this is a matter of opinion. You can simply change the transitions to "zoom in" as for example which is better known for a viewpager. It would help me if you can simply post a screenshot :) The application is not ready yet and all additional functionality e.g. search features aren't activated. For me it is important that the "core" (blocking permissions, on-demand-dialog) of DonkeyGuard works as expected :)

Some additional information: You can tap on the alphabetical indicator and then choose a letter (a-z). The app will automatically scroll to the position of your chosen letter.

Related the translation: Of course, I will init github for this :)