1,143 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,584

By benkxda, Recognized Contributor on 28th July 2013, 05:05 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
2nd August 2013, 10:42 PM |#21  
Flag Alabama
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Posting this here as this is a stupid way of making a "recovery", but its something. I ran the Chromecast Recovery image through koush's CWM recovery builder, and this is what came out. Haven't personally tested it due to time, but it removed a good bit of data, I'm guessing it won't work. You're welcome to try though.
Code:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/*
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead TVs, thermonuclear
 * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these
 * directions. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and
 * if you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will
 * laugh at you and give you a fluffy pony.
 */
Bulder Recovery
Original Recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to otto888 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift otto888 Ad-Free

3rd August 2013, 02:04 AM |#22  
OP Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjarnsynk

Perhaps you wanna add a link to the apk as well for all us foreigners importing the Chromecast. It was posted in this thread, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2378257

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

Another useful link, Chromecast software update announcements/changelogs: http://googlechromereleases.blogspot...t%20Update?m=1

Thanks, added. You're right, for foreigners, it's the only possible source. For me (still no Chromecast available), I can find the app in the Play Store, even it is not listed, if you search for Google Inc. apps, but it tells me, none of my devices is compatible. So thanks for this hint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto888

Posting this here as this is a stupid way of making a "recovery", but its something. I ran the Chromecast Recovery image through koush's CWM recovery builder, and this is what came out. Haven't personally tested it due to time, but it removed a good bit of data, I'm guessing it won't work. You're welcome to try though.

Code:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/*
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead TVs, thermonuclear
 * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these
 * directions. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and
 * if you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will
 * laugh at you and give you a fluffy pony.
 */
Bulder Recovery
Original Recovery

Well, would like to see a recovery and starting from this, maybe there is much more possible. Maybe you start a thread about it?
3rd August 2013, 10:20 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Interesting device
Definately interesting device. But I would expect more.
4th August 2013, 01:02 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 215

More
Powered OTG Cable
Can you please add link to the type of powered OTG cable needed to root it? Thanks in advance!
4th August 2013, 12:49 PM |#25  
Flag Alabama

More
Here is the cable that I bought. I'm sure you can find one cheaper elsewhere, but this one works.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to otto888 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift otto888 Ad-Free
4th August 2013, 05:29 PM |#26  
OP Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto888

Here is the cable that I bought. I'm sure you can find one cheaper elsewhere, but this one works.

Is this just a normal USB OTG? I bought one for tablet/smartphones for using mouse/keyboard and usb memory stick. Any USB OTG should work or are there differences?
4th August 2013, 07:39 PM |#27  
Flag Alabama

More
The Chromecast needs an OTG cable that can accept an external power source, like the one I linked to.
7th August 2013, 04:53 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
The rest of the world
Does anyone know if there are any dates for rolling these out to Australasia?
7th August 2013, 04:28 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Public edits to Chromecast Content Partners Google Spreadsheet need to be disabled. Some idiots destroying it on purpose. Ehhhh
7th August 2013, 05:57 PM |#30  
Flag Boise, ID
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nozyczek

Public edits to Chromecast Content Partners Google Spreadsheet need to be disabled. Some idiots destroying it on purpose. Ehhhh

Done Switched it to public comments for now, if those get spammed I'll have to remove them. I'm looking for moderators now who can be editors with me. Let me know if you'd be willing to help
7th August 2013, 06:40 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I'm willing to help.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread