3,435 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,159

By hardcore, Senior Member on 30th December 2010, 10:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st December 2010, 05:41 PM |#101  
Flag Atlanta GA
Thanks Meter: 1,351

More
Did anyone try the backup and restore features with lagfix enabled.

31st December 2010, 05:43 PM |#102  
Recognized Developer
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 8,320

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeon47

This might be a silly question, but if I'm running an I9000 based ROM like Assonance on a Captivate, which version should I use? Somehow it isn't lining up in my brain correctly.

Use the Captivate version, its the exact same as the i9000 version but its modded to work on the Captivate (screen orientation is corrected...button mapping is corrected..etc)

Captivate Version- Is an i9000 kernel modded to work on our Captivates, uses Xcaliburinhands reoriented code so the screen rotates correctly, button mapping corrected...etc...

i9000 Version- Is for the actual i9000, if used on Captivate, alot of things will NOT work correctly
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to existz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st December 2010, 05:44 PM |#103  
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 33

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoymutt

Just curious -- are you still using the JJ4 modem as well, or did you switch to another modem in the process? (I didn't see what ROM you were running in your sig)

Still running the JJ4 modem; gonna flash a new modem in a bit, since the calls have quite a bit of static. Haven't tested bluetooth yet.
31st December 2010, 05:44 PM |#104  
Flag Centereach
Thanks Meter: 878

More
Im running it if anyone wants the 256 version I have it in my dropbox and i could post right away if wanted.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA
App
31st December 2010, 05:48 PM |#105  
Flag Atlanta GA
Thanks Meter: 1,351

More
One question: if a call comes in, I need to press the power button to silence it. In stock it used to be the volume buttons. Is this a feature of the kernel or of the rom. If this is a feature of the rom, could u pls update this to use the volume buttons to silence the incoming calls.
31st December 2010, 05:49 PM |#106  
Recognized Developer
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 8,320

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davwman

Im running it if anyone wants the 256 version I have it in my dropbox and i could post right away if wanted.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA
App

I stand corrected.. Hardcore must have posted it then pulled it right away cause ive been on here all day..

EDIT- is that k12g or k12h?
31st December 2010, 05:55 PM |#107  
Flag Centereach

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by existz

I stand corrected.. Hardcore must have posted it then pulled it right away cause ive been on here all day..

Not a problem, let me know if you want it.

I ran it for 5 hours and only lost 10% battery. I am running the 500 version now to see how it does.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
31st December 2010, 06:05 PM |#108  
Flag The Internet
Thanks Meter: 511

Donate to Me
More
Just installed smoothly. No trouble at all. Lower quadrant score, but I really don't care much. Thanks to those who helped. I'll post again with battery results after I finish topping-up. I'm gonna see if it can last through our new year's eve party.
31st December 2010, 06:06 PM |#109  
Flag Centereach

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by existz

EDIT- is that k12g or k12h?

K12g

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
31st December 2010, 06:17 PM |#110  
Flag FL
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeon47

Just installed smoothly. No trouble at all. Lower quadrant score, but I really don't care much. Thanks to those who helped. I'll post again with battery results after I finish topping-up. I'm gonna see if it can last through our new year's eve party.

dungeon - all the speed tweaks and lagfix are not enabled by default. you need to go into the special recovery menu and enable these... mine flies.... if you like to see those quadrant-type measurements, then enable the speed tweaks, reboot, and test again... should go up a lot. hth
The Following User Says Thank You to jaxf250 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jaxf250 Ad-Free
31st December 2010, 06:36 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I had a couple issues, I was using the 500hz on cesars rom (thought that was okay, but it was late and I was tired last night), jk4 modem.

1. auto rotation put the phone into landscape permanently

2. home button worked only as back button

3. holding home button didnt pop up task mananger and last apps

4. no sounds on games (angry birds)

5. phone locked up when trying to make a back up, but i still had a=e4 enabled so yeah ( never had aproblem before)

So i reflashed and did this 3 times to make sure it wasnt a bad flash, same thing happened ever time.

I have flashed many roms, kernels, modems, and my own themes, and this is the first time i have had an issue

just reporting Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)