[Q] Cannot update bootloader?

Search This thread

Gamesrock22

Aug 8, 2013
Hello, I was originally running a beta version of Panandroid 3.99, and then I flashed a Stock modified Tmobile Rom on 4.3. I wanted to see if I could get wifi calling to work on it and it did, then I wanted go back to Quantum Rom.

For some reason I could not get Quantum Rom to flash, TWRP would read a "unable to .zip or something like that. Then I read I should update my Bootloader and Modem. So I restored an old backup to Cyanogen mod 10.1.2 (4.2.2 Update). I was able to flash my modem to the MJB update, but whenever I tried to flash my bootloader to the MJB update, TWRP and CMW would both give me Status 6 errors.

I am currently on the LK3 modem as stated by my Terminal Emulator.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

I'm also confused on how I was able to flash Panandroid 3.99(4.4.2 KitKat) on the LK3 modem? Should I have needed the MJB modem in the first place?

Last edited:

Hay350

Jul 7, 2012
chicago
Visit the S3Rx post and scroll down to the download area and you will see the modem and bootloader flashable zips. I would go with the MJ2 bootloader /MJB modem combo to allow you to go backwards in bootloader if needed.

You may need to update TWRP to the latest, I understand that 4.4 roms require the latest.

Sent from my I-747 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Gamesrock22

Gamesrock22

Aug 8, 2013
Visit the S3Rx post and scroll down to the download area and you will see the modem and bootloader flashable zips. I would go with the MJ2 bootloader /MJB modem combo to allow you to go backwards in bootloader if needed.

You may need to update TWRP to the latest, I understand that 4.4 roms require the latest.

I think you meant the MG2 bootloader, which did install fine. After that, I was able to flash Quantum and GAPPS.
Thanks a bunch! :highfive:

Hay350

Jul 7, 2012
chicago
I think you meant the MG2 bootloader, which did install fine. After that, I was able to flash Quantum and GAPPS.
Thanks a bunch! :highfive:

Glad that fixed the issue. :good:

Actually, I meant MJ2. Interesting enough I now see is not on the boot loader list thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2321310) and appears to only be found on the custom 4.3 TW roms sites (which references to the S3RX rom thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2252932).
LK3 - 4.1.1
MG2 - 4.1.2 (OTA)
MJ2 - Leaked 4.3
MJB - Official 4.3 (OTA)(make sure you read the warnings if you go to this boot loader - there is no going backwards)

So unless you need to go to a 4.3 boot loader, which it sounds like you do not, I would stay where you are.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The bootloader and device ID is normally what determines if a rom can be flashed to a phone, not the modem.