• NO! errors out

Votes: 40 14.5%
  • NO! still wont boot

Votes: 30 10.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

jatilq

Oct 19, 2007
I can enter download mode, but the phone isnt turning on. I get this when trying to flash recovery.

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> recovery.bin
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Major nightmare. Replaced phone.

Last edited:

fallingup

Mar 21, 2006
New Mexico
I can enter download mode, but the phone isnt turning on. I get this when trying to flash recovery.

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> recovery.bin
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Major nightmare. Replaced phone.

What did you flash to your recovery partition that you needed to restore it?

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
Chicago, IL
www.sunny16.org
DId something very stupid tonight, flashed the i9000 LeshaK kernel onto my Fascinate. Don't do this.

To recover, I had to..

1 - flash US cellular kernel (see link)
2 - re-flash stock VZW kernel
3 - reflash recovery and system
4 - boot into recovery , wipe cache and data
5 - get into OS, skip setup, go into privacy settings, do a factory reset (it rebuilds /dbdata)

All done!

Hope you don't have to do this, and big thanks to Angel for saving my @ss once again.

US Cellular Kernel
http://www.multiupload.com/5WE2B813BX

drm1963

Sep 18, 2010
If you will follow what the first post tells you to do and do not rename any of the files, I am sure it will work for you.

Install the drivers needed by your system 32 bit or 64 bit. :confused:

To get into the download mode needed you will have to remove your battery and SD Chip from your phone.

Reinstall the battery, Start ODIN on your PC, Hold the volume down button on the left side of your Samsung Fascinate and press and release the Power button on the right side of you phone.

There will be a yellow DOWNLOAD triangle pop up on your phone and only then should you plug your phone back into the USB cable

namebrandon

Sep 8, 2010
Chicago, IL
www.sunny16.org
If you will follow what the first post tells you to do and do not rename any of the files, I am sure it will work for you.

To get into the download mode needed you will have to remove your battery and SD Chip from your phone.

Reinstall the battery, Start ODIN on your PC, Hold the volume down button on the left side of your Samsung Fascinate and press and release the Power button on the right side of you phone.

There will be a yellow DOWNLOAD triangle pop up on your phone and only then should you plug your phone back into the USB cable

Not saying anyone's method is right or wrong, but I always leave my sdcard in, and always have the battery out when flashing. Once flashing is done I put the battery back in.

I also don't use the power button, volume down works for me. YMMV.

fallingup

Mar 21, 2006
New Mexico

You don't need to press the power button to get into download mode. Just volume down.

ksizzle9

Jun 17, 2010
Knoxville
@fallingup
you seem to know a good bit about the development that is going on....that said, how is CLockWork coming on this phone? any roms,?any kernels, anything?

fallingup

Mar 21, 2006
New Mexico
@fallingup
you seem to know a good bit about the development that is going on....that said, how is CLockWork coming on this phone? any roms,?any kernels, anything?

the kernel source right now is not booting on our devices, we have tried pretty much everything we can think of to fix it / get it booting, and we got nothing.

It'll come eventually, hopefully samsung will fix the source that they released so that we don't have to work too hard. I myself have built the kernel at least two dozen times since wednesday, and everyone in the irc channel has tried it at least once i think, and still nothing. If everyone could bug samsung about fixing their source or at least verifying that it is correct, that would be awesome.

drm1963

Sep 18, 2010
where can we find original firmware for a VZW Fascinate? or even stock VZW kernel

I mean in the PIT format to do a complete reload of a Fascinate just in case one does completely brick it?

Last edited:

fallingup

Mar 21, 2006
New Mexico
where can we find original firmware for a VZW Fascinate? or even stock VZW kernel

I mean in the PIT format to do a complete reload of a Fascinate just in case one does completely brick it?

there is no full leak yet. All that we have is what i have packaged up and released, and everything but system is completely stock. The system has su and superuser.apk already installed and thats the only thing i have changed

CheetoDroid

Sep 12, 2010
I'm in clockwork, I still had to run update.zip even after I told RomManager to reboot into clockwork.

Thanks for all the work watching the IRC channel was awesome.

edit: When I choose Nandroid using the home key I get a black screen and light soft keys.

edit #2: Home key selects in stock recovery Power Button selects in CWM. Just ran my first nandroid

Last edited:

justaguy17

Dec 16, 2008
I'm in clockwork, I still had to run update.zip even after I told RomManager to reboot into clockwork.

edit: When I choose Nandroid using the home key I get a black screen and light soft keys.

edit #2: Home key selects in stock recovery Power Button selects in CWM. Just ran my first nandroid

Use the back softkey instead of the home button.

tallnerd1985

Dec 8, 2008
Vancouver, WA

Same thing happens to me, use the power button as a Select button.

Is there a reason why the stock recovery is still popping up and why we have to do the update.zip to get into Clockwork?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING: DO NOT FLASH ANY OTHER GALAXY S VARIANT'S ODIN FILES. YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE!

WARNING: DO NOT FLASH ANY OTHER GALAXY S VARIANT'S ODIN FILES. YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE!

If you have installed voodoo before, please follow the instructions here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=804784 before attempting to restore back to stock odin files

ONLY FLASH ONE OF THESE AT A TIME. START WITH THE /SYSTEM ODIN AND WORK YOUR WAY DOWN THE LIST IF NEEDED.

Hey guys, after some reading and bricking one device beyond my repair, i have created a file to restore /system back to stock, with su, superuser and busybox already installed.

THIS SHOULD ONLY BE USED TO RESTORE TO STOCK AFTER A COMPLETE FUBAR! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU FLASH TO YOUR PHONE!

You need the samsung drivers for windows for this to work. Those can be found on this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=779238

This has been tested and verified. I signed with md5 and odin reads the md5 signature as it should.

Steps:
    1. Pull battery from device
    2. Open odin on desktop
    3. Hold volume down button and plug device into computer
    -This will place the device into download mode
    4. Verify device shows up in odin
    5. Click "PDA" button in odin
    6. Select "Stock-i500-VZW-System.tar.md5" from where you downloaded it
    7. Click "Start"
    8. Enjoy your fixed /system partition!

Download:
    Odin: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/458252/Odin Files/Odin3 v1.3.exe
    Odin Restore file for /system: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/458252/Odin Files/Stock-i500-VZW-System.tar.md5
    Odin Restore file for kernel: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/458252/Odin%20Files/Stock-i500-VZW-Kernel.tar.md5
    Odin Restore file for recovery: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/458252/Odin Files/Stock-i500-VZW-Recovery.tar.md5
    PIT file for use in Odin Restores: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/458252/Odin Files/Stock-i500-VZW-pit.pit

Big thanks to lilinser / dkcldark; koush; humancyborg, namebrandon, geeknik, and many others that were testing and constantly flashing their phones!

And without ludeboy, well, i wouldnt even be able to get into download mode to fix my phone in the first place ;)

Changelog:
    9/17/2010- Updated links, fixed md5 errors on files

9/15/2010: Added an odin restore file for the kernel and recovery now that sources are out. This should be used to restore the kernel if you try flashing another one. To those having problems, reboot into recovery (power off device, hold both volume buttons and power until samsung logo, release power button, recovery should boot) and wipe data and cache.
    Thanks angel! Was afraid to start experimenting with the Fascinate until an Odin restore was available. :D

Did the same thing with Email.apk on day two with the phone trying to get multiple Exchange accounts like just about every other android device (Thanks TW!!! :mad:). I was able to get it replaced but have been afraid to do anything beyond rooting and adding WiFi Tether until I had a way to un-brick.

Thanks angel!!!
    True. But this was the minimum for me, maybe this is what others need to. Its easier to start over than to keep flashing and hoping it works
    i cannot get any of the links to the odin files to work, i get the 404 thing

look back a few posts above yours