Thanks Meter: 1,448

By josteink, Senior Member on 3rd June 2013, 07:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th June 2013, 11:35 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oslo

More
Just to be clear: I've tested the following things, and as far as I can tell, it all works as it should:
  • Flash ROM-files and ZIPs from both internal and microSD card
  • Flash from both internal and microSD at the same time
  • Wiping cache/dalvik
  • Backup partitions (tested all but /data)
  • Restore partitions (tested all but /data)
  • Using keyboard dock (has to be connected when booting to recovery)
  • Soft keyboard
  • Using terminal
  • Using adb while in recovery

If you find something you think I've missed, I really want to know. If you find anything which worked in 2.3.2.3 but doesn't work in this build, I want to know.

If everything works just fine, do let me know as well.

Dees_Troy from Team Win has more than hinted that if this build works well, it can be made into an official release. So feedback is very much welcome at this stage.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to josteink For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift josteink Ad-Free

4th June 2013, 12:02 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oslo

More
Also: Added flashable ZIP for people who want to flash this from their existing recovery.

It's untested, so if you want to use it, make sure you know how to revert back to a working recovery in case things go wrong
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to josteink For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift josteink Ad-Free
4th June 2013, 12:55 PM |#13  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Saturn III
Thanks Meter: 2,078

Donate to Me
More
Great to see this build up!
Will flash this asap, good work.
4th June 2013, 01:39 PM |#14  
Flag Crégy-Les-Meaux
Thanks Meter: 29

Donate to Me
More
Hi. Do y ou if working with tf101 g model b70+ ? Does it work with Aroma ?

Envoyé depuis mon XT925
4th June 2013, 01:44 PM |#15  
Flag portland
Thanks Meter: 20

More
zip not working
Quote:
Originally Posted by josteink

Also: Added flashable ZIP for people who want to flash this from their existing recovery.

It's untested, so if you want to use it, make sure you know how to revert back to a working recovery in case things go wrong

just wanted u to know. it could be me but not going thru. it says it installs and to cmplete reboot to finish. after it finishes loading i go back to recovery and still on 2.3. whatever. thx for ur work any ways.. been using ur rom for a while now. really appreciate everything. looking forward trying again
The Following User Says Thank You to harwood0808 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift harwood0808 Ad-Free
4th June 2013, 01:53 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oslo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood0808

just wanted u to know. it could be me but not going thru. it says it installs and to cmplete reboot to finish. after it finishes loading i go back to recovery and still on 2.3. whatever. thx for ur work any ways.. been using ur rom for a while now. really appreciate everything. looking forward trying again

You need to reboot normally, as in reboot back to the ROM. After the ROM has booted, the new recovery has been installed from /staging. Then you should be able to reboot into a new 2.5.0.0 recovery.

To verify that this is happening, you should see a blue progress bar under the Asus logo when you boot into the ROM. If no such bar is there, something is indeed not working.

That said: I havent tested it myself yet, so there might be bugs in my updater-script.
4th June 2013, 01:55 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oslo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephane.papin

Hi. Do y ou if working with tf101 g model b70+ ? Does it work with Aroma ?

Envoyé depuis mon XT925

I see no reason it shouldnt work with TF101G models, but it has "TF101" written in its build.prop, so it might not be able to install TF101G roms.

No idea about Aroma, but I guess it might work. Someone feel free to test and report back.
4th June 2013, 02:04 PM |#18  
Flag portland
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by josteink

You need to reboot normally, as in reboot back to the ROM. After the ROM has booted, the new recovery has been installed from /staging. Then you should be able to reboot into a new 2.5.0.0 recovery.

To verify that this is happening, you should see a blue progress bar under the Asus logo when you boot into the ROM. If no such bar is there, something is indeed not working.

That said: I havent tested it myself yet, so there might be bugs in my updater-script.

yeah. i did that didnt see progress bar and have tried from cwm recovery and tw 2.3 as well
The Following User Says Thank You to harwood0808 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift harwood0808 Ad-Free
4th June 2013, 02:10 PM |#19  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Saturn III
Thanks Meter: 2,078

Donate to Me
More
Flashing with blob file works like a charm.
Well done!!!
4th June 2013, 02:18 PM |#20  
Flag Foshan, China
Thanks Meter: 1,797

More
Zip version not working also. Using twrp 2221

How to flash the blob version? Could someone drop a note on the procedure?
Installed 2221 version through goo so no idea on how to do this.

Thx guys

Sent from my Transformer using xda premium
4th June 2013, 03:00 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oslo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood0808

yeah. i did that didnt see progress bar and have tried from cwm recovery and tw 2.3 as well

Ok. Cool. Thanks for reporting in. Will look into it when I get home.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
recovery, tf101, twrp, twrp 2.5.0.0

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)