Well, here's one more ROM for you guys: Megatron.
Why the name? Seemed only logical considering the name of our device, Optimus One.
It's basically a ROM tweaked for performance while retaining a decent battery usage. Also, with this ROM, you won't need to flash any other tweaks.
I daresay it's so far the speediest ROM for LG P500.
- to be updated
- root + superuser + busybox
- APKs deodexed + zipaligned + png-optimized
- apps2sd + dalvik2sd 
- performance tweaks: (JIT, hardware acceleration, etc) 
- includes drellisdee's custom kernel 
- kernel repacked to set onboot the scheduler to interactive (tweak)
- applications removed: App Advisor, Layar, Twitter, Facebook, LG Home, Think Office, Update notifications and Twitter 
- applications changed: Genie widget (now transparent), Music (imported from CM)
- applications added: Titanium backup, File Manager (imported from CM) and the awesome LauncherPro 
- ringtones, notification and alarm sounds added (including iPhone ones)
- changed boot animation to a more cute one
- auto-overclock to 728Mhz and possibility to easily revert (minitron tweak) 
 Rather than move_cache_sd program used in another ROMs, I use another method for moving dalvik-cache to SDcard since sometimes using the aforementioned program won't work successfully. It's a known issue of Dsixda's kitchen.
 Heapsize: 32MB; without a doubt the best value.
 Check the original thread here and if you can, buy him some beer.
 I left CarHome due to popular demand.
 Titanium backup will allow you to uninstall any system application and to backup the ones you install. LauncherPro is in my opinion, way better (performance-wise) than ADW.
 As far as I've read, 728Mhz is stable for everyone til now.
In order to flash this ROM, you'll need on your device:
- Having read the feature list and notes above
- Root (check thread)
- Drellisdee's custom recovery (check thread)
- Class 4 SDcard or higher (bench it with h2testw)
- Megatron (download it here)
How to flash:
First, reboot into recovery via 3-button-combo, ADB, terminal, w/e.
- Partition SDcard (swap: 0, ext: 512), ext2-ext3, then ext3-ext4 it.
- Wipe data (data,cache,dalvik-cache,ext).
- Connect the device to PC, copy Megatron over to the SDcard, disconnect.
- Flash it via "flash zip from sdcard"
- Read important notes below
* There were some reports on other ROMs that battery usage was very high, especially on standby. While this ROM should perform better, it won't still have as good battery usage as stock ROM mainly due to the scaling governor being set to interactive. Also because of this reason, benchmarks could be slightly lower. I however promise that the overall experience and snappiness will be quite satisfying.
* I've made an easy and friendly way to decrease the clock back to stock 600Mhz. Instead of needing to use SetCPU, you just need to create a folder in your SDcard called "minitron" (without the ""), then reboot your phone. Your clock will be now back to 600Mhz. If you wish to revert it to the default 728Mhz, just delete the folder and reboot your phone again. Since the voltage is the same for both clocks, battery consumption should be around the same too. If for some odd reason, you get a boot loop, it means your phone doesn't support (*gasp*) a 728Mhz clock. To avoid a boot loop, go back to the custom recovery, toggle sdcard-pc connection and create the "minitron" (without the "") folder. Reboot, should be fine.
* Remember, you won't need to flash anything else. Everything's here.
As you already know, I cannot be held responsible for any damage you may cause to your phone by following these instructions. Every step taken is of your entire responsability.
* "I noticed that the phone was another! much better performance! I did all the tests and there are no problems!"
* "This Rom is just... Amazing!!!"
* "Feedback: working nicely untill now. So far so good - the best ROM yet"
* "Great work , phone is workin faster and booting 2times better now great work."
* "So far I can say it is arguably fast. Phone is super snappy and responsive."
Time to see for yourself.
Just remember, it's still an experimental ROM.