[ROM][12/20/11] Virtuous Sensation v2.2.3 :: Enhanced/Optimized ROM (1.73.401.2)

What kernel better?

• Stock HTC

Votes: 297 44.3%
  • UNITY V5

Votes: 373 55.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

efebe

Jun 27, 2010
HTC Leo
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II
I have read all the posts concerning battery drain, but anyone still has this problem with the kernel that this rom comes with? ... i had to use another one in order to fix this problem :( ... if its just me, please let me know so i can see how to fix this... btw, this is the best GB rom for Sensation ;) !!

PamelaGirl

Jul 10, 2011
Really enjoying the ROM!

Has anyone had any success with installing a transparent status bar with this ROM?
I really miss having a transparent status bar...

T.I.A.

PamelaGirl

Jul 10, 2011
Hello again,

I'm noticed I am still on v2.1
Is there a way to update to 2.2.3 without downloading the large 387MB file?

Still looking to see what the update offers to determine if the update is worth it.
Where can I find the update changes from v2.1 to v.2.2.3?

T.I.A.

einrae214

Jan 17, 2011
Columbus, O.H.
Try the virtuous website it has the download link there. And yes it is a lot smoother and better performance. Currently not using this rom but have in the past.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

Reactions: PamelaGirl

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cded79f98dc691cd5aba36e223f1b07a.jpg

Virtuous Sensation is a custom ROM for the HTC Pyramid series of phones (Sensation, Sensation XE, etc.). The goal is to provide a simple, Sense-based, mostly-stock ROM based on the official Sensation Sense ROM with essential bug fixes and only subtle enhancements.

• Based off the official Sensation ROM (WWE 1.73.401.2), deodexed and zipaligned.

• Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.

• Enhanced reboot options built-in, allowing for booting into recovery, bootloader, hot boot, etc.

• Bricked kernel with overclocking daemon (no need for SetCPU/Tuner). Screen Off: 192000 / 1188000 (conservative). Screen On: 192000 / 1512000 (ondemand).

• IO optimizations including the use of ext4 with writeback journaling for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.

• Updated versions of all Market-available apps.

• All Market-installable apps installed in /data/app. These apps are automatically installed for you both on initial install and after a factory reset/wipe. There are custom scripts to use Android's package manager (pm) to manage these apps, which ensures they are installed properly.

• Bloatware, defined as anything you could easily choose to download from the Market yourself, has been removed.

• Advanced quick settings, allowing for the configuration of options listed in this tab.

• Overscroll glow effect, tastefully done using white, to match any theme or background.

• The popular CRT off animation. We have intentionally omitted CRT on, as Sense 3.x provides impressive power on animations itself.

• Customized camera application with bitrate selection and support for using mp4 containers.

• Several custom themes, including Slate3D (CypiS), AmazingSense (CypiS), Revolution (he_stheone64) and Honey3D (he_stheone64).

• Automated battery calibration. Just plug your phone in after a wipe and charge it to full (preferably overnight), then let our script do the rest.

• Over the air updates via ROM Manager.

Credits and Acknowledgements
    • Virtuous Team - This is all a collaborative effort, everyone on the team plays a key role in producing our ROMs, kernels and apps.
    • show-p1984 - Bricked Kernel.
    • Football - Countless original RUUs.
    • mike1986 - Dual core fix for Virtuous OC.
    • he_stheone64 - Additional themes: Revolution and Honey3D.

Official Support Disclaimer

Users of this ROM are welcome and encouraged to assist one another in this thread. However, support from the development team will not be offered here. For that, please visit our official forums.

Reserved for future use.
    * Virtuous Sensation, or any components therein, may not be ported to other devices without explicit email approval from the development team. We will be approving ports, presuming the develop of a given port is ready and willing to follow the same revision control and release processes currently employed existing devices.

That seems a bit over the top when you consider that the source posted for the kernel in this ROM is demonstrably swiped from my repo without credit or asking. Ultimately, I don't mind you kanging my code (you'll find it in every other 8x60 kernel released so, whatever). What I do mind is self-righteous indignation about something while doing it yourselves.

Oh, and by the way, building from your source, using your config (notably missing from your code...) results in bootloops. This leads me to believe that your posted source does not match your released product. You might want to look into that before someone starts talking about GPL violations.
    Reserved for future use.