[APP][4.0+][0.9.31] PopWeb : A New Web Browser !

Search This thread

tkjeeper

Jan 24, 2011
Hi, thanks for you feedback :)
You're totally right, the function is missing. I will try to implement this for the next release.
When clicking a link outside the app (from a email for example), and after having chosen PopWeb to go further, just before loading the link in a new webpage, it will either create a new space by default, or maybe propose to use an existant one ? What do you think ?

Thanks again for your contribution !

That sounds perfect, 90% of the links I hit are as you said, in an email, or Web page or fb, g+ etc., as long as I am given the option to chose popweb browser just once or always, I'll be happy

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kevin1282

popinterfaces

Jun 30, 2014
Paris
Wow amazing work as far I tested it. I'm sure this browser will get far. Keep on that excellent work and many thanks!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

In your Help section you might want to add an "Overview Mode" heading, and describe how double tapping somewhere in overview takes you to that spot. That's a nifty feature! ?

Maybe an added feature to the right menu of: Rest All to Default Size. This would resize all web pages back to the default percentage setting in the left menu. ☺

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Totally agree with that. That would really come in handy

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hi, Lots of thanks for your congrats and contribution :) :)

You're right, an "Overview Mode" explanation is missing in the help section. I will add it.
And i should probably get that whole section redesigned in order to be more readable ;)

Thanks for the Restore to default size function ! I haven't thought of this one yet. Will add it for sure in the next releases.

popinterfaces

Jun 30, 2014
Paris
Kewl browser you made and thank you :cool: I paid the $1 for it and really like it. I would like to have a Download option. Or am i missing it. If i click to download the .apk for this app it FC's and crashes :eek: I sent you the crash report.

Hi
I am very happy that you like this app.
I haven't implemented yet a real download option. For the moment, direct downloads will probably not work.
In the meantime, just long click a link (which contains the file you need to download) to show the context menu and choose the option "save/download link". This should trigger the download.

Could you please try again with this method ? It is still does not work, could you give me the link you are using so that i could try on my side ?
Thanks a lot.

kevin1282

Oct 5, 2013
You're totally right, the function is missing. I will try to implement this for the next release.
When clicking a link outside the app (from a email for example), and after having chosen PopWeb to go further, just before loading the link in a new webpage, it will either create a new space by default, or maybe propose to use an existant one ? What do you think ?

My Input:
Probably create a new Space with a new WebPage (of the externally opened link) in that new Space.

This relates but would be dressing (only consider if you get bored):
If the new Space could somehow be labeled (in the side menu) to denote where it came from, i.e. "From External Link" or if it recognize where it came from "From Google+, Email, YouTube". Buy again, this part totally icing on very cool cake!

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Hi, thanks a lot for your congrats! :)

For the first question, not yet unfortunately. I am stilll working on this one, but I wish to deliver something intuitive enough so that you don't lose your bearings between the possibility to resize a webview, its content (zoom in webview), and finally the space.
But you are right, the Overview mode proposed is very limited. More gestures and interactions is needed.
!

I've obviously never made something for the public to use or I would have considered that. You're right.

Maybe take the slider from Overview Mode and use it the Space (but make it not quite so tall) at the bottom for zooming the Space. Far left would be max zoom-in, just before far right would be max zoom-out but still in Space Mode. Next to the slider (in the bottom right corner of the screen) have your Overview mode button that would take you from Space Mode to Overview Mode. IDK, you're doing great and I'm sure you have a vision and path to get what you want done.

For the 2nd question, you wish to create a new webpage from a link inside an existing webpage, without linking this new webpage to the existant one ? Is that right ?
Also, would you like to be able to remove any link ? Meaning to removing link between to webpages for example?
!

Yes to both. And maybe to carry your idea a little farther, be able to be able to take that middle WebPage out and start as the beginning of a new thread. So it would be like: A-B-C-D, pull B out to new thread, so now it's: A-C-D and B-(x-y-z-whatever).

The last of my hair brained ideas would be in Overview Mode only long clicking on a thread brings up and option to "Send to New Space".

Very sorry for the long post!

Last edited:
Reactions: tkjeeper

sk8trix

May 26, 2011
Hudson county N.J
Nice interface. Just downloaded it and still getting the hang of it. Going to review it on my YouTube channel once I get a hang of all of the settings. Quick question, can I have multiple pages open in one space?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: tkjeeper

rolling56

Apr 21, 2013
Springfield,Misery
Hi
I am very happy that you like this app.
I haven't implemented yet a real download option. For the moment, direct downloads will probably not work.
In the meantime, just long click a link (which contains the file you need to download) to show the context menu and choose the option "save/download link". This should trigger the download.

Could you please try again with this method ? It is still does not work, could you give me the link you are using so that i could try on my side ?
Thanks a lot.
Thank you for the reply. I tried the long press and i did get the 4 options. I tapped the save/download link and it downloaded a .php file and not your .apk for this app (PopWeb). So just go to the first page here using PopWeb and try to see your result. Thank you for looking into downloading files from your browser :cool:
Also i cannot open the .php file not that i care too lol Using rooted Galaxy Note 3 Tmobile USA 4.4.2

Last edited:

popinterfaces

Jun 30, 2014
Paris
Nice interface. Just downloaded it and still getting the hang of it. Going to review it on my YouTube channel once I get a hang of all of the settings. Quick question, can I have multiple pages open in one space?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Free mobile app

Hi, thanks for trying it :)

Yes, of course you can have multiple webpages in one space. Just long press anywhere in the space and a new wepage will popup, asking you to enter a request to search or a url/adress. (You can also move and resize this page anywhere in the space)
Also, if you click on a link inside a webpage, a new one will be created loading the link you selected. If the webpage is in fullscreen, this will not happen (unless you chose the corresponding option from the context menu)

You can find more explanations on the available gestures and functions from the help section on the left menu :)

Feel free to ask any more info ;)

sk8trix

May 26, 2011
Hudson county N.J
Hi, thanks for trying it :)

Yes, of course you can have multiple webpages in one space. Just long press anywhere in the space and a new wepage will popup, asking you to enter a request to search or a url/adress. (You can also move and resize this page anywhere in the space)
Also, if you click on a link inside a webpage, a new one will be created loading the link you selected. If the webpage is in fullscreen, this will not happen (unless you chose the corresponding option from the context menu)

You can find more explanations on the available gestures and functions from the help section on the left menu :)

Feel free to ask any more info ;)

Cool, and thanks for the reply will be playing with this browser today and its really nice man thanks for the app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium HD app

kevin1282

Oct 5, 2013
?

Attachments

• 1405217920499.jpg
    1405217920499.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 76
Reactions: sk8trix

rolling56

Apr 21, 2013
Springfield,Misery
Its been a little hard getting away from Opera and other tabbed browsers but really dig this one. Using it right now actually ? Can't wait for more improvements/additions.

djimne

Jun 30, 2014
Slow

It's real good in all the ways described, but it runs a little slow on my device. Idk if that's just because of my device's power or what but do you guys know any ways to make it run faster?

rolling56

Apr 21, 2013
Springfield,Misery
Its been a little hard getting away from Opera and other tabbed browsers but really dig this one. Using it right now actually �� Can't wait for more improvements/additions.
@popinterfaces FYI if you look at the 2 diamonds with ?'s that is a sunglasses smiley : cool : sent from PopWeb. So my guess there is something wrong with the browser? I'm using Material L KB from the playstore no root but it does not do that anywhere else except for using PopWeb.

Sep 22, 2013
It's real good in all the ways described, but it runs a little slow on my device. Idk if that's just because of my device's power or what but do you guys know any ways to make it run faster?

Could you describe your problem further? Is it the loading speed, any lags while scrolling and surfing or is the application overall slow?

If you have the same problems with other browser its probably your hardware.

popinterfaces

Jun 30, 2014
Paris
Hi everyone !

A new update has just been released : 0.9.7.

As requested, I have added
* private browsing (@Androidmarketuser)
* interaction on links (@kevin1282)
* resize all webpages function (@kevin1282 @Ryven)
* download (@rolling56)
* an option "menu" on the webpages to improve interactions : next and previous button to navigate across the webview, duplicate, send to another Space, share, remove links. (@kevin1282)
* possibility to open a link with PopWeb from another app (@tkjeeper)

I wish i had more time to test it. Hope it'll go well.

I wish you enjoy it ! :)

As usual, all request/contribution/critics are welcome !
Thanks for all you feebacks :)

Last edited:

rolling56

Apr 21, 2013
Springfield,Misery
@popinterfaces this is just a FYI and a big thank you for the update!

Testing L KB smiley ��

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Testing Sammy KB smiley :)

So emojis from Google don't work but they do work from Samsung KB using PopWeb paid version.
I really like to be able to recommend apps i use and this will be one of them.

Last edited:

popinterfaces

Jun 30, 2014
Paris
@popinterfaces this is just a FYI and a big thank you for the update!

Testing L KB smiley ��

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Testing Sammy KB smiley :)

So emojis from Google don't work but they do work from Samsung KB using PopWeb paid version.
I really like to be able to recommend apps i use and this will be one of them.

Thanks ! Very nice of you :)
I will give a look at this keyboard error. Maybe a correction in the next release ! ;)

popinterfaces

Jun 30, 2014
Paris
@popinterfaces Adobe Flash compatibility would be nice also.

huge thump up for you:good:
i have some suggestion for make it more awesome:
1-if you can add PIE control like the AOSP browsers
2-im from iraq so...facebook,youtube and twitter are blocked here so any thing like proxy or vpn will help a lot
3-add flash player support like in dolphin browser for KitKat Roms
that it ...thanks in advance:highfive::good::good::fingers-crossed:

1-Sorry, didn't have any time to check about Pie Controls yet. I will take a look for the next releases.
2-You can configure a vpn access directly in the settings/network section of you phone. Also, there are a lot a well developed apps that already manage proxy and vpn. If you were thinking of something else, please tell me.
3-Flash player is not supported anymore on android nor by Abobe nor by Google. Without starting a debate on its usefulness, i know that adding its compatibility will require a lot of work for an very undetermined future on android. However, I will keep looking into its possible integration for future releases.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Everyone !

I would like to share with you my first app : PopWeb.

logo_popweb_96.png

PopWeb is a web browser offering you a new way of browsing :
    • you can interact with all your webpages at the same time
    • you can display and manipulate webpages on a virtually unlimited space
    • each link clicked from a webpage will open a new webpage. Thus, you can trace your web exploration, and control and optimize your browsing.

The UI is simple and intuitive (i hope)

Here are some of the Features :
    - Create Spaces to group and categorize your web explorations (by theme, by date, by content, ...) ;
    - Automatic saving of the webpages created in the Spaces : you can access and retrieve easily your browsing routes ;
    - Move and resize all the webpages easily, according to your needs ;
    - Reorganize automatically all your webpages ;
    - Overview mode to move easily in the Space and view your browsing routes ;
    - Many gestures to navigate and interact with the webpages ;
    - Swipe down to reload / refresh a webpage ;
    - Search engines integrated (ask, bing, google, ...)
    - Offline mode (only available on KitKat 4.4 for the moment) ;
    - Fullscreen/Immersive Mode ;
    - Save links from other apps directly into PopWeb (in background)
    - Bookmarks, private browsing, javascript on/off ;
    - Choose the folder when downloading a file (or use default)

PopWeb is totally ad-free.
    If you enjoy this browser, you can support development by upgrading to the Premium Version !

PopWeb is available for Android 4.0+ devices here : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.popinterfaces.popwebfree
    A video demo is available here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QO0s_A8CjQ
    And more screenshots directly on Gogle Play : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.popinterfaces.popwebfree

I hope you enjoy it ! If so, fell free to hit the Thanks button ;)
    Any feeback is highly appreciated !

Eric,

New version available 0.9.31
    * Fix alert showing when gplay (billing) services not found

Version 0.9.29
    * Bug fix on application start when gplay services are missing
    (in app billing correction v2)

Version 0.9.28
    * Bug fix on application start when gplay services are missing
    (in app billing correction)

Version 0.9.26
    * Bug fix on application start (splashscreen optimization)

Version 0.9.25
    * Option to use custom folder on file download
    * Option to deactivate Javascript
    * Bug fixes

Version 0.9.24
    * Swipe down to reload webpages
    * Miscellaneous optimizations

Version 0.9.23
    * Ads removed
    * New Tilt and Swipe Movements
    * "Save in PopWeb" feature to save links from other apps, in background
    * Options to handle youtube, maps and google play links
    * Many Interface modifications
    * In App purchase for premium upgrade
    * Many bug and gesture fixes

Version 0.9.11
    * Option to lock webpage creation
    * Option to define touch sensitivity
    * Many bug and gesture fixes

Version 0.9.10
    * Dark theme added
    * Advanced Parameters section added
    * Crash when deleting webpages in Overview Mode fixed

Version 0.9.9

* New Gestures :
    -Swipe down with 2 fingers to display Url bar
    -Swipe up with 2 fingers to remove webpage
    -Swipe/Fling left to go to previous webpage
    -Swipe/Fling right to go to next webpage
    * Automatic title bar hiding
    * Import Bookmarks from phone
    * Miscellaneous bugs and gestures fixes

Version 0.9.8
    * New Overview Mode:
    - Now, all webpages can be easily manipulated in overview mode : move, delete, duplicate, remove links,...
    * Multitouch added in overview mode
    * Pinch to Zoom available in overview mode
    * Miscellaneous bugs fixe

Version 0.9.7
    * Private Browsing available
    * Interactions on links now possible
    * Resize all webview function added
    * Download now possible
    * WebView options added : previous, next, duplicate, remove links, send to another space, share, ...
    * Back press behaviour corrected
    * Miscellaneous bugs fixes

Direct download:
    As other developers/posters already said,
    -Please download my app from Google Play if you can(it's free!). This apk is for those who are not able to download from Google Play due to compatibility issue. Try them and let me know if it's compatible to your device.
    Many thanks you for your feedback !
    - when the webpage is in fullscreen, new links don't open new webpages. Is it on purpose or is it a bug ?
    It is on purpose. I locked new webpages creation when in fullscreen. Next releases should implement this behaviour as an option.

- you should add the possibility to change the colors. Specially the "space" background color. Black for example, would prevent excessive energy consumption (better for the battery)
    You're totally right. I will work on that and try to implement theming ! (Space backroung color, webpage title bar color, ...)
    Hi everyone,

I have just finished a new version : 0.9.9 !

New gestures are now available :
    -Swipe down with 2 fingers to display Url bar
    -Swipe up with 2 fingers to remove webpage
    -Swipe/Fling left to go to previous webpage
    -Swipe/Fling right to go to next webpage

There is also 2 new functions (available in the parameters section, in the left menu) :
    - enable automatic hiding of the title bar
    - import bookmarks found on the phone

Animation when removing webpage has also been added.

And finally, moving a webpage should be now smoother (the movement is now compensated with scrolling)

Feedbacks are highly appreciated ! :)
    Back with one more question :
    what is "play in background" function ? on the left menu ?

This function keeps playing whatever is playing in any webpages of a loaded space, when you leave the app (to use another app for example) or when you turn off the screen.
    This means that if you activate the function and if you load and play a video from any website, the video (and audio) will keep playing in background even if you turn off the screen ;)
    Only had this for less than an hour, wondering why if I click a link, pop Web doesn't show up as an option with chrome/opera, etc? Is there a setting? Love to use this more for Web addresses while in G+ etc. Thanks and great work!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk