Problems with Screen Backlight

Search This thread

Endlessknight

Dec 12, 2010
The back-light on my Desire HD screen randomly goes out, the screen is still on and if you look hard enough you can still see the image on the screen. If I put a little pressure on the screen, usually at the bottom by the HTC logo blow the menu button. it comes back on but often goes right back out if if I don't maintain the pressure.

Anyone know how to fix this? I'm guessing that it's just a little bit of soldering that's loose. I really don't want to get rid of this phone so any help would be great appreciated.

derDoctor

Apr 19, 2012
not that terrible

if you use your phone for a longer time you now without looking on it where the hardware keys are located so it is not that bad

just use your phone;)

asif9t9

Oct 29, 2011
I only get that when using my phone as a GPS with Google maps. It's frustrating. It also doesn't happen everytime, but it did yesterday.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Endlessknight

Dec 12, 2010
Yeah it really sucks. I just tried a hard shell case hoping that would put enough pressure on the phone to stop this issue but it didn't work. I guess I've reached on the end of the line with my Desire HD. Sucks 'cause I really was looking forward to running ICS on it.

commando0

Mar 5, 2008
Islamabad
using google maps its normal that screen dims after some time and then screen turns off & auto locks ........

with no display
to turn on display have to use power button .

how ever not checked it in navigation mode ........