System Format, No OS, No Backup, S-ON

Search This thread

09eric09

Jun 24, 2014
What are my options? I have the latest version of TWRP. I have tried flashing multiple roms but I always get the "Error executing updater binary in zip" message.

G

GuestK0087

I tried the Sense 5.5, and CM 11, but I just get that error message.

You are old partition. You can only flash ROMs built for that. Also, you are S-on, so if the ROM you're trying to flash is not sense based with a kernel installer, you will have to extract the boot img and flash via fastboot or flash img GUI or flashify. Otherwise, relock your bootloader, run the .4 RUU and reobtain root and reinstall custom recovery and get S-off to flash new partition ROMs.

Edit:
Consider getting S-off first. Makes life easier.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

09eric09

Jun 24, 2014
You are old partition. You can only flash ROMs built for that. Also, you are S-on, so if the ROM you're trying to flash is not sense based with a kernel installer, you will have to extract the boot img and flash via fastboot or flash img GUI or flashify. Otherwise, relock your bootloader, run the .4 RUU and reobtain root and reinstall custom recovery and get S-off to flash new partition ROMs.

Edit:

Yea, I was going to try getting S-off first. I just don't know how that would go without an OS. I also extracted the boot img, and it still didn't work. Where would I find the RUU? Is it that shipped-roms website?

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Hit the top link in my sig and scroll to the bottom of the first post. There are links there for all applicable RUU's for the EVO LTE.

Sent from my HTC device

Last edited:
Reactions: 09eric09

09eric09

Jun 24, 2014

Edit:

Just for future reference, is there a guide that shows me how to update partition?

G

GuestK0087

Just for future reference, is there a guide that shows me how to update partition?

Just download the .4 RUU to a (preferably Windows 7) PC and make sure you have all updated drivers installed (may require latest HTC sync manager). Connect your phone via USB and double click the exe file and follow onscreen instructions. Some more info here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2653730

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hit the top link in my sig and scroll to the bottom of the first post. There are links there for all applicable RUU's for the EVO LTE.

Sent from my HTC device