Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

daniel_hk

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2
cropped-omnirom_logo_layout.png

This is a homemake(omni's term) build of the open ROM Omni4.4 for our Samsung GalaxyTab 7.7.
Although some features proposed(eg. Multiwindow) are not yet implement, it is worth trying and we are very lucky to follow this main stream! ;)

Release notes:
2014/10/24
This is the final release. Omni has no more update now. In this build, I put the updated Mali r3p2-01rel4 driver in the kernel. Sadly, the latest user space driver (USD) available is r3p2-01rel3 (API 23). I trick the driver by lowering the kernel API to 23 (from 26) and luckily it works! We are the first device to have r3p2-01rel4! :cowboy:
Many developers were stopped by the properitry USD. The opensource solution Lima also stopped last year. :( I will try the USD from Mali-450 later but it's a long shot.
The latest Bluez has the "can't turned off" issue. I used the bluez 5.25 instead. This time, the sco and aptx modules are included but I don't have those Bluetooth devices to test.
So this is my last Kitkat. Next year will be the L's days. *** Happy New Year! ***:D

2014/10/24
Android L is coming. This might be the last update for Omni. :( goo.im don't like me. Not even a single file finished overnight... Try AFH first.

2014/8/29
Repack View attachment omni-exfet-fix2.zip :D

2014/8/28
I'm not a fan of exFat and I don't have problem reading exFat formatted in PC. As some repeatedly report on failing to access exFat, I think there are variants. I use the old source to build a patch which is recovery flashable.
View attachment omni-exfet-fix.zip
For those who can't access exFat, please test and report. Good luck! ;)
 History

2014/8/24
I rewrote the GPU settings this week. To improve stability, Vpll settings is now commited after reboot. The default is now return to the stock values. Hoping no more compliant (mostly from p6200) now. Omni still on 4.4.4r1 code but I update all the AOSP project to 4.4.4r2. And lastly, the front camera in i815 is fixed. Cheers! ;)

2014/7/21
Omni 4.4.4 still use the 4.4.4r1 tree. I worked on the kernel again to improve performance. GPU is boost to 400Mhz which increase Antutu score by 2k+. zRAM support and KSM upgrade are also included. :D
It's time to work on i815 mobile data...

2014/6/7
Omni is the first few release 4.4.3r1.1. Customer IR driver is added. i815 and some p68x0 can enjoy all the IR remote apps now. Major update from Bluez also included. Not much progress but 4.4.3r1.1 is definitely a hit. Cheers! ;)

2014/5/3
Trying a few settings in Linaro, including O3 optimization. No apparent different... May be the blobs are bottlenecks. Switch back to original toolchain. In this build, charging animation is fixed, Lockscreen rotation is fixed and bluetooth update from Bluez. I haven't encounter DSP manager crash. Don't know if it is fixed.:laugh:

2014/4/12
This build included all the fixes in my cm11 and so as the only minor issue...I built this with the Linaro toolchain 4.7.4 for both kernel and platform. Tested it for a few hours and no observable bug with Linaro. I'll let you guys to see if there are any performance difference and issues with Linaro. ;)

2014/3/30
No progress on the rotation issue. Tracing through the kernel, driver and frameworks. Lots of changes since 4.4... :cyclops:
There are some major updates in Omni and it's been too long for an update. Wifi-tethering is working now. Some patch to the wifi driver. Hoping to make it more stable. Top mic is enabled in the driver now. Hoping better quality during calls.
New library for i815, see if mobile data would be working now. i815 owners Please report. Doesn't work... ::(

2014/3/9
Play with a few more ROMs (pac, carbon, AOSB, etc.) this weekend. I might start a thread for experiment rom for those flashing maniacs.
It's been too long for an Omni update. There are some cool Quick Settings features which are unique to Omni. In the last two builds, I had to disable some of them to avoid SystemUI from crash. I finally pull everything together this weekend. We are having full features of Omni now!
Recent menu and screenshots are free from glitches now. Rotation glitches are still there... Some fixes in bluetooth. Hoping it is more stable.
For some unknow reason, pa_gapp-micro causes crash in some system app. eg. SystemUI.
Don't flash pa_gapps-micro to this Omni. Others pa_gapps are OK.

2014/2/9
It was a productive week. I finally port bluez5 to Android 4.4! Although only pairing and file transfer is working, it is a hugh step for us. bluez.org team is working on other services now. Very happy that we are the first device having bluetooth working without bluedroid! Cheers! :highfive:
It's sad that CM11 needs extra care so it's Omni again. In this build, GPS is fixed. Omni can merge su to settings menu now so default superuser is removed. One step closer to Official Omni. ;)
** The mirror on Mega is discontinued. **

2014/1/24
Finally back to the roms after a busy week! Everything seems quite smooth. Mange to make the new multi-window to work. I also fixed a bug in the wifi driver. Hoping no more ON/OFF now. OmniTorch is fixed and quick fixes on Camera for video recording.
As BeanStalk had make wifi tethering working, it motivated me to take a look. It was not that hard as I thought. Wifi tethering and WiFi direct is working now. Two less items in the do list. Bluetooth would be the final large piece of pizzle. Cheers! ;)

2014/1/17 -- Seems the multi-window patch casue some systemUI crash. Please wait for a while.
Just return from a trip. Omni is now Android 4.4.2. Sim card will take a while to be recognized after reboot (upto a few min.). I don't have problem in WiFi since the last release but I change a few things in WiFi. Factory reset is essential. In case of repeated ON/OFF, you may try turning off the Wifi optimization in the advace menu. If not working, only a factory reset can help. Don't know why yet.
GPS has conflict with telephony. Lock GPS at air-plane mode first if you have trouble with it.
Multi-Window cherry pick not working in new source. Not quite sure why... Don't have much spare time lately but I'll try to keep it up. ;)

2013/12/12
Just Manged to include the preliminary multi-window source for the 4.4.2 test build. I made a patch for the existing OmniROM. Although the codes is preliminary, it works great. Some apps might not work but overall is worth trying. I might include it in the later builds if it doesn't cause crash. Files will also be found in the download links. Flash the MultiWindow-patch zip in recovery. (A revert zip is also provided) Cheers! :cool:
The commit message from the owner Guillaume Lesniak:
[WIP] Multi-window

This is a big work in progress, which currently has some bugs, but begins to look okay.
You can already multitask a little bit, by using the app switcher and long-pressing an icon,
then select "Add to Split View". Last window touched gets the key focus.
Code is very ugly, I know. Don't merge it, don't use it for now. Unless you want to make your code ugly.

Enjoy :)

2013/12/11
It's been quite a while. Stuggling in the mobile data for a while with no luck. I can make it work but keys fails (calls can only be ended with Airplane mode).. Meaning that i815 may have the chance but p6800 owners have to wait. Good news are: I finally port the R3P2 driver to the kernel (source from i9300, I never expected that hard to port!). Camera is also working now. The OmniROM has moved a big step forward.so I decided to put CM aside and build this first. Cheers! :D

2013/11/18
I planned for an AOSP build for some times. Right after my cm11 build, I found the first unofficial release of OmniROM4.4 at 11/18. That was the excelent timing. It really drew my attention to dig deeper. The repos are there and it's time now!
I already downloaded the source of AOSP from googlesource so It took only a few hours to sync the source (that would be quite good at my region). I already modified the device tree for AOSP earlier and it took me only a few hours to build it out! I never expected.that smooth. The Omni team are doing a really good job. :good:
AOSP base roms are slim and the overall is quite smooth. The only observable difference is the performance settings. I added koush's superuse which I think is essential. All issues in my cm-11 build inherent here :p

Change log: :victory:
Code:
Official Omni [URL="https://changelog.omnirom.org/"]Change log[/URL]
[COLOR="Blue"]2014/12/30[/COLOR]
  - Latest Omni source (4.4.4r2)'
  - Bluez 5.25, SCO and APTX modules included
  - Update to Mali-r3p2-01rel4 kernel driver
  - some kitkat blobs from other devices.
[COLOR="Blue"]2014/10/24[/COLOR]
  - Latest Omni source (4.4.4r2)
  - Bluetooth update form Bluez
  - exFat patch
  - new ril blob for i815
[COLOR="Blue"]2014/8/24[/COLOR]
  - kenel GPU control, max. 267Mhz default
  - new GPU settings
  - new ril libray
  - Fix mobile data for i815
  - Fix front camera for i815.
[COLOR="Blue"]2014/7/21[/COLOR]
  - Latest OmniROM4.4.4r1 source (KTU84P)
  - kenel GPU control, max. 400Mhz default
  - kernel zRAM support
  - kernel KSM upgrade
  - Bluetooth upgrade from Bluez
[COLOR="Blue"]2014/6/7[/COLOR]
  - Latest OmniROM4.4.3r1.1 source (KTU84M)
  - Add Customer IR Hal driver
  - Reboot stuck is fixed
  - Bluetooth update from Bluez
[COLOR="Blue"]2014/5/3[/COLOR]
  - Latest OmniROM4.4.2 source (KVT49L)
  - Lockscreen rotation is fixed. Lockscreen will not stay at landscape in rotation lock now.
  - Charging animation when power off is fixed
  - Add translations for HK & TW
[COLOR="Blue"]2014/4/12[/COLOR]
  - Fix the glitch during rotation
  - Correct InCall screen orientation to portrait
  - Bluetooth update
  - Kernel backport update for bluetooth
  - Build with Linaro toolchain
[COLOR="Blue"]2014/3/30[/COLOR]
  - Fix Wifi-tethering
  - Fix Bluetooth headset
  - Patches in Wifi driver
  - Enable the top mic in driver
[COLOR="Blue"]2014/3/9[/COLOR]
  - Bluetooth update from bluez and fixes by me
  - Add Samsung Service Mode (*#*#197328640#*#*)
  - Fixes in SystemUI to avoid crash
  - New audio policy to enable 2 mic.
[COLOR="Blue"]2014/2/9[/COLOR]
  - Latest OmniROM4.4.2 source
  - Bluetooth support via Bluez5
  - Bug fixes in GPS
  - SuperUser is removed, can install in TWRP
  preparing to apply for official...
[COLOR="Blue"]2014/1/24[/COLOR]
  - Multi-window patch is ok now
  - Fix a bug in WiFi
  - Add WiFi Tethering and WiFi direct support
  - OmniTorch is OK now
  - Camera fixes, video recording is ok now. Will come back for further polishing.
[COLOR="Blue"]2014/1/17[/COLOR]
  - Android 4.4.2 (KOT49H)
  - Changes in WiFi
  - SuperUser update
  - tidy up the new R3P2 driver
  - opensource libril
[COLOR="Blue"]2013/12/11[/COLOR]
  - Latest OmniROM4.4.1 source
  - Android 4.4.1 (KOT49E)
  - opensource libcamera
  - Mali R3P2 driver with new blobs
  - new kernel modem driver.
  - changes in libril (hoping data would work for i815)
[COLOR="Blue"]2013/11/18[/COLOR]
  - Latest OmniROM4.4 source
  - Android 4.4r1.1 (KRT16O)
  - koush's opensource superuser
  - annoying hardware keyboard is disabled

Know issues: :(
1. HDMI Dongle not handle
2. For some unknown reason, a few apks (eg. Browser) has distort screen after rotation. It can be recovered by doble click recent button.

Downloads: :highfive:
AFH: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=10298
goo.im: http://goo.im/devs/daniel_hk/rom/omnirom
mirror1: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1cicXd#dir/path=/omnirom

Use the latest pa_gapps: http://d-h.st/users/TKruzze
Or http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2012857

Recovery requirement
** CWM6, TWRP 2.3.1 or above is OK.
Most of the 4.4 Roms require the latest reovery with file_contexts and set_metadata support.I have patch the update-binary to work with old recoveries.

** See my thread to patch any gapps or ROMs with set_metadata fail **

Source: :cool:
kernel & device trees will update the new kernel soon after testing
github: https://github.com/danielhk?tab=repositories

Credits: :good:
** The OmniROM team who have such a good idea and their hardworks
** All those who donate to me. Giving me the resources to upgrade my PC and accessories!
** Thanks koush for the opensource superuser and widget
** All those who help our cool tab's developments!

Donations:

show.htm

Last edited:

daniel_hk

Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2
add tips

TIPS

1. Hidden Objects
In Settings > About
Other than hiting the build number 7 times to enable the Developer options.
Hitting the Android version 4 times will bring up the Android coide name slide.
Hit the CyanogenMod version 4 times will bring up the CyanogenMod Mascot. (not implemented yet in cm11)

2. The 4.4 Advanded Wi-Fi Menu
In Settings > Wi-Fi > menu key > Advenced
Disable Scanning always available will be safer and saving battery.
Enable Wi-Fi optimization will save some battery.

3. InCall screen orientation
The default "0" orientation of our tab is set at lanscape with the Samsung logo at right. It is hardwired in the kernel.
System apks like InCall screen will be forced to landscape. (the default 0 degree)
Fixed
If you want InCall screen to rotate
We can use rotation apps (eg. Rotation Manager) to set the InCall and Dialer apk to auto-rotate.

4. Google+
If you don't have an account login to Google+, it would await and drain battery. Disable it if you don't need it. Other Google apps too.

5. GPU settings
New GPU settings is in: Settings > Perfromance > GPU Settings at left edge menu
Default steps of max. frequency is 267Mhz and 400Mhz. To enable extra steps (330Mhz and 440Mhz), you need to enable Vpll.
If you experience SOD, try increasing the min. frequency voltage.
At max. frequencies higher than 267Mhz, you might experience lost color sync. Pressing the power button twice would recover.
My working values: min. freq.=108Mhz @975mV, max. freq.=440Mhz @1150mV. :victory:

Last edited:

palexr

Jul 11, 2009
I know this probably elementary, but what is the difference between this ROM and the other 4.4 one?

daniel_hk

Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2

hillzx

Aug 26, 2012
last night i tried installing CM11 , but my tab always say "no sim card detected" , so, is the simcard issue will be fixed in this omni rom?

rezadentevil

May 17, 2012
Mashhad

This is a homemake(omni's term) build of the open ROM Omni4.4 for our Samsung GalaxyTab 7.7.
Although some features proposed(eg. Multiwindow) are not yet implement, it is worth trying and we are very lucky to follow this main stream! ;)

2013/11/18
I planned for a AOSP build for some times. Right after my cm11 build, I found the first unofficial release of OmniROM4.4 at 11/18. That was the excelent timing. It really drew my attention to dig deeper. The repos are there and it's time now!
I already downloaded the source of AOSP from googlesource so It took only a few hours to sync the source (that would be quite good at my region). I already modified the device tree for AOSP earlier and it took me only a few hours to build it out! I never expected.that smooth. The Omni team are doing a really good job. :good:
AOSP base roms are slim and the overall is quite smooth. The only observable difference is the performance settings. I added koush's superuse which I think is essential. All issues in my cm-11 build inherent here :p

Code:

1. All issues in cm-11
2. GPS is not connected. (Seems the update from CM is not commit yet.)
3. setting custom auto-brightness level crash.

mirror1: http://www.kuaipan.cn/file/id_39173572073096195.htm#kp|39173572073096439|0
mirror2: https://mega.co.nz/#F!5EY2iZoI!fk7mwylLMw0p7aCkD80HaA
mirror3: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1cicXd#dir/path=/omnirom
kernel: http://goo.im/devs/daniel_hk/rom/kernel

Use gapps for cm-11.0 : Check the gapps folder in the above links
Or the latest pa_gapps: http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/gapps

Recovery requirement
Most of the 4.4 Roms require the latest reovery with file_contexts and set_metadata support.I have patch the update-binary to work with old recoveries.

kernel & device trees will update the Omni device trees soon after testing

** All those who donate to me. Giving me the resources to upgrade my PC and accessories!

Donations:

Thanx alot
thats great,
what bugs this rom has?
could you tell it more?

Reactions: davidbhwong69

palexr

Jul 11, 2009
last night i tried installing CM11 , but my tab always say "no sim card detected" , so, is the simcard issue will be fixed in this omni rom?
Strange, I didn't get that error? Works fine on mine.

It is a AOSP base rom. For details, visit the Omni team's page : http://omnirom.org/
I guess I was wondering if one was better than other in some way? Is there an advantage to one over the other? Though I have to say that CM11 is working fantastically well.

Last edited:

ekrazy

Nov 16, 2007
I'm getting the same error as well. It says no sim card. I can make phone calls but no cellular data

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
I cannot get mobile data working on an i815. Says "No Service". I checked my mobile network settings and they look right. I went back to 4.2.2 and have LTE again. Tried this and CM11 and both have same issue. Clean flash both times.

Reactions: daniel_hk

GNUDroid

May 15, 2012
Can someone report for a 6810 wifi only, if the cm11 or this variant performance better. Speed, fcs, battery?
Did some tried both?

Sent from my GT-P6810 using xda app-developers app

63holdenolden

Dec 5, 2007
Melbourne
I'm getting the same error as well. It says no sim card. I can make phone calls but no cellular data

I cannot get mobile data working on an i815. Says "No Service". I checked my mobile network settings and they look right. I went back to 4.2.2 and have LTE again. Tried this and CM11 and both have same issue. Clean flash both times.

Same issue here , Otherwise lovely rom could be my daily driver if not for this small problem :good:

strong0

Aug 26, 2012

same issue here, but I can't go back to 4.2.2 (such as PAC-Man ROM 4.2 Milestone1 release) with the newest TWRP, it displayed "P6800 || getprop("ro.build.product") error ececuting updater binary in zip......" and something like that.

P.S. about the mobile data, I found there is no APN profile in the system, so absolutely no data connection here as well, and I tried to create a new APN roles manually but it can't be saved when I finished, same issue has appeared in the previously version so I think may be there is something wrong with the file permission or else.

daniel_hk

Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2
same issue here, but I can't go back to 4.2.2 (such as PAC-Man ROM 4.2 Milestone1 release) with the newest TWRP, it displayed "P6800 || getprop("ro.build.product") error ececuting updater binary in zip......" and something like that.

P.S. about the mobile data, I found there is no APN profile in the system, so absolutely no data connection here as well, and I tried to create a new APN roles manually but it can't be saved when I finished, same issue has appeared in the previously version so I think may be there is something wrong with the file permission or else.

I have your answer. The twrp recovery source requires 4.4 to compile. The old update-binary is no longer supported.

In the mean time, you may following my other post to change the update-binary of you old ROMs and gapps.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2532300

This one is backward compatible. You can flash the updated zip in old recoveries too.

We are in the transition period. Things will get better soon... :)

PS. Even though I'm stuck, sim card issue is the top priority...

Last edited:
Reactions: strong0

strong0

Aug 26, 2012
I have your answer. The twrp recovery source requires 4.4 to compile. The old update-binary is no longer supported.

In the mean time, you may following my other post to change the update-binary of you old ROMs and gapps.
http://xdaforums.com/show...7#post47580997

This one is backward compatible. You can flash the updated zip in old recoveries too.

We are in the transition period. Things will get better soon... :)

PS. Even though I'm stuck, sim card issue is the top priority...

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately the link you posted doesn't work now, I have re-flash the recovery to CWM and it can work properly. Hope we can have a stable version of Android 4.4 soon with your kindly help! :) :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Release notes:
    2014/10/24
    This is the final release. Omni has no more update now. In this build, I put the updated Mali r3p2-01rel4 driver in the kernel. Sadly, the latest user space driver (USD) available is r3p2-01rel3 (API 23). I trick the driver by lowering the kernel API to 23 (from 26) and luckily it works! We are the first device to have r3p2-01rel4! :cowboy:
    Many developers were stopped by the properitry USD. The opensource solution Lima also stopped last year. :( I will try the USD from Mali-450 later but it's a long shot.
    The latest Bluez has the "can't turned off" issue. I used the bluez 5.25 instead. This time, the sco and aptx modules are included but I don't have those Bluetooth devices to test.
    So this is my last Kitkat. Next year will be the L's days. *** Happy New Year! ***:D

2014/10/24
    Android L is coming. This might be the last update for Omni. :( goo.im don't like me. Not even a single file finished overnight... Try AFH first.

2014/8/29
    Repack View attachment omni-exfet-fix2.zip :D

2014/8/28
    I'm not a fan of exFat and I don't have problem reading exFat formatted in PC. As some repeatedly report on failing to access exFat, I think there are variants. I use the old source to build a patch which is recovery flashable.
    View attachment omni-exfet-fix.zip
    For those who can't access exFat, please test and report. Good luck! ;)
     History

2014/8/24
    I rewrote the GPU settings this week. To improve stability, Vpll settings is now commited after reboot. The default is now return to the stock values. Hoping no more compliant (mostly from p6200) now. Omni still on 4.4.4r1 code but I update all the AOSP project to 4.4.4r2. And lastly, the front camera in i815 is fixed. Cheers! ;)

2014/7/21
    Omni 4.4.4 still use the 4.4.4r1 tree. I worked on the kernel again to improve performance. GPU is boost to 400Mhz which increase Antutu score by 2k+. zRAM support and KSM upgrade are also included. :D
    It's time to work on i815 mobile data...

2014/6/7
    Omni is the first few release 4.4.3r1.1. Customer IR driver is added. i815 and some p68x0 can enjoy all the IR remote apps now. Major update from Bluez also included. Not much progress but 4.4.3r1.1 is definitely a hit. Cheers! ;)

2014/5/3
    Trying a few settings in Linaro, including O3 optimization. No apparent different... May be the blobs are bottlenecks. Switch back to original toolchain. In this build, charging animation is fixed, Lockscreen rotation is fixed and bluetooth update from Bluez. I haven't encounter DSP manager crash. Don't know if it is fixed.:laugh:

2014/4/12
    This build included all the fixes in my cm11 and so as the only minor issue...I built this with the Linaro toolchain 4.7.4 for both kernel and platform. Tested it for a few hours and no observable bug with Linaro. I'll let you guys to see if there are any performance difference and issues with Linaro. ;)

2014/3/30
    No progress on the rotation issue. Tracing through the kernel, driver and frameworks. Lots of changes since 4.4... :cyclops:
    There are some major updates in Omni and it's been too long for an update. Wifi-tethering is working now. Some patch to the wifi driver. Hoping to make it more stable. Top mic is enabled in the driver now. Hoping better quality during calls.
    New library for i815, see if mobile data would be working now. i815 owners Please report. Doesn't work... ::(

2014/3/9
    Play with a few more ROMs (pac, carbon, AOSB, etc.) this weekend. I might start a thread for experiment rom for those flashing maniacs.
    It's been too long for an Omni update. There are some cool Quick Settings features which are unique to Omni. In the last two builds, I had to disable some of them to avoid SystemUI from crash. I finally pull everything together this weekend. We are having full features of Omni now!
    Recent menu and screenshots are free from glitches now. Rotation glitches are still there... Some fixes in bluetooth. Hoping it is more stable.
    For some unknow reason, pa_gapp-micro causes crash in some system app. eg. SystemUI.
    Don't flash pa_gapps-micro to this Omni. Others pa_gapps are OK.

2014/2/9
    It was a productive week. I finally port bluez5 to Android 4.4! Although only pairing and file transfer is working, it is a hugh step for us. bluez.org team is working on other services now. Very happy that we are the first device having bluetooth working without bluedroid! Cheers! :highfive:
    It's sad that CM11 needs extra care so it's Omni again. In this build, GPS is fixed. Omni can merge su to settings menu now so default superuser is removed. One step closer to Official Omni. ;)
    ** The mirror on Mega is discontinued. **

2014/1/24
    Finally back to the roms after a busy week! Everything seems quite smooth. Mange to make the new multi-window to work. I also fixed a bug in the wifi driver. Hoping no more ON/OFF now. OmniTorch is fixed and quick fixes on Camera for video recording.
    As BeanStalk had make wifi tethering working, it motivated me to take a look. It was not that hard as I thought. Wifi tethering and WiFi direct is working now. Two less items in the do list. Bluetooth would be the final large piece of pizzle. Cheers! ;)

2014/1/17 -- Seems the multi-window patch casue some systemUI crash. Please wait for a while.
    Just return from a trip. Omni is now Android 4.4.2. Sim card will take a while to be recognized after reboot (upto a few min.). I don't have problem in WiFi since the last release but I change a few things in WiFi. Factory reset is essential. In case of repeated ON/OFF, you may try turning off the Wifi optimization in the advace menu. If not working, only a factory reset can help. Don't know why yet.
    GPS has conflict with telephony. Lock GPS at air-plane mode first if you have trouble with it.
    Multi-Window cherry pick not working in new source. Not quite sure why... Don't have much spare time lately but I'll try to keep it up. ;)

2013/12/12
    Just Manged to include the preliminary multi-window source for the 4.4.2 test build. I made a patch for the existing OmniROM. Although the codes is preliminary, it works great. Some apps might not work but overall is worth trying. I might include it in the later builds if it doesn't cause crash. Files will also be found in the download links. Flash the MultiWindow-patch zip in recovery. (A revert zip is also provided) Cheers! :cool:
    The commit message from the owner Guillaume Lesniak:
    [WIP] Multi-window

This is a big work in progress, which currently has some bugs, but begins to look okay.
    You can already multitask a little bit, by using the app switcher and long-pressing an icon,
    then select "Add to Split View". Last window touched gets the key focus.
    Code is very ugly, I know. Don't merge it, don't use it for now. Unless you want to make your code ugly.

Enjoy :)

2013/12/11
    It's been quite a while. Stuggling in the mobile data for a while with no luck. I can make it work but keys fails (calls can only be ended with Airplane mode).. Meaning that i815 may have the chance but p6800 owners have to wait. Good news are: I finally port the R3P2 driver to the kernel (source from i9300, I never expected that hard to port!). Camera is also working now. The OmniROM has moved a big step forward.so I decided to put CM aside and build this first. Cheers! :D

2013/11/18
    I planned for an AOSP build for some times. Right after my cm11 build, I found the first unofficial release of OmniROM4.4 at 11/18. That was the excelent timing. It really drew my attention to dig deeper. The repos are there and it's time now!

Code:
    Official Omni [URL="https://changelog.omnirom.org/"]Change log[/URL]
    [COLOR="Blue"]2014/12/30[/COLOR]
      - Latest Omni source (4.4.4r2)'
      - Bluez 5.25, SCO and APTX modules included
      - Update to Mali-r3p2-01rel4 kernel driver
      - some kitkat blobs from other devices.
    [COLOR="Blue"]2014/10/24[/COLOR]
      - Latest Omni source (4.4.4r2)
      - Bluetooth update form Bluez
      - exFat patch
      - new ril blob for i815
    [COLOR="Blue"]2014/8/24[/COLOR]
      - kenel GPU control, max. 267Mhz default
      - new GPU settings
      - new ril libray
      - Fix mobile data for i815
      - Fix front camera for i815.
    [COLOR="Blue"]2014/7/21[/COLOR]
      - Latest OmniROM4.4.4r1 source (KTU84P)
      - kenel GPU control, max. 400Mhz default
      - kernel zRAM support
      - kernel KSM upgrade
      - Bluetooth upgrade from Bluez
    [COLOR="Blue"]2014/6/7[/COLOR]
      - Latest OmniROM4.4.3r1.1 source (KTU84M)
      - Add Customer IR Hal driver
      - Reboot stuck is fixed
    [COLOR="Blue"]2014/5/3[/COLOR]
      - Lockscreen rotation is fixed. Lockscreen will not stay at landscape in rotation lock now.
      - Charging animation when power off is fixed
      - Add translations for HK & TW
    [COLOR="Blue"]2014/4/12[/COLOR]
      - Fix the glitch during rotation
      - Correct InCall screen orientation to portrait
      - Bluetooth update
      - Kernel backport update for bluetooth
      - Build with Linaro toolchain
    [COLOR="Blue"]2014/3/30[/COLOR]
      - Fix Wifi-tethering
      - Fix Bluetooth headset
      - Patches in Wifi driver
      - Enable the top mic in driver
    [COLOR="Blue"]2014/3/9[/COLOR]
      - Bluetooth update from bluez and fixes by me
      - Add Samsung Service Mode (*#*#197328640#*#*)
      - Fixes in SystemUI to avoid crash
      - New audio policy to enable 2 mic.
    [COLOR="Blue"]2014/2/9[/COLOR]
      - Bluetooth support via Bluez5
      - Bug fixes in GPS
      - SuperUser is removed, can install in TWRP
      preparing to apply for official...
    [COLOR="Blue"]2014/1/24[/COLOR]
      - Multi-window patch is ok now
      - Fix a bug in WiFi
      - Add WiFi Tethering and WiFi direct support
      - OmniTorch is OK now
      - Camera fixes, video recording is ok now. Will come back for further polishing.
    [COLOR="Blue"]2014/1/17[/COLOR]
      - Android 4.4.2 (KOT49H)
      - Changes in WiFi
      - SuperUser update
      - tidy up the new R3P2 driver
      - opensource libril
    [COLOR="Blue"]2013/12/11[/COLOR]
      - Latest OmniROM4.4.1 source
      - Android 4.4.1 (KOT49E)
      - opensource libcamera
      - Mali R3P2 driver with new blobs
      - new kernel modem driver.
      - changes in libril (hoping data would work for i815)

1. HDMI Dongle not handle
    2. For some unknown reason, a few apks (eg. Browser) has distort screen after rotation. It can be recovered by doble click recent button.

AFH: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=10298
    mirror1: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1cicXd#dir/path=/omnirom

Use the latest pa_gapps: http://d-h.st/users/TKruzze
    Or http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2012857

Recovery requirement

kernel & device trees will update the new kernel soon after testing

Donations:

show.htm

Do you know if the pixel problem during screen rotation continues? And Bluetooth works in this version?

That is the opengl issue. Don't have time to deal with those minor issue yet.

Bluetooth is my first piority now. People working on bluetooth for other devices (without bluedroid support) for months (since 4.3) now. No one succeed yet. I suppose it would be another tough task...:cyclops:

Right now, let me have a few hours sleep. I have to remove the multi-window patch and rebuild the roms again. If I can't finish them tomorrow, I have to leave it for the next weekend...:eek:
    add tips

TIPS

1. Hidden Objects
    In Settings > About
    Other than hiting the build number 7 times to enable the Developer options.
    Hitting the Android version 4 times will bring up the Android coide name slide.
    Hit the CyanogenMod version 4 times will bring up the CyanogenMod Mascot. (not implemented yet in cm11)

2. The 4.4 Advanded Wi-Fi Menu
    In Settings > Wi-Fi > menu key > Advenced
    Disable Scanning always available will be safer and saving battery.
    Enable Wi-Fi optimization will save some battery.

3. InCall screen orientation
    The default "0" orientation of our tab is set at lanscape with the Samsung logo at right. It is hardwired in the kernel.
    System apks like InCall screen will be forced to landscape. (the default 0 degree)
    Fixed
    If you want InCall screen to rotate
    We can use rotation apps (eg. Rotation Manager) to set the InCall and Dialer apk to auto-rotate.

4. Google+
    If you don't have an account login to Google+, it would await and drain battery. Disable it if you don't need it. Other Google apps too.

5. GPU settings
    New GPU settings is in: Settings > Perfromance > GPU Settings at left edge menu
    Default steps of max. frequency is 267Mhz and 400Mhz. To enable extra steps (330Mhz and 440Mhz), you need to enable Vpll.
    If you experience SOD, try increasing the min. frequency voltage.
    At max. frequencies higher than 267Mhz, you might experience lost color sync. Pressing the power button twice would recover.
    My working values: min. freq.=108Mhz @975mV, max. freq.=440Mhz @1150mV. :victory:
    Thanks. I'm quite busy right now but I'll continue.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Is the multi-window patch not working on the 2/9 build? tried flashing in TWRP but it just gets stuck on the Omni boot screen.

Yeah, patch is not working with new platform. Will try later when I have time. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk