FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] [44433.001 - 2015-11-15] Eureka-ROM - Based on OTA 44433

105 posts
Thanks Meter: 319
 
Post Reply Email Thread
21st December 2013, 06:56 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag Durban
Thanks Meter: 112
 
More
Holy fudge Batman! I saw the thread, went to my Chromecast and boom updated without my knowing! Thanks for the awesome update .

One question, how do I set my own DNS? I see there is a option to enable or disable, if I disable and reboot the device will I get the option to set it manually?
 
 
21st December 2013, 07:07 AM |#12  
Kyonz's Avatar
Senior Member
Auckland, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 271
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakha56

Holy fudge Batman! I saw the thread, went to my Chromecast and boom updated without my knowing! Thanks for the awesome update .

One question, how do I set my own DNS? I see there is a option to enable or disable, if I disable and reboot the device will I get the option to set it manually?

Click Disable on "Use DHCP" under DNS, then set DNS Provider to Other (please specify) and upon hitting apply you'll see a place to put your custom DNS in.

If you have any issues let me know we have plans to AJAX it and make it nicer but it should be working properly for you. Also no reboot is required for changing DNS provider (although entries cached may not be cleared until a reset of course).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kyonz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kyonz Ad-Free
21st December 2013, 07:12 AM |#13  
kingfiras's Avatar
Member
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
I am using your other ROM .. Just checked and still on build 13300 .. Will we eventually get the update ota or do I need to download this and flash per instructions in op. Thanks for the great work

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st December 2013, 07:15 AM |#14  
Kyonz's Avatar
Senior Member
Auckland, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 271
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfiras

I am using your other ROM .. Just checked and still on build 13300 .. Will we eventually get the update ota or do I need to download this and flash per instructions in op. Thanks for the great work

Thanks for your kind words.

If you reboot your chromecast it should download approx after 5min of booting (if you are running a pwndcast rom with OTA enabled) or you can reflash it using the download without any issues. Either way is fine - just if you flash ensure you are running the latest version of FlashCast as listed in the OP as it is required to flash this rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kyonz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kyonz Ad-Free
21st December 2013, 07:15 AM |#15  
Senior Member
Flag Durban
Thanks Meter: 112
 
More
Well it applied everything without a problem. Just wish the Netflix app ran locally on Chromecast that way I would not have to set my router to use Unlocator's DNS but small steps .

My temp is also reading 51'C :P but I did make it drop 2'C by using the extender cable and having it rest against the wall which has a cooler ambient temp.
21st December 2013, 07:21 AM |#16  
Kyonz's Avatar
Senior Member
Auckland, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 271
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakha56

My temp is also reading 51'C :P but I did make it drop 2'C by using the extender cable and having it rest against the wall which has a cooler ambient temp.

I'm not sure what is considered a safe operating temperature but my main development CC runs at 58 C most of the time so I wouldn't be too worried.
21st December 2013, 07:23 AM |#17  
Senior Member
Flag Durban
Thanks Meter: 112
 
More
Yeah I am not too concerned either. It's just interesting how hot these little guys get .
21st December 2013, 07:33 AM |#18  
kingfiras's Avatar
Member
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyonz

Thanks for your kind words.

If you reboot your chromecast it should download approx after 5min of booting (if you are running a pwndcast rom with OTA enabled) or you can reflash it using the download without any issues. Either way is fine - just if you flash ensure you are running the latest version of FlashCast as listed in the OP as it is required to flash this rom.

Man .. You guys rock .. As you described it .. After I rebooted it updated .. Worked like a charm .. High five!

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st December 2013, 07:38 AM |#19  
bhiga's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,023
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyonz

I'm not sure what is considered a safe operating temperature but my main development CC runs at 58 C most of the time so I wouldn't be too worried.

I couldn't find any documentation on the Marvell Armada 1500-mini (88DE3005) SoC that stated operating temperatures, but I did find this Engadget article mentioning a laundry list of video formats the chip can decode (of course that doesn't mean Google has enabled them all).

Temperature-wise I wouldn't be concerned unless it gets into the 70s...
The Following User Says Thank You to bhiga For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bhiga Ad-Free
21st December 2013, 10:01 AM |#20  
stewwmann's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Very cool,I had not updated since v1 so I had to update Flashcast first, but everything went silky smooth....
21st December 2013, 10:07 AM |#21  
Kyonz's Avatar
Senior Member
Auckland, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 271
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewwmann

Very cool,I had not updated since v1 so I had to update Flashcast first, but everything went silky smooth....

Good to hear! I'm hoping this release gives people enough of a reason to update their old devices as we bring in new features and ease of management
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes