[Q] Mf3 update !!

Search This thread

rajpru

Apr 12, 2011
Hyderabad
Little noob on this type of things..i am using SGH-I337 stock 4.2.2(MF3) and i am stuck on it.. although i am using AT&T product some how managed to unlock sim and using it in INDIA .Samsung Kies is not helping in stock updates and some one Let me know how to stock update now..!!... searched whole web couldnt understand anything.. properly..want to be on stock 4.3 ...Tnx in Advance .. plz help Newbie!!

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Little noob on this type of things..i am using SGH-I337 stock 4.2.2(MF3) and i am stuck on it.. although i am using AT&T product some how managed to unlock sim and using it in INDIA .Samsung Kies is not helping in stock updates and some one Let me know how to stock update now..!!... searched whole web couldnt understand anything.. properly..want to be on stock 4.3 ...Tnx in Advance .. plz help Newbie!!

Just go into the general section and use either the Update.zip thread or the ODIN files for MK2.

Reactions: rajpru

ted77usa

Inactive RC / RT
Jan 13, 2010
Fog City

Just go into the general section and use either the Update.zip thread or the ODIN files for MK2.

Second to @DeadlySin9 said. ... Here the link to my thread ......http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2621279 for updating or odin to MK2 stock 4.3 firmware......:D:thumbup::D

Swyped from MK2 Dark Venomous X1

rajpru

Apr 12, 2011
Hyderabad
Second to @DeadlySin9 said. ... Here the link to my thread ......http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2621279 for updating or odin to MK2 stock 4.3 firmware......:D:thumbup::D

Thanks for the reply.. and the problem here is if i do this method.. ill be getting back to AT&T stock but i dun want AT& T carrier so Best way to avoid AT&T and get the Indian s4 stock update? so it will help me here to keep up to date with the help of Kies

ted77usa

Inactive RC / RT
Jan 13, 2010
Fog City
Thanks for the reply.. and the problem here is if i do this method.. ill be getting back to AT&T stock but i dun want AT& T carrier so Best way to avoid AT&T and get the Indian s4 stock update? so it will help me here to keep up to date with the help of Kies

You couples options:

1. Update to MK2 firmware first | ★ MK2 ★ FULL ODIN TAR FILES ★ MK2 ★ | ★ UNBRICKED ★ Jan.25.2014 ★ | check post#2 on guide how to.....:good:
2. After u updated.....u need to have root access to remove all ATT bloatware ....use this SAFEROOT METHOD
3. After u have root access then u can install Titanium Backup from Play store that required root access....and u just uninstall any ATT bloatware that u don't want from there that start with ATT or end with ATT apk or any other that u don't like or use ( Be careful and make sure u know what u are doing ).
4. U can also install the ONLY recovery that work for MK2 as of right now ................SafeStrap-v3.7.1
5. If u have SafeStrap recovery installed then u can choose over 20+ Custom 4.3 ROM that u can install and doesn't come with ATT bloatware...Check this MK2 INDEX &ROM LIST by @guut13 ....

GOODLUCK.....HOPE THIS HELP U GET IT UPDATE AND SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM.....:good:

rajpru

Apr 12, 2011
Hyderabad

You couples options:

1. Update to MK2 firmware first | ★ MK2 ★ FULL ODIN TAR FILES ★ MK2 ★ | ★ UNBRICKED ★ Jan.25.2014 ★ | check post#2 on guide how to.....:good:
2. After u updated.....u need to have root access to remove all ATT bloatware ....use this SAFEROOT METHOD
3. After u have root access then u can install Titanium Backup from Play store that required root access....and u just uninstall any ATT bloatware that u don't want from there that start with ATT or end with ATT apk or any other that u don't like or use ( Be careful and make sure u know what u are doing ).
4. U can also install the ONLY recovery that work for MK2 as of right now ................SafeStrap-v3.7.1
5. If u have SafeStrap recovery installed then u can choose over 20+ Custom 4.3 ROM that u can install and doesn't come with ATT bloatware...Check this MK2 INDEX &ROM LIST by @guut13 ....

i think u helped me a lot.. let me try on them thanks dude :).. i hope it i will work.. and hope kies will show up my phone

rajpru

Apr 12, 2011
Hyderabad
Thank You!!

You couples options:

Thnx to Ted at last it worked out for me.. but i couldnt go out at&t carrier and kies still not able to gimme a update info on firmware it is just leaving a me a msg tht current firmware cannot be updated via kies.. But hopefully i am on MK2 update!!

Starting i had lots of troubles with ODIN and USB drivers.. But got a new USB cable and worked everything fine..if u can able to solve 1 more problem ill be most thankfull i.e i want to get indian firmware tht is GT-19505 or GT-19500 firmware's on SGH-I337 ill be happy ..so tht ill be always updated with my country updates

Reactions: ted77usa

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
if u can able to solve 1 more problem ill be most thankfull i.e i want to get indian firmware tht is GT-19505 or GT-19500 firmware's on SGH-I337 ill be happy ..so tht ill be always updated with my country updates

Unfortunately it is not possible. If you ever try to flash a i9505 firmware you would brick your device. Because the ATT i337 has locked bootloaders for one, and second is it is different as far as firmware because of the boot loader.
What you MAY be able to do is if you use safe strap for MK2 you might be able to find a ROM you can flash that doesn't have all the ATT bloatware. With the ATT bloatware removed it would basically be the same as a i9505. But kies will never work except IF ATT allows Samsung to start putting the firmware files on kies, it seems like ATT doesn't allow it any longer.

Sent From My Spiderman,Ironman,Red,Dark Blue,Green, GreyedOut BadAss Themed I337

Reactions: ted77usa and rajpru

rajpru

Apr 12, 2011
Hyderabad
Unfortunately it is not possible. If you ever try to flash a i9505 firmware you would brick your device. Because the ATT i337 has locked bootloaders for one, and second is it is different as far as firmware because of the boot loader.
What you MAY be able to do is if you use safe strap for MK2 you might be able to find a ROM you can flash that doesn't have all the ATT bloatware. With the ATT bloatware removed it would basically be the same as a i9505. But kies will never work except IF ATT allows Samsung to start putting the firmware files on kies, it seems like ATT doesn't allow it any longer.

Sent From My Spiderman,Ironman,Red,Dark Blue,Green, GreyedOut BadAss Themed I337

THanks for u r the suggestion bro.... i dont want safestrap on my mobile it may eat some space for partition i think!!

ted77usa

Inactive RC / RT
Jan 13, 2010
Fog City
Safestrap is the ONLY recovery that we can use as of right now for MK2 firmware. ...... as long as you follow MK2 INDEX & ROM LIST by @guut13. .... alot of custom 4.3 rom that able to flash on Stock Slot by now ..... meaning that u don't have to share system partition in it. ..... and u would have all the internal memory storage. .... Unless if you create rom slot 1 or 2 then u have limited internal memory storage ..... since your stock rom slot still in place. .....:D:thumbup::D

Swyped from MK2 Dark Venom SS Edition

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    if u can able to solve 1 more problem ill be most thankfull i.e i want to get indian firmware tht is GT-19505 or GT-19500 firmware's on SGH-I337 ill be happy ..so tht ill be always updated with my country updates

You couples options:

Thank You!!

You couples options:

Thnx to Ted at last it worked out for me.. but i couldnt go out at&t carrier and kies still not able to gimme a update info on firmware it is just leaving a me a msg tht current firmware cannot be updated via kies.. But hopefully i am on MK2 update!!

Starting i had lots of troubles with ODIN and USB drivers.. But got a new USB cable and worked everything fine..if u can able to solve 1 more problem ill be most thankfull i.e i want to get indian firmware tht is GT-19505 or GT-19500 firmware's on SGH-I337 ill be happy ..so tht ill be always updated with my country updates