14th October 2013, 04:12 AM |#411  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 565

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

Do please test things (in the state they are meant to be used, i.e. pre-jailbreak) before posting them!

With that said, there are ways to bypass PS restrictions in RT. 8,1 closed many of them, but I believe there are some that still work. The script will need tweaking but is probably still usable.

That is vbscript, not PS. There is no need for a PS exploit, PS can use runas just fine.

15th October 2013, 09:10 AM |#412  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey,

is the (new) jailbreak working on a 8.1 device?

Thanks!!
15th October 2013, 10:30 AM |#413  
Flag Denver

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbidy

Hey,

is the (new) jailbreak working on a 8.1 device?

Thanks!!

Don't be lazy, search.
The Following User Says Thank You to netham45 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift netham45 Ad-Free
16th October 2013, 06:41 PM |#414  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
So I guess that's the good moment for disabling automatic updates for a while
17th October 2013, 01:35 PM |#415  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitor

So I guess that's the good moment for disabling automatic updates for a while

Windows 8.1 didn't auto-update.
17th October 2013, 02:09 PM |#416  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hisoft

Windows 8.1 didn't auto-update.

Right, that is my understanding as well, that it is a manual update from either the windows store or if you downloaded the ISO (the latter of which is probably unofficial). It'd be really annoying if it did auto update as I have no intention of upgrading unless a way to run third-party desktop apps is found (aka jailbreak it). Thank goodness I'm not an Outlook user (though Kudos to MS for releasing Outlook RT as a proper desktop application), and I haven't seen anything in 8.1 as yet that would outweigh the loss of an unlocked desktop (and potentially USB wired Ethernet, haven't heard if that's been resolved).
18th October 2013, 06:39 PM |#417  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy
Failed on RT 8.1
18th October 2013, 07:16 PM |#418  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMU

Failed on RT 8.1

O'rly?
18th October 2013, 07:51 PM |#419  
Flag Providence
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by domboy

Right, that is my understanding as well, that it is a manual update from either the windows store or if you downloaded the ISO (the latter of which is probably unofficial). It'd be really annoying if it did auto update as I have no intention of upgrading unless a way to run third-party desktop apps is found (aka jailbreak it). Thank goodness I'm not an Outlook user (though Kudos to MS for releasing Outlook RT as a proper desktop application), and I haven't seen anything in 8.1 as yet that would outweigh the loss of an unlocked desktop (and potentially USB wired Ethernet, haven't heard if that's been resolved).

According to the Plugable site 8.1 borks the Ethernet driver we all love. f'in Microsoft.... "Apple makes a pile of Money, lets be like them... lets do nothing they do well ,and all the stuff everyone hates about them... yeah, that's the best approach to make money like Apple". .. idiots. grr.
(ok sorry, 'nuff whining from me)

--Chris
18th October 2013, 09:38 PM |#420  
Flag Denver

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMU

Failed on RT 8.1

People like you make me lose hope in humanity.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to netham45 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift netham45 Ad-Free
18th October 2013, 11:32 PM |#421  
Thanks Meter: 326

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMU

Failed on RT 8.1

Which just shows you havent opened your eyes and read what has been said over a thousand times now. 8.1 breaks the jailbreak.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hack, jailbreak, windows, windows rt, winrt
Previous Thread Next Thread