2.1 Root Method

Search This thread

somebloke

Mar 30, 2007
definitely not.. you sure it's not just saying that because an exploit is a security risk?

100% virus free & working here

ronnyuk

Mar 26, 2010
South West England
No viruses in mine, running both AVG and Eset Nod32

Just to let you know, I also had to tick "Unknown sources" on mine to allow root, so just to recap if you phone is just sitting there saying waiting, click turn off debugging mode, then click turn on allow unkown sources, then tick debugging mode again and mine rooted perfect with no waiting or looping.

hope this helps

fkofilee

The problem was getting rooted in the first place, but here's how I got it working with yours and awojtas help...

Download the SuperOneClick.

Copied these three from my SDK tools folder...

adb

AdbWinApi.dll

AdbWinUsbApi.dll

...and replaced the ones in the SOCR folder.

Ran it, but when it was looping did this...

Then got...

...and installed Titanium to confirm!

With this in mind, when you say the SOCR folder what do you mean ?

mauwii87

Aug 4, 2010
This is ****ing awesome!
Thanks you guys for making this possible!

EDIT: WOrking on a u20i with android 2.1 BTW!

mrtim123

Jul 28, 2010
Newcastle
works like a charm!
i got stuck in the loop also, i unchecked and rechecked the usb dev button and it was all ok. rooted now :)

ps - i did not mount the usb, or do anything when the popup appeared on the screen. i ignored it.

wewewawa06

Jan 25, 2009
shenzhen
i freeze at
OK

Pushing rageagainstthecage...
cannot stat 'rageagainstthecage': No such file or directory

OK

chmod rageagainstthecage...
Unable to chmod /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage: No such file or directory

OK

Running rageagainstthecage..

this step,why?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ROOT achieved for 2.1 FW.

Sometimes the first method isn't always the best:

*edit*
    A new app has appeared on the market called "z4root". This seems to root in one click.
    Details are here.

Install this from the Market, press Root and you're away.

Old Methodm should it still be required:
    This requires you to have 2.1 already (either Nordic, or other generic, or using Bin4ry's flashtool version here.
    instructions and files as below.

Download the SuperOneClick (files attached) or original post here

Updated Superoneclick version 1.5.4
    v1.5.4
    Fixed superuser install issue
    Added a prompt to tell you to allow superuser on your phone, for the test.
    Fixed unroot.

It can take a while to ROOT - looks as though it is stuck in a loop. I thought it wasnt working but waited about 10mins and it worked.

If you wait longer and it still doesn't work, try untick/retick USB debug while it's running

Hey Presto - ROOT !

Thanks CVCHETAN for adding the attachments & tidying it up.. it was late :)

Remember you will probably want Busybox too - click Problems from within Titanium to download.

NOTE: If you're having no luck with this, it seems the PDANet client might install different drivers which help the process. If you're struggling this might be worth a try. Also ticking Unknown Applications allows it to send the SuperUser.apk has reported to help some users.

PdaNet Client is here.

Pre-requisites not mentioned in this post:
    Working 2.1 X10
    Drivers must be installed for X10 Debug mode - try adb manually to check
    Some virus checkers might flag these files - this is because an exploit can be a security risk, but 100% virus free
    You run this all on your PC - it connects to your phone and roots it from there.
    It works with root manager and barnacle wifi tether but I can't make titanium backup works. It says "Sorry. I could not acquire root privileges." Someone else is having this problem?

Answer: Just search busybox in the market and install it. After that you will be able to open titanium backup without any problem.
    thank's xda developers 5 beers guys my X10 if upd to 2.1 thanks again
    Hey guys,

tried yesterday evening, and it worked! Not the first time, though, but eventually.

Tuesday I did the 1.6 NL to 2.1 Nordic upgrade. Now I wanted to root it again.

First I connected my phone with my pc, without answering the question about "would you connect, or upload, or something else. Then I started superoneclickroot.

Then, when my phone went into a "loop", I unticked/ticked the USB-button, and it went on! The first time it said that it wasn't rooted, then I tried again, same result, then I restarted the superoneclickroot-program again, tried Shell Root, no luck, then tried Root again, and it said that my phone was already rooted!

Installed Titanium Backup to be sure, and that program said that it was not rooted. Then I restarted my phone (I forgot.....) and TB told me I needed Busybox in the root... I tried to get it there via my pc, but that didn't work. Restarted TB again, and I ticked the button "Problems?"; it said it could download the right version of Busybox.... I ticked "Yes", and it all went smooth from there on. TB told me it was all right, I restarted my phone again, and it works fine!

And now I have a rooted 2.1 on my X10!

Thank you all for the info, I owe you!

kwarkje