Windows Phone "Jailbreak App Store"

Search This thread

lovenokia

Sep 1, 2011
I am trying to see if anybody in this thread would like to start developing a beginning to a Windows Phone "Jailbreak App store" meaning that the whole cummunity of homebrew apps could all be in one place. As I am aware to jailbreak ios and install "Cydia" you must hold the power and home button in a certain order. Since all Windows phones have the power button, unlock, and volume I think that this could work if a similar process like what is done in ios will be done with windows phone since they are both closed source operating systems. I am not a developer I truely dont know all the details of how something like this could work. I am asking if the whole Windows phone cummunity could work together and get this going.

Thanks

Last edited:

dstyl

Apr 24, 2010
Heilbronn
Maybe XDA-DEV could manage the server so it would grow fastly if every dev who post his app in the thread automaticly to the appstore but only final realeases or only apps who cant brick the device. Cool idea but to let a server work cost money and who pays it ?

lovenokia

Sep 1, 2011
Maybe XDA-DEV could manage the server so it would grow fastly if every dev who post his app in the thread automaticly to the appstore but only final realeases or only apps who cant brick the device. Cool idea but to let a server work cost money and who pays it ?

The whole Windows Phone cummunity could pay for the servers together. Maybe there could be some awesome paid homebrew apps in there that could supply money for the server.

shawchyn

Mar 20, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
I don't support the "crack paid apps" either.

My ideas for these "alternative marketplace" is for those developers/hobbies to make their apps and allow others to use it.

I don't mind the "homebrew" apps is chargable, coz if you look at some apps in Cydia, it also have some apps which chargable due to that app is rejected by Apple.

Same thing goes here. M$ need developer to pay USD99 to get an account, with each FREE apps posted charge for USD25! This will highly PUSH away the developers.

Further more, NOT all regions/countries are supported by M$ marketplace (like my country are not).

So this is a good alternative for developers to post their app.

lovenokia

Sep 1, 2011
I don't support the "crack paid apps" either.

My ideas for these "alternative marketplace" is for those developers/hobbies to make their apps and allow others to use it.

I don't mind the "homebrew" apps is chargable, coz if you look at some apps in Cydia, it also have some apps which chargable due to that app is rejected by Apple.

Same thing goes here. M$ need developer to pay USD99 to get an account, with each FREE apps posted charge for USD25! This will highly PUSH away the developers.

Further more, NOT all regions/countries are supported by M$ marketplace (like my country are not).

So this is a good alternative for developers to post their app.

Since i want this to be cummunity thing and want to push this forward and i forgot to mention these advantages with an alternative marketplace also.

jackrabbit72380

Mar 10, 2011
Trenton
www.landsoftworks.host22.com
actuly we have one in develpment alredy!

we are curently making it only for cab updates but i dont see why we couldent impement this

as me and winco are alredy working on wcabsender and he has alredy made beta version of W.I.N.C.O.'s XapAssistant v.0.5.0

we have to make web server for cab files and such anyway i dont see why xaps would be any diffrent why pay more than one server when we could just have one and let it self make money!??

i gess pm me with detales if you like i will look them over!
seams like a nice alternitive

Reactions: skirtsfly

shawchyn

Mar 20, 2008
Kuala Lumpur

we are curently making it only for cab updates but i dont see why we couldent impement this

as me and winco are alredy working on wcabsender and he has alredy made beta version of W.I.N.C.O.'s XapAssistant v.0.5.0

we have to make web server for cab files and such anyway i dont see why xaps would be any diffrent why pay more than one server when we could just have one and let it self make money!??

This is a GOOD NEWS!

I wish to see it work soon. :D

lovenokia

Sep 1, 2011

This is great news I would like for some of the developers to take over this.

CruciasNZ

Sep 16, 2011
Christchurch
www.revenantwings.org
Sounds like an amazing idea. Microsoft don't allow apps that promote voice plans, would be nice to have an alternative store to list a full version of my app (it allows you to buy and remove value packs for 2° of which some are voice packs)

Ludacris

Jul 18, 2009
Vienna
I am / was working on a homebrew Marketplace aswell. The listing and downloading of XAPs is not the problem. You just Need a small search algorithm and a database to search and find the apps but the big Problem is installing them. Unless you have the DFT (I guess it was them) ROM that allows XAPs installed directly from the web, you wont be able to install any XAP on the device.

Cool thats my 111th post :D

Last edited:

shawchyn

Mar 20, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
I am / was working on a homebrew Marketplace aswell. The listing and downloading of XAPs is not the problem. You just Need a small search algorithm and a database to search and find the apps but the big Problem is installing them. Unless you have the DFT (I guess it was them) ROM that allows XAPs installed directly from the web, you wont be able to install any XAP on the device.

You are right! This the biggest issue!

Ludacris

Jul 18, 2009
Vienna
I guess I could start working on the Store again. I guess it will be done in a few days.
Will allow downloading XAPs, updating them, browsing them. The installing part would have to be made by one of the WP7 hackers - as soon as this is sorted out (as said, it partly is) the store can go online

jackrabbit72380

Mar 10, 2011
Trenton
www.landsoftworks.host22.com
You are right! This the biggest issue!
not realy an issue because the wcabsender program we are working on
will have an esaly updateable data base of servers listed for cab files the list will be a file called CabData.xml wich we are curently wrighing
it curently contains links to all of xbmods cab files so the program will download and up date your phone and make the hole process very simple
insted of downloading them one buy one and usein wp7 cab sender,bat file
anyway teh cabs can contain up to 60 .xap files and or other content not just apps but content for custom updates to actuly modify the os it self!
users are alredy able to make custom updates much like a carrer would adding addisional features such as new wallpapers ring tones accent colors and even more!
so say we had a new custom game.cab that would incluude not only the new game .xap but also new ringtones & walpapers and assents from teh game or even custom icons for your default icons so your hole phone could look like the new game you just got sorta like premeum themes for on the xbox360 dashbord!

the store is made up of servers from he list and auto updated and loged with in the program you could tecnicly upload your xap to anyware and simple send me the url to add to the server list right now and the store would be opened at teh time of beta relese of our program! our program is close to beta relese but we still have much work to be done on it if you want to get involved please pm me i have more art to do and winco has more code to wright we do not curently even have all of the online avalible cab urls listed in the CabData.xml thare are curently about 10 just for testing!

we ar the only to people working on this project with the okay from xbmod as he is aware of what weare up to but im in the us and winco is in slovika and dose not speak good english infact has to translate everyhang i send him and he dosent get most of my notes teh hole consept was thought up of teh back to the future rom v2 and winco has never even seen teh move he dosent quite grasp teh consept but has managed to make the program a reality not theamed exactly how i had in mind but never the less my idia is now a reality soon to be relesed we could realy use some help with a couple more members on bord we could surely use the help! to get thangs done and out quicker we both have other projects as well and we are both in difrent time zones wich makes thangs even more diffucult winco dosent have time to browse teh forms or post updates like i do!

hes just to bizzy and to be honist so am i!

the offical wcabsender development thread is in the hd2 section please post thare! or pm me! if you have any talent services or advice to offer!

link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1278511

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xda doesn't support piracy.

Sent from my Touch-IT HD7 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

he ment a WP7 Version of CYDIA :)

We need to edit the main post with so we know what is needed:

(Examples)

Currently:
    • Creating Website
    • Bla bla bka

Needed:
    1. Webserver
    2. 10 devs
    3. 20 testers
    4. a new way to get interop