Vibrant stuck on boot loop

Search This thread

lovenokia

Sep 1, 2011
My vibrant is stuck on a boot loop, i was in the middle of installing ics and now it is in a boot loop. What can i do, if you want i can post of video of this boot loop for any advice.

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
My vibrant is stuck on a boot loop, i was in the middle of installing ics and now it is in a boot loop. What can i do, if you want i can post of video of this boot loop for any advice.

Just because you didn't care to read ANY of the stickies around... I'll make sure you do, i'll give you instructions but lets see if you can go back a page and click the stickies to learn how to do all of this:
you will need to get into download mode, and odin - this is the safest and recommended route
if you want to take a bit of a risk you can try to go into recovery and flash the ROM you were in before - this can lead to more bootloops/brick

Reactions: Woody

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
If only there was a guide that explained what to do when you get a bootloop while installing ICS. Hmmm. (Hint: see my sig).

If that doesn't work, rider's is the way to go.

Edit:: saw that you posted your video. That is a fast ass bootloop. Hit your thanks button by accident. Anyways try pulling your battery and booting into recovery and reflashing ICS again over itself. Did you wipe and factory reset?

Last edited:
Reactions: lovenokia

lovenokia

Sep 1, 2011
i am a dumbass that followed a youtube video tutorial congratulations to me(pissed >(, i went straight from eclair to ics. wopdee do. I got odin in a ".rar" file and cant open it, but i prob have the wrong odin then right?

lovenokia

Sep 1, 2011
Alright i am lost and pissed? what should i do now, (i did my touchpad just fine to ics) to let you know that i am not a complete n00b about this, but the vibrant is not liking me...

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
ok, now that i've seen the video this is not any normal BOOT LOOP.
What exactly did you do to get this? Which flashing procedures did you look at?
Can you at all get into recovery/download mode?* most important question*
Do you have Froyo Bootloaders or GB bootloaders? (if you don't know what these are and have not messed with bootloaders you are on Froyo.)

I have just read what the recovery says through the video
It pretty much says that it is trying to flash ICS PASSION, but it cannot because your sdcard is either a) wiped b) not mounted c) the ICS PASSION file is corrupted and/or ics passion has been deleted somehow.

-after reading some latest posts from you, i'm sorry for making you feel like a dumbass but you did not read the instructions, mainly the stickies, and did not follow the instructions on how to get to ICS from eclair. That is why. Many do not and I prefer not to give any help at all to people who can't help themselves, but I understand your situation and i'll try to help. Sorry for offending you if I did, its just that some people need to be treated that way so they open their eyes and start reading around.

Last edited:

lovenokia

Sep 1, 2011
i understand that, but i did a battery pull and the samsung vibrant is still doing the same thing, when i hold power and volume down it stays at the "vibrant" thing but that is it, i can do anything else but watch it boot loop.

Woody

Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
Rider, see if you can help him out. My boy just woke up. Let me get him back to sleep and ill be back after these messages.

PS I just PM'd him the CM7 Rom.

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
thanks, i hope someone can help me out.

read this post, i think you missed it, answer the questions while i watch the video guide and see if theres anything wrong in there.

Do you have Froyo Bootloaders or GB bootloaders? (if you don't know what these are and have not messed with bootloaders you are on Froyo.)

It pretty much says that it is trying to flash ICS PASSION, but it cannot because your sdcard is either a) wiped b) not mounted c) the ICS PASSION file is corrupted and/or ics passion has been deleted somehow.

-after reading some latest posts from you, i'm sorry for making you feel like a dumbass but you did not read the instructions, mainly the stickies, and did not follow the instructions on how to get to ICS from eclair. That is why. Many do not and I prefer not to give any help at all to people who can't help themselves, but I understand your situation and i'll try to help. Sorry for offending you if I did, its just that some people need to be treated that way so they open their eyes and start reading around.

----
Okay..... so after watching that guide. I have never seen ANYONE using that method, mainly because he didn't flash ANY kind of CM7 kernel etc.
Most of his instructions were right, but he just did something on his phone that seemed unusual, but i guess worked for him...

Last edited:
Reactions: Woody

lovenokia

Sep 1, 2011

no i cant get into recovery mode
i did not mess with any bootloaders
i wiped, unmounted as in not plugged in then yes, i installed zip from phone unmounted

Woody

Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
Dude that video is wack. He pirates one version of CWR but once it boots up is a completely different version. Check out the numbers on top. The edits are terrible. Cuts out some pretty huge points. Plus he starts out with Passion beta 1 on his settings screen before he edits back to show you how to do it, but ends up with RC1.

Woody

Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
No you are not screwed. Odin back to stock 2.1 and then follow the instructions. Don't sweat getting Gingerbread bootloaders for now. Get your phone in download mode.

You probably won't know this but even if you phone doesn't show download mode on its screen, you want that yellow COM box to light up in Odin. Once you see that, profit.

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
Dude that video is wack. He pirates one version of CWR but once it boots up is a completely different version. Check out the numbers on top. The edits are terrible. Cuts out some pretty huge points. Plus he starts out with Passion beta 1 on his settings screen before he edits back to show you how to do it, but ends up with RC1.

Yeah i'm completely confused from the video as well...

so am i screwed? if i am than thanks for trying to help me though.

First read the post above this and try to get odin to light up yellow, if it does, no JIG needed, odin and you should be good. If that does not happen, then you will need a JIG.
Since you cannot get into recovery or download mode, I would try a JIG before claiming that your phone is a brick.

lovenokia

Sep 1, 2011
does the odin and stock rom from the video that i used work? or where should i get the odin and stock rom this time without effing up?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just because you didn't care to read ANY of the stickies around... I'll make sure you do, i'll give you instructions but lets see if you can go back a page and click the stickies to learn how to do all of this:
    you will need to get into download mode, and odin - this is the safest and recommended route
    if you want to take a bit of a risk you can try to go into recovery and flash the ROM you were in before - this can lead to more bootloops/brick
    If only there was a guide that explained what to do when you get a bootloop while installing ICS. Hmmm. (Hint: see my sig).

If that doesn't work, rider's is the way to go.

Edit:: saw that you posted your video. That is a fast ass bootloop. Hit your thanks button by accident. Anyways try pulling your battery and booting into recovery and reflashing ICS again over itself. Did you wipe and factory reset?
    Rider, see if you can help him out. My boy just woke up. Let me get him back to sleep and ill be back after these messages.

PS I just PM'd him the CM7 Rom.
    thanks, i hope someone can help me out.

read this post, i think you missed it, answer the questions while i watch the video guide and see if theres anything wrong in there.

----
    Okay..... so after watching that guide. I have never seen ANYONE using that method, mainly because he didn't flash ANY kind of CM7 kernel etc.
    Most of his instructions were right, but he just did something on his phone that seemed unusual, but i guess worked for him...