Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

thegoodrat

Dec 19, 2011
Wow I'm impressed with battery life so far! Charged it to 99% this morning at 11 am, been doing a lot of texting with wifi on most of the time. Only at 82% right now(6 pm right now)!!

And thats with 1 hr 30 mins screen on time. By far the most amazing battery life(on pace to break what I usually get with so much screen on time).

SantinoInc

Jun 19, 2010
NYC
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I love the hell out of this rom but the two big outstanding bugs became unbearable (almost zero audio on apps like Google Voice...no way to hear voice messages...and the crappy camera/camcorder quality) Other than these two issues this ROM is so damn sweet. The UI crushes everything else out there IMO.

Reactions: basketthis

T.C.P

Apr 19, 2010
Stockton
I love the hell out of this rom but the two big outstanding bugs became unbearable (almost zero audio on apps like Google Voice...no way to hear voice messages...and the crappy camera/camcorder quality) Other than these two issues this ROM is so damn sweet. The UI crushes everything else out there IMO.

yea the audio bug and camera are the most annoying, i have no clue where to start lol

Reactions: basketthis

spiicytuna

Feb 5, 2009
SF/Bay Area
spiicytuna.com

The same sound bug applies to Sprint VVM and ironic as it sounds, if I put the volume at Max I cannot hear a thing, BUT, if I l lower it down to 40-50% it's plenty loud.

crevis24

Feb 4, 2008
Raleigh
yea the audio bug and camera are the most annoying, i have no clue where to start lol

Its all good, man. It will come soon enough..... You guys have been doing a great job on this...... Thanks for everything. Once the camera a. And audio gets fixed, I will definitely be using miui again!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

phatone17

Nov 19, 2010
Seattle
I've noticed a few people having problems with GPS. I saw someone mention flashing a touchwiz rom, enabling GPS, getting a lock, them restoring the MIUI rom. Is this the hot ticket? I cannot get ANY GPS lock right now. At all.

iSkylla

Nov 11, 2011
I've noticed a few people having problems with GPS. I saw someone mention flashing a touchwiz rom, enabling GPS, getting a lock, them restoring the MIUI rom. Is this the hot ticket? I cannot get ANY GPS lock right now. At all.

That should do it, just make sure not to wipe the cache or dalvik cache between the TW and MIUI wipes.

basketthis

May 23, 2011

That should do it, just make sure not to wipe the cache or dalvik cache between the TW and MIUI wipes.

My steps were similar. I nandroid my MIUI, flash TouchWiz ROM, get a lock. Boot into recovery, without wiping, restore the nandroid... GPS works! :cool:

Makdasamurai

Aug 31, 2010
Or get GPS status from the market and clear GPS state in the tools then let it lock for you. It worked for me :) it's what I always use to.fix my GPS when it's acting up

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

phatone17

Nov 19, 2010
Seattle
Or get GPS status from the market and clear GPS state in the tools then let it lock for you. It worked for me :) it's what I always use to.fix my GPS when it's acting up

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

I'll try the backup/wipe/flash/restore method as clearing my GPS using those apps does not fix it. Thanks ya'll and GO TCP :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

evilkneedle

Sep 3, 2009
settings

does anyone have a working version of miuisettings similar to the one found at
forums.miuiandroid.com/showthread.php?7738-MOD-Extended-Settings-Menu-Options

Thanks in advance

The Odom Project

Jun 30, 2011
Prescott AZ
I tried the MMS.apk from the nexus s4g...but I couldn't install it. I'm not at my own computer so I can't ADB push...but installing it via a root manager did not work. I'm attaching the file so that anyone with ADB access can push it and test it out. Hope it works and can be included in the next release!

View attachment 870894 <--mms.apk with split taken from NS4g

Also attached is the camera app...maybe it'll let us record in higher quality? No clue...i'm not a dev. View attachment 870895 <--- miuicamera.apk taken from NS4g

I just pushed the mms.apk you posted, and now after 140 characters it converts to a mms instead of split SMS. I do not see any setting to make it split the messages instead

alexthearmo

Nov 22, 2009
www.myspace.com
I just pushed the mms.apk you posted, and now after 140 characters it converts to a mms instead of split SMS. I do not see any setting to make it split the messages instead

I'll take a look at another rom that has the split sms function and see if i can pull it. It's good to know that it didn't force close and that you were able to push it successfully! Thanks for reporting. I'll see if we can find one with the split settings and then maybe T.C.P can implement in his next release!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    #include
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

b2tP2.png

Presents the Official

MIUI RELEASE

UPDATING MIUI

Thanks to elliwigy & qbking77 for the video
    MIUI Change Log:

• UPDATING
    Bugs

Bugs:

Sms- use gvoice
    rotation - flash zip
    alarm FC
    gallery FC
    911 bug
    external sd
    Torch
    Haptic feedback semi works..
    Low volume ( use Volume + in market)
    MMS [sends but wont receive]
    Bluetooth
    GPS
    Portable HotSpot
    Video camera ( use lowest setting and it will work )

Thanks to SpicyTuna for this write up:

If anyone gets force closes it would be helpful to post a logcat (see my post earlier today for reference) so that it can actually be tracked down as to what the actual issue is. There's 2 main (obviously there's 10 ways to any one thing) ways to get and post a logcat:

Option #1
    1. Download aLogcat from the market
    2. Launch the aLogcat
    3. Go launch the program thats crashing, allow it to crash
    4. Go back to aLogcat
    5. Menu -> Send
    6. Email it to yourself, then post it on here for debugging using the [ code][/code ] commands

Option #2
    1. Hook your phone to your computer with the usb cable
    2. With your fav CLI type: "adb shell logcat > crashlog.txt" (w/o the " ")
    3. On the ET4G launch the program that's causing problems, allow it to crash
    4. In the CLI hit "crtl+c" (to stop the logging process)
    5. In the same folder as adb will be a text file called "crashlog.txt"
    6. Post it on here so that we can take a look at debugging the issue using the [ code][/code ] commands
    Change Log:
    1/15/11
    - Updated to MIUI 2.1.3
    - almost everything works thanks to my amigo :D
    12/30/11
    - Updated to Miui 12/30/11
    - Fixed torch
    12/16/11
    - Update to 12/15/11
    - Merged fixes into rom
    12/14/11
    - Fixed sms (thanks slash, HaiKaiDo, and jt1134)
    - Fixed auto-rotate and sensors
    12/13/11
    - Initial Release
    UPDATES: updates will be release every friday when mad available
    Credits:

Deano
    SteadyHawkin
    Dabaybay
    HaiKaiDo
    Slash
    jt1134
    Tyzing