Sweet car mount

Search This thread

dendthoff

May 23, 2006
Hey guys, I found this in the Droid 3 section. This mount seems pretty sick. I may just cave and buy it. Up to now I have kept modifying my car mount from my original droid. I made it work for my d2, and now (kinda..) my bionic. But it is not as secure anymore.

I travel with the Exo Mount. It is compact, light and sticks to about anything. I haven't had any issues using it in any rental car that I've had so far.

I have a couple different phones that I rotate through, so it is nice to have something that is universal...

backdraft999

Oct 29, 2011
Just Bought The Exo

If you are going to spend that much money on some generic piece of junk why would you not just buy the one that is made by Motorola for the phone??

I just bought the black Exo mount (they also come in white) on ebay for $19.93 w/ free shipping. That's half the price of the Motorola mount. That's reason enough for me to buy the Exo...

Essem

Sep 13, 2011
Might have to give it a shot. I drive a lot and do utilize the GPS and it would be nice to have a mount like my old garmin gps did.

GoBears

Nov 1, 2011
This is a great find and it's EXACTLY what I need. Thank you OP for posting this. Ordering now!

CC Lemon

Feb 17, 2011
Someone mentioned that proclip released a mount for the bionic on another forum... figured I'd mention it here.

http://www.proclipusa.com/default.a...d=&parent_category=4&d_pcat=13420&d_cat=18785

You have to buy the device specific mount as well as vehicle specific, which ends up putting it a bit on the expensive side. That said, the guy who pointed it out seemed like he had really good experience with their products in the past so it might be worth it.

Once you get the vehicle specific portion, you can just swap out for future devices. I like the idea of having a mount that is matched for the vehicle as well as the device. It also has a few options with chargers.

GoBears

Nov 1, 2011
Got my Exomount yesterday and used it all day today. It's awesome. I have an 03 Focus and it's perfect right above the 2 middle vents. The thing holds like it's glued down, I really like it. Thanks again OP!

thefriskychip

Oct 2, 2011
Hey guys, I found this in the Droid 3 section. This mount seems pretty sick. I may just cave and buy it. Up to now I have kept modifying my car mount from my original droid. I made it work for my d2, and now (kinda..) my bionic. But it is not as secure anymore.

removed link looks nice!

that does look pretty sweet.

walshdroid

Sep 27, 2011
I had to return the Mot Bionic mount. Although it claimed to work with the Bionic in a case (I have Otterbox), there was no way to get the phone in the cradle without destroying the micro-USB port. Even after removing all external case layers, still difficult to use.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This looks nice!
    This is awesome. I wonder how dependable it is? I need something that I can depend on for my motorcycle. Do you think it would work if I have a Body Glose case with the swivel clip? (Obviously just the nub would be on the phone, not the whole clip)

I don't know but I know they use this sticky technology in things like clean room door mats to take dirt off your shoes for entering a sterile environment. The sticky never runs out, you just wipe it with a damp cloth. As far as on a motorcycle...well I won't make any guarantees.
    Exomount price found

http://amzn.com/B004Z8ZLOS

I like it and I like Amazon's Price even better!!! $18.25