[STOCK ROM] Odin3 One-Click Downloader and Drivers CAPTIVATE ONLY

Search This thread

sejin

Jul 7, 2008
1. i opened odin
2. i removed/inserted battery so phone is off

now comes the problems.
1. i put the usb cable into the phone, and the black screen with computer/phone/"!" sign shows up.
2. i hold down and power, the black screen with computer/phone/"!" sign shows up.
3. i hold down and power right when i insert the usb cable, the black screen with computer/phone/"!" sign shows up.

i cannot enter downloading mode. i really appreciate your assistance, but i cannot get into the yelllow digger

designgears

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2010
SLC
i did exactly what u said, remove battery completely, insert battery, hold down first, then press power until it powers up. i get the same issue. a black screen with a graphic that looks like this:

(phone graphic)- - - yellow sign with "!" mark - - - (computer graphic)

I am doing a friends phone and this just happened to me too!! I followed some of the other suggestions, no dice... anyone have any idea how to get out of that?

igm503

Jun 15, 2010
cybertron
haha were all in the same boat same thing happened with me. its very weird that it wont go into download mode

mcvert

Jul 20, 2010
Stanford, CA
ok i did that..now i'm stuck. i have a computer and phone icon with a yellow sign in between. nothing happens. did i just brick my phone?? HELP :((((

don't worry.
just do it again. if you completely unplug your phone and remove the battery, you should be able to put the battery back in and boot it back into download mode (android guy with a shovel) by holding volume down + power button.

EDIT: haha i forgot to refresh my page and now there are like 15 more posts all with the same problem.
did any of you flash to the vibrant firmware by any chance? if so then you'd have to do volume up + power button to get into download mode
just keep trying... and make sure that only the battery is in. you should be pressing the buttons before you see the picture of the phone and computer.

Last edited:

designgears

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2010
SLC
don't worry.
just do it again. if you completely unplug your phone and remove the battery, you should be able to put the battery back in and boot it back into download mode (android guy with a shovel) by holding volume down + power button.

no matter how you power it on it always goes to that phone..!..computer screen.

M

Muhamadabdelaall

1. i opened odin
2. i removed/inserted battery so phone is off

now comes the problems.
1. i put the usb cable into the phone, and the black screen with computer/phone/"!" sign shows up.
2. i hold down and power, the black screen with computer/phone/"!" sign shows up.
3. i hold down and power right when i insert the usb cable, the black screen with computer/phone/"!" sign shows up.

i cannot enter downloading mode. i really appreciate your assistance, but i cannot get into the yelllow digger

im having same problem as sejn

My phone doesn't go to "Download" mode ate all after 30 times of trial! any help?

mcvert

Jul 20, 2010
Stanford, CA
it doesnt work because the the divice isnt detected by the computer as it isnt booted

makes sense.
i dunno what to say... i used to have the same exact problem, with my phone stuck with that image... i just kept trying to put it in download mode and it eventually worked.

what i did exactly was unplug the usb, take out the battery, take out the sim card, wait maybe like 10 seconds, put the battery back in and immediately hold volume down and power at the same time.

sejin

Jul 7, 2008
mcvert what message did u get while u did yours? after file analysis?

Last edited:

DailyApper

Jul 18, 2010
makes sense.
i dunno what to say... i used to have the same exact problem, with my phone stuck with that image... i just kept trying to put it in download mode and it eventually worked.

what i did exactly was unplug the usb, take out the battery, take out the sim card, wait maybe like 10 seconds, put the battery back in and immediately hold volume down and power at the same time.

where along the line did you plug it back in?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING: "MASTER CLEAR" WILL WIPE YOUR BUILT-IN STORAGE!
    I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device.

What is this?:
    If you see the "phone+!+computer" screen, you need this! If you deleted something you shouldn't have and can't get it back on your phone, this is probably your best bet. This is the Odin3 One-Click Downloader for restoring your phone from a completely software bricked state, or for whatever purpose you see fit to use it for. You don't have to change any settings, it is all pre-packaged and ready to go.

If this has helped you out, please consider buying me a beer!

How to use:

1. Download and install the correct drivers below (mac and linux don't need drivers)
    2. Plug in your usb cable to your phone and computer
    3. Open Odin
    4. Enter Download Mode (see below)
    5. Click Start
    6. Be Patient, the first boot will take a while

How to use Master Clear:

1. Boot your phone up normally with usb debugging on
    2. Click Master Clear

How to enter download mode:
    Method 1:(ADB - from recovery or normally booted with usb debugging on)
    1. Open a cmd prompt/console/shell
    2. adb shell
    3. adb reboot download
    Method 2:(KEY COMBO)
    • Remove the battery, sim card, sdcard if you have one
    • Insert the battery
    • Hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power
    Method 3:(KEY COMBO)
    • Remove the battery, sim card, sdcard if you have one
    • Insert the battery
    • Hold both Volume buttons (from i9000 just down, don't touch the power button)
    • Plug in the USB cable and continue holding both Volume buttons

Drivers:
    Windows 64bit
    Windows 32bit

I897UCJF6 - Odin3 One-Click Downloader:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0w2y31maz8mdom4
    http://www.multiupload.com/XAZUYNXSC1

The internal beta's are NOT one-click, please read the linked threads
    UPDATE: I897UCJH2 (Internal BETA)
    You can get it here

UPDATE: I897UCJH3 (Internal BETA)
    You can get it here
    I uploaded this on my Fileserve account if anyone needs a working link:

http://www.fileserve.com/file/emnCn2j
    Did it stay on "File analysis" for a long time?

if you're getting that, quit and unplug the phone, take out the battery so it's completely dead (and take out the sim card while you're at it)

then put back just the battery and put the phone into download mode (volume down + power)

then run odin and THEN plug in the phone. you have to do it in the right order otherwise it gets stuck on file analysis. go figure.
    Right-clicked the app and chose "Run as administrator"? I can't think of anything else other than to try CP3P0LOL's odin 2.1 package, which is safer anyway, because it includes the 3 button combo fix.

Tried the administrator route... no go. I'll give the other way a shot tomorrow since I've got an early start to the day.

Thanks!
    Your phone is likely not bricked. Get or create a jig to get your phone into download mode.

The rest is easy: running the Odin package in this thread, rooting your phone, and installing CWM are all the steps you need to install CyanogenMod.

The root files and CWM files are attached for when you reach that point. Each should be renamed to update.zip and placed in the SD card root directory of your phone. Reboot into recovery (easiest is via adb reboot recovery but that requires a fair amount of configuration to get working) and select the reinstall packages option both times; root first, then CWM.

You don't need to root first, just use the cwm zip then flash whatever Rom you want, the Rom will be rooted, rooting before installing cwm to simply flash a Rom is like wiping before you poop