ME301 Troubleshooting for CROMBI

Search This thread
Hey there, just flashed from Beanstalk 4.4 to CrombiKK and I have to say it is running great. No issues so far, so good. Bluetooth works, wifi works. No lag. I haven't tried hard to test the battery life, but with light gaming(war of nations and Angry Birds Transformers), streaming some videos and doing some light reading, the batter lasted most of the day. Much better than before. Volume is great. I haven't messed much with viper, just installed the updated kernel it asks for and that is it. I don't remember exactly what I chose at install, but my kernel is 3.1.10-g66e0c59-dirty. Loving the new look and the options. Keep up the great work! Can't wait to see 5 running on this.

Oh yeah, OTG is working as well, which is something I could never get on Beanstalk. Thanks very much Hardslog!

Actually, the first install didn't go well. I just used the best known options(or whatever it was) in the installer and picked ME301T. On reboot, I got the four penguins and it stopped. I did a factory wipe and re-installed CrombiKK this time picking my options and everything went fine from there. I do have to say, that the first reboot freaked me out. Even knowing that it was going to take a bit to boot up, it seemed like forever!

Last edited:

mjm49

Aug 1, 2013
No Backup in Recovery

I cannot get TWRP 2800 or 2810 to do a back up to ext SD, tried 2 different 64 gig sandisk formatted with Gparted, Fat32 and 2nd petition EXT4. I am using CromBi KK 4.4.4. I know about the restriction 3rd parties not able to write to sd but I ran the fix for that problem and it works. The error I am getting from TWRP 2800---"Errno=5 TWRP backup unable to create folder". The folder is on my SD. and twrp does start saving some of the backup then errors out. I even switched to Philz latest version and his Recovery does it also.. Titaiium Backup works to ext SD but not my Recoveries won't write to Ext SD.
Searched all over,
Thanks for the great work. Hope their is a fix
If this helps anyone: Boot loader 10.6.1.31 I am using an ME301T

Just thought, on my ME301 I have the TWRP app as well as the recovery. When I tried to backup through the app, TWRP said that I needed to install a patch so that it could read the ext SDcard. You might have to do the same thing. You might want to download the app and run a backup through that to see what happens

Sent from my me301 using XDA Free mobile app

boostern

May 22, 2010
One question guys: what does it change from a kernel (and rom) point of view from TF300T to ME301T?
It's only a matter of ramdisk or there is something else?
Thank you in advance!

hardslog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2009
One question guys: what does it change from a kernel (and rom) point of view from TF300T to ME301T?
It's only a matter of ramdisk or there is something else?
Thank you in advance!

Some ramdisk changes, some vendor files, drivers and and the odd knick-knack here and there. Open up a compatibility pack on your computer and you can see all the additions/replacements that are made to get it to work.

lupuradu

Aug 24, 2014
Sulmona
Flashed test 6 and while it really felt faster and the overclocking worked, i lost bt connectivity. Flashed 5 now and it doesn't overclock anymore but at least i got bt back.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey ME301 users.

I have decided to move this information over to a Q&A thread so we don't bung up CROMBI thread with this. It seems that there is something that is not letting ME301 users install and run the latest 4.4.3 version of CROMBI and of course we are hoping to do something about that.

I will post a few test zips to try and see if they can allow you to boot on to CROMBI.

As the users who are testing this out there are a few things that I ask of you when troubleshooting:

1. When installing CROMBI, please make sure you do a factory reset wipe in TWRP and also wipe cache and dalvik cache
    2. Please do not choose any options in the installer for running data2sd, rom2sd or f2fs. If you have f2fs on your internal /data I could possibly make up a test for that. I am going to stick to EXT4 for now.
    3. Make sure you choose ME301 in the installer, and choose do not install a kernel
    4. Flash one of the test zips provided below once you finish installing CROMBI and before you reboot your tablet
    5. If it fails to boot, please indicate whether it boot loops at black Asus logo screen or at the bootanimation
    6. If it is bootlooping at the bootanimation, then please send me a logcat as well as a last_kmsg and attach it to this thread. If you do not know how to do this there are many guides on XDA that can explain it much better than I can.

That should be about all for now. Let the testing begin!

EDIT/UPDATE - Tests 1-4 = FAIL, how about test 5?
    TEST 6

Please test and report back :)
    If you reboot into TWRP, you can go into 'advanced' and then 'file manager' and then go into the 'proc' folder and in there you can find the last_kmsg. If you select it, it will allow you to copy it to your sd card.

I have attached zip that contains test 1 and test 2 results.
    hardslog i got it working :D...

Test 1: failed (Rom booted but much of error's ,fc and apps stopped working.)

1. flashed the new version and selected in aroma installer tf300.
    2. Flashed without kernel and flashed "[Kernel][ME301T] KitKat Compatibility Pack V2.5 [May 13 2014]"

Test 2: succes booting and working :laugh: :good:

1.Flashed the new verson (4.4.4) and selected in aroma installer tf300.
    2.Flashed without kernel and with your test5.zip
    I can confirm latest version with test 5 works.