htc one m8 middle east users

Search This thread

Ather

Retired Senior Moderator
May 26, 2007
I'm sure most of us arabs have an htc one m8 now so like other countries threads time to make ours :p

i bought my m8 from Viva Bahrain, the good thing is that it came with a rubberized tpu cover from htc in the box which afaik is not available in the US version, also just got an OTA to 1.54.401.10

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-30-00-48-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-30-00-48-21.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 638
Last edited:

-juanito-

Oct 22, 2010
I was gonna bought it from batelco but it was out of stock also they said they only have the silver, then i bought it from zain.

$385 on-contract for one year is too expensive but i'm happy with the new network

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

idrOiding

Nov 30, 2012
Here in Iraq black-market 660$ only 16gb. Gunmetal and silver . No accessories available ?

-juanito-

Oct 22, 2010
I was hurry when i bought it, my contract with batelco not finished yet, Also zain selling the M8, S5, Z2 and Note 3 for free until 5 jun :(

Ather

Retired Senior Moderator
May 26, 2007
I was hurry when i bought it, my contract with batelco not finished yet, Also zain selling the M8, S5, Z2 and Note 3 for free until 5 jun :(

yea same thing happened with me, i bought it at night for 59 bd down payment, and the next morning they announce free without any downpayment :(

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21
guys dont get too excited about the TPU cover, you can get the awesome awesome Baesus air case TPU for only 7$ on aliexpress

now allow me to explain why do we get the TPU cover included:

its because unlike the primary world we are being screwed with 16GB internal rather than 32GB, this is why the cover is compensation ;)

the cover itself is not that great as it kills the device beauty and also might cause scratches because of all the specs that can get stuck inside, plus affects touch-ability due to the thick edges and the port flip at the bottom is simply a joke

the only good thing about it is that it insures you protection from day one that's it, make sure to clean it well every time you place the phone inside it as it can ruin your grey M8 in time if any sand particle gets stuck inside

best official cover so far for the M8 is the standard flip case from HTC

Reactions: Ather

mathrania

Dec 5, 2009
Toronto
Also, ours is 2.3GHz...as compared with 2.5 elsewhere...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mushages

Sep 2, 2009
Muscat
i had a non shiny part in the silver surrounding and i got a first day replacement device now my other device having extra brightness above HTC logo ( like a light leak ) phone is going back to HTC i guess but now need to relock bootloader and do this **** i hope they replace my device again instead of replacing the screen only because i already got too much scratches on both rear and front camera :eek: . this phone needs protection everywhere.......

just a tip for whoever new with this device protect your rear and front cameras and dont use the case you get with the phone as @hamdir said it will cause scratches on the silver surrounding...

oh yes and I'm from Oman but my phone is from Comtel (U.A.E).

mathrania

Dec 5, 2009
Toronto
Actually,these scratches are by default... The finish is like this... I bought 2 from comtel, both are similar... With mine, the top speaker grill, little bit chirping from camera side...

mushages

Sep 2, 2009
Muscat
Actually,these scratches are by default... The finish is like this... I bought 2 from comtel, both are similar... With mine, the top speaker grill, little bit chirping from camera side...

We had an HTC dealer here in Oman but now we dont. I repaired my HTC one X infamous WiFi signal problem under warranty when we had a dealer here. They told me it's sent to UAE don't know if it was comtel but my phone have been unlocked (relocked) when sent. Now the same thing with HTC one m8. Do Comtel reject rooted phones in any case or only when phone is bricked?

hamdir

Recognized Contributor
Aug 13, 2008
Canada
twitter.com
HTC U12+
Samsung Galaxy S21

2.5ghz is just bull**** so no worries, stop running behind cpu clocks people its not what makes these phones great (gpu, bandwidth, thermals, nand all more important)

Why else does the battery lasts this long and still run so well with the power saver 1.3ghz cap

Apple didn't even cross 1.5ghz

Stop chasing ghost cpu clocks, they only accelerate throttling

Last edited:
Reactions: mathrania

huzz

Apr 1, 2005
AlAin
I agree with Hamdir,

Clock speed is irrelevant. I am coming from a Nexus 5 and I don't honestly see a "significant" speed boost, granted the Nexus 5 is highly optimized by google. Still the bottom line is if while operating the phone you don't experience any lags (in the M8's case thats far from it) then speed is irrelevant. I am pretty sure you could possibly even under clock and not notice a huge drop in performance.

Cheers.

mushages

Sep 2, 2009
Muscat
Actually power saver mode locks the CPU at 1190mhz. Phone still smooth yes it might lag abit in some apps like Twitter but it's very usable with great battery. The phone is perfect! The only thing that annoys me are the cameras not the quality but the lenses! They get scratched pretty easily and I didnt know that when I was always cleaning the lens using shirts.

idrOiding

Nov 30, 2012
Cuz of the lenses scratches I ordered nilkin screen protector that come with a lense protector . I think the lense cover I plastic .

skr_xd

Oct 27, 2006
Al Ain
www.mygadgetfriend.com
At last.... a thread for us, ME users.
My free silicone case which came with the device is already damaged. Bought a HTC transparent hard cover with screen protector from Sharaf DG. Only worry is that it's not fully covering top and bottom. Let me see how it goes....

huzz

Apr 1, 2005
AlAin
My free silicone case which came with the device is already damaged. Bought a HTC transparent hard cover with screen protector from Sharaf DG. Only worry is that it's not fully covering top and bottom. Let me see how it goes....

I was lucky, a friend ordered the Spigen Slim Armor and didn't want it. I've been using that since day one. Sadly its a bit bulky. I've ordered this hopefully will get it tomorrow. As for the screen protector xtremeguard was having a 90% off deal so bought the full body protection.

Cheers.

Reactions: skr_xd

mathrania

Dec 5, 2009
Toronto
I got my Dot View frim Jumbo... It looks amazing and attractive.. Plus Viper is gonna release Dot View notifications in their upcoming update :)

Reactions: skr_xd

mushages

Sep 2, 2009
Muscat
does anyone know if UAE HTC service center reject warranty if bootloader is unlocked? of course i will relock it as we dont have S-OFF it will say tampered Relocked..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm sure most of us arabs have an htc one m8 now so like other countries threads time to make ours :p

i bought my m8 from Viva Bahrain, the good thing is that it came with a rubberized tpu cover from htc in the box which afaik is not available in the US version, also just got an OTA to 1.54.401.10
    guys dont get too excited about the TPU cover, you can get the awesome awesome Baesus air case TPU for only 7$ on aliexpress

now allow me to explain why do we get the TPU cover included:

its because unlike the primary world we are being screwed with 16GB internal rather than 32GB, this is why the cover is compensation ;)

the cover itself is not that great as it kills the device beauty and also might cause scratches because of all the specs that can get stuck inside, plus affects touch-ability due to the thick edges and the port flip at the bottom is simply a joke

the only good thing about it is that it insures you protection from day one that's it, make sure to clean it well every time you place the phone inside it as it can ruin your grey M8 in time if any sand particle gets stuck inside

best official cover so far for the M8 is the standard flip case from HTC

2.5ghz is just bull**** so no worries, stop running behind cpu clocks people its not what makes these phones great (gpu, bandwidth, thermals, nand all more important)

Why else does the battery lasts this long and still run so well with the power saver 1.3ghz cap

Apple didn't even cross 1.5ghz

Stop chasing ghost cpu clocks, they only accelerate throttling

I was lucky, a friend ordered the Spigen Slim Armor and didn't want it. I've been using that since day one. Sadly its a bit bulky. I've ordered this hopefully will get it tomorrow. As for the screen protector xtremeguard was having a 90% off deal so bought the full body protection.

Cheers.
    I got my Dot View frim Jumbo... It looks amazing and attractive.. Plus Viper is gonna release Dot View notifications in their upcoming update :)