[KERNEL] SpeedMod Captivate [K13E HPCall VoodooSnd7 SharpnessFix STABLE]

3,435 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,159

By hardcore, Senior Member on 30th December 2010, 10:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th January 2011, 05:30 PM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
They are just different modems. See which one works best in your area and stick with it.

17th January 2011, 05:49 PM |#1002  
Flag Corbin,Ky.
Thanks Meter: 106

More
I just Flashed to "O" of Speedmod to Darky 8.1 and I notice now when I Hit a Widget to open something or when I move from one Dock screen to another or pull down Notification Bar I don't have the "Click" sound. Where is the setting for this so I can check to see if "O" turned something OFF or "O" screwed something up.

Edit: Well all sound is off expect Ringer. Everything work perfect last night,I don't think it SpeedMod but that the only thing I have changed and this started. I have even Flashed Back to "N". It no big deal Flashing everything again but thought that there might be a quick fix before I did that.

Edit: This is weird. I can plug in Headphone and the Sound now comes from the Phone but no sound in Headphone. Unplug Headphones all sound stops?

Thanks
17th January 2011, 06:34 PM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonH54

I just Flashed to "O" of Speedmod to Darky 8.1 and I notice now when I Hit a Widget to open something or when I move from one Dock screen to another or pull down Notification Bar I don't have the "Click" sound. Where is the setting for this so I can check to see if "O" turned something OFF or "O" screwed something up.

Edit: Well all sound is off expect Ringer. Everything work perfect last night,I don't think it SpeedMod but that the only thing I have changed and this started. I have even Flashed Back to "N". It no big deal Flashing everything again but thought that there might be a quick fix before I did that.

Edit: This is weird. I can plug in Headphone and the Sound now comes from the Phone but no sound in Headphone. Unplug Headphones all sound stops?

Thanks

Maybe its in silent mode?
17th January 2011, 06:35 PM |#1004  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe08

Hey hardcore, it would be useful if you posted a specific changelog for each version in the paradise page. (were all the version are) because if I come one day and see a newer version, the changelog in the OP incorporates many versions so it is confusing. I usually just look for your post announcing the new version but sometimes it takes me a while because I have to go back a couple of pages.

Thanks

There is a changelog here:
http://touristinparadise.blogspot.co...od-kernel.html
17th January 2011, 06:39 PM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Hey hardcore! Awsome work... can you help me with somehing and save me some time?

I am going to a disturbed/korn concert on wednesday, and I want to shoot some vids with my cappy. The last show I went to and recorded some, the mic gain was still stock and sounded like a$$...

I think you know where I'm going with this! Is there a way to adjust the mic level on the go to accomidate metal concerts? heh
17th January 2011, 06:50 PM |#1006  
USA

More
Thanks for the help with the modems. It worked fine once I had the correct cwm.

However,
How do we revert back to stock and away from the speedmod kernel? I've decided I would rather have BT functionality than faster speeds.

I'm not near a PC, so a CWM zip would be easiest

I can't find anything besides flashing an alternative kernel...if there are any with BT working, that would be fine.

Thanks a ton!!!!!!!
17th January 2011, 06:55 PM |#1007  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by keller.jeff

Hey hardcore! Awsome work... can you help me with somehing and save me some time?

I am going to a disturbed/korn concert on wednesday, and I want to shoot some vids with my cappy. The last show I went to and recorded some, the mic gain was still stock and sounded like a$$...

I think you know where I'm going with this! Is there a way to adjust the mic level on the go to accomidate metal concerts? heh

The mic gain in speedmod is already reduced. It should help a lot but probably not 100% distortion free. Let us know how it works out for u.
17th January 2011, 06:55 PM |#1008  
Thanks Meter: 1,230

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TazMan1688

How do we revert back to stock and away from the speedmod kernel? I've decided I would rather have BT functionality than faster speeds.

Thanks a ton!!!!!!!

Bluetooth works fine with this kernel
17th January 2011, 06:59 PM |#1009  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TazMan1688

Thanks a ton!!!!!!!

I usually just grab the zimage from the updates folder (in zip file from rom of your choice) and place it on the cwm zip of other kernel (ex: speedmod.zip)
I do this with root explorer..
The Following User Says Thank You to Mkarin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mkarin Ad-Free
17th January 2011, 07:10 PM |#1010  
USA

More
I would love to get this working with my BT calls. All I receive is static. The FAQ says an i9000 modem has to be used to avoid this. I used the JK4 modem and still received static during calls. My bt audio streaming works fine.

Mkarin, I am trying to get back to cog 3.01 status. So the best way to get back to the status that is intended for the rom, is to reflash that rom? As I am not trying to use any other kernels...nor can I find the bone stock kernel lol

Thanks a ton for helping out with this!
17th January 2011, 07:11 PM |#1011  
Flag FL
Thanks Meter: 86

More
screen backlight auto adjust works quicker / smoother for me in K12O - thanks HC

via my Captivate running the latest stable flashy bits I could find
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)