Voicemail issue on Android…

Search This thread

mediawiz

Mar 13, 2010
SF bay area
Back on the days before I had an Android phone (ie: Blackberry, Windows Phone, flip-phone, … ) if I got a voicemail I could play it and it would get flagged as READ, and I would not continue to get notified about that voicemail (that I have new voicemail).

Note that after having played a voicemail I sometimes wish to save it so that I can't listen to it again at a later date.

Ever since I got an Android phone, if I get a voicemail, I will continue to get notifications about that voicemail, even if I have played it, until I delete it.

Anyone know how to get the notifications about old voicemails to stop ???

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Back on the days before I had an Android phone (ie: Blackberry, Windows Phone, flip-phone, … ) if I got a voicemail I could play it and it would get flagged as READ, and I would not continue to get notified about that voicemail (that I have new voicemail).

Note that after having played a voicemail I sometimes wish to save it so that I can't listen to it again at a later date.

Ever since I got an Android phone, if I get a voicemail, I will continue to get notifications about that voicemail, even if I have played it, until I delete it.

Anyone know how to get the notifications about old voicemails to stop ???

I don't seem to have this issue. I have a few that I have kept and only get a notification if there are any unheard.

Bat cave One