HTC One S C2 is forgotten by HTC itself!!!

Search This thread

qzem

Jun 23, 2010
:confused:

Those f*****g f*****s at HTC must have forgotten that they have released HTC One S with S3 processor, cause those assholes, haven't released a single OTA update for this phone, no Sens 4.1 one for us (not that I care about sens, but some might!), no 4.0.4 android for. I guess they don't mind having their phone in a customer hands with known vulnerabilities. And when you write to them they just act like the update is already out, and just try to convince you that you are probably to stupid to know how to use an update settings, or you live in to big of a **** hole for updates to find you. If somebody knows where and how to make a petition where we could show HTC how many unsatisfied costumers it have, I would glady to sign it, and rubb it into ther face. It is really not fare that such good phone has such bad support. And I don't want to buy a f**** flagship phone with gigantic screen just to have my phone supported by the manufacturer.

That would be all,

Have a nice day everybod,

and to be-loving HTC, F*** YOU and your s***ty update policy!

P.S.: I hope I won't get banned for bad language, but it is hard to express my rage against HTC differently :D

Last edited:

stylus1828

Feb 21, 2008
Alba Iulia & Cluj Napoca
I had this conversation yesterday

Chat Transcript
Please wait until an agent is available to assist ...
You have been connected to Romeo.
Customer: Hey Romeo
Romeo: Hello.
Customer: can you please tell me if any update is coming for HTC One S with s3 proccesor?
Romeo: Update to 4.0.4 does not come because since November will be released Jelly Bean.
Client: I understand
Client: S3 phones will be updated concurrently with those S4?
Client: or those with S3 must wait longer for in order to receive this update?
Romeo: Usually updates come depending on the country for which it was manufactured phone.
Romeo: But considering that this phone updates come in a different way can not yet confirm which of these models will receive the update first.
Romeo: I will try to keep you up to date on the ----- about this update.
Client ::)
Customer: Thank you for. information

Customer: ok
Client: a good day at work
Client: only better
Romeo:
Romeo: Thank you too.

Reactions: tmbrrwolf

qzem

Jun 23, 2010
I really hope they will release JB for this phone, but until I don't see I won't believe it. As I have written some other users have been asking HTC for Android 4.0.4 and Sens 4.1, and they said that update is already out, but there was no update for this phone. And just for a thought, when (if) we recevie this JB update this year, the new Android version will probably be already out (4.2 Lemon pie), cause LG Nexus 4 is announced by the and of november.

Last edited:

stylus1828

Feb 21, 2008
Alba Iulia & Cluj Napoca
Yeah... that's a problem for me too but I will get used to it.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

I've just got a call from a HTC employe regarding my bad review about HTC. :p
I completed a review form for HTC and told them that I'm very dissapointed.
She asked me why I'm so dissapointed and I told her about the problems that I had with HTC Sensation (dust problems and boot problems) and that now I'm dissapointed with HTC One S S3 a.k.a C2 because of the lack of support and ota updates.
I told her about the lack of updates and that HOS S4 users already got several updates. I even told her that we can't get custom roms for our devices because devs are not interested in this device and they don't have the stuff that they need in order to provide such roms.
She told me that she will forward my complains and they will do something about this problem.
I think that we need to do more bad reviews to make them do something! :D

Last edited:

rajackar

Feb 19, 2009
Utrecht

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

She asked me why I'm so dissapointed and I told her about the problems that I had with HTC Sensation (dust problems and boot problems) and that now I'm dissapointed with HTC One S S3 a.k.a C2 because of the lack of support and ota updates.
I told her about the lack of updates and that HOS S4 users already got several updates. I even told her that we can't get custom roms for our devices because devs are not interested in this device and they don't have the stuff that they need in order to provide such roms.
She told me that she will forward my complains and they will do something about this problem.

Where did you post the review?

viper9586

Jul 27, 2012
Bucuresti
Nope... not happy... it's just that whatever we do, HTC doesn't care about the "little people". They pulled a stunt, and in the short run, it worked.
I don't know how long it's going to last, because i think i'm not the only one who won't buy another HTC phone again.

That being said, I am very disappointed since i found that there are two versions of the One S - especially that i have the inferior one with limited support and development possibilities.

Long story, short: F U HTC !!!

Schlengge

Sep 11, 2012
Berlin
I am very upset too.
I am really happy that we have awesome Devs who port their Roms on our S3 so wen can at least care about the updates on our own!

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

.TanTien

Aug 7, 2012
For me that was also my first and last HTC for sure. I worked during my whole summer vacation to get this phone and now I'm not satisfied with it. Should have gone with the SGS3 or tge Galaxy Nexus. I've already contacted HTC and they said that there will be update support because otherwise they would have announced that there will be no updates in the future. Somehow I can't believe this statement.

Sent from my HTC One S using Trickdroid v3.0.0

There is hope guys:
Support: Vielen Dank (Me), dass Sie HTC kontaktiert haben. Ihre Anfrage wird geprueft.
Me: Vielen Dank
Support: Das Update vom HTC One S soll in diesen Tagen ausgerollt werden. Bis alle Geräte erreicht sind, dauert es ca 45 Tage
Me: Welches Android wäre das dann?
Support: entschuldigen sie bitte. Das ist das Jelly bean Update
Me: Okey. Sind Sie sicher, dass dieses Update auch für das One S villec2 (mit Snapdragon S3) kommt? Weil ich habe bisher nur gelesen, dass das Jelly Bean Update für das normale Ville kommt, ohne das das VilleC2 erwähnt wurde.
Support: Doch, da wird keine ausnahme gemacht. Unsere offizielle Information macht da keine Unterschiede.
Me: Okey, vielen Dank für die Auskunft.

English:
Support: Thank you for contacting HTC. We are checking your request.
Me: Thank you
Support: The update for the One S will be coming in the next days. It will take about 45 days until every device is reached.
Me: Which Android is it going to be?
Support: excuse me. This will be the Jelly bean pdate
Me: Okey. Are you sure that this update will be coming for the One S villec2 (with Snapdragon S3)? Because I've only read news saying that the Jelly Bean update is coming for the Ville. The VilleC2 was nerver mentioned in those news.
Support: We don't make exceptions. The official information doesn't make any differences.
Me: Okey, thank you for your help.

I hope I can rely on this information.

Last edited:

th3ant

Feb 24, 2011
I am not happy with the lack of updates. I am in the queue to speak to HTC and will post my chat log here when complete.

Reactions: stylus1828

Matekofski

Aug 19, 2011
I have to say i'm disapointed in the uptadate olicy for one s c2 too...the 3 dot menu black bar is really annoying on android 4.0.3, sense 4.0....
Although i cant say im experiencing lags with s3 processor...but i havent't tried the s4 processor...
Also, here in croatia (ex yugoslavia), there are no htc one s with s4... :(

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

stylus1828

Feb 21, 2008
Alba Iulia & Cluj Napoca
Everyone should contact htc online or by e-mail and tell them that you are dissapointed. I believe that contacting them online via chat, they definiotely do something about this problem.
@th3ant waiting for your chat transcript!

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

For me that was also my first and last HTC for sure. I worked during my whole summer vacation to get this phone and now I'm not satisfied with it. Should have gone with the SGS3 or tge Galaxy Nexus. I've already contacted HTC and they said that there will be update support because otherwise they would have announced that there will be no updates in the future. Somehow I can't believe this statement.

Sent from my HTC One S using Trickdroid v3.0.0

There is hope guys:
Support: Vielen Dank (Me), dass Sie HTC kontaktiert haben. Ihre Anfrage wird geprueft.
Me: Vielen Dank
Support: Das Update vom HTC One S soll in diesen Tagen ausgerollt werden. Bis alle Geräte erreicht sind, dauert es ca 45 Tage
Me: Welches Android wäre das dann?
Support: entschuldigen sie bitte. Das ist das Jelly bean Update
Me: Okey. Sind Sie sicher, dass dieses Update auch für das One S villec2 (mit Snapdragon S3) kommt? Weil ich habe bisher nur gelesen, dass das Jelly Bean Update für das normale Ville kommt, ohne das das VilleC2 erwähnt wurde.
Support: Doch, da wird keine ausnahme gemacht. Unsere offizielle Information macht da keine Unterschiede.
Me: Okey, vielen Dank für die Auskunft.

English:
Support: Thank you for contacting HTC. We are checking your request.
Me: Thank you
Support: The update for the One S will be coming in the next days. It will take about 45 days until every device is reached.
Me: Which Android is it going to be?
Support: excuse me. This will be the Jelly bean pdate
Me: Okey. Are you sure that this update will be coming for the One S villec2 (with Snapdragon S3)? Because I've only read news saying that the Jelly Bean update is coming for the Ville. The VilleC2 was nerver mentioned in those news.
Support: We don't make exceptions. The official information doesn't make any differences.
Me: Okey, thank you for your help.

I hope I can rely on this information.

Yeah right ... "Support: We don't make exceptions. The official information doesn't make any differences." excuse me but this is bull****!
Thanks for the chat transcript!

th3ant

Feb 24, 2011
Well all hell went down as my browser crashed when I finished the chat, and I have not received the transcript via email (still waiting though).
I do however remember the gist of it, just not word for word, so please do excuse me for this :/

They stated that the 4.0.4 update has already been released to automatic update servers. Depending on whether your phone is locked or branded with a certain network, times may vary. They did not mention anything about it varying from S4 to S3 models. The help representative also showed me how to check for update manually (Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates -> Check Now) but of course this returned nothing. I did persist for a bit about the 4.0.4 update, but they started to get a bit annoyed so I decided to move on.

I then inquired about the 4.1 Jelly Bean update, but only got what looked like a copy/pasted response. I said that they have confirmed that the HTC One X, One XL and One S will be receiving the update. Seeing as I don't think other users have got this I did not persist with asking why.

To finish off I mentioned that all users I have seen on Android Development forums with S3 models have not been receiving the updates. Initially he stated that this was because they may be on branded/different networks or access different automatic update servers, However I replied with there are cases of people on the same network not getting the update due to having a different model. I then suggested he should take what I said and pass it on to a member with higher position in the company, but he returned by saying it was third party evidence which can not be accredited for accuracy.

At this point he seemed quite annoyed with me and I chose to leave before anything happened or he started to not answer my questions properly. Once again sorry for the lack of log, but if you believe me (this is the truth honest :)) I appreciate it.

----
If you found this useful please hit thanks!

Reactions: stylus1828

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    :confused:

Those f*****g f*****s at HTC must have forgotten that they have released HTC One S with S3 processor, cause those assholes, haven't released a single OTA update for this phone, no Sens 4.1 one for us (not that I care about sens, but some might!), no 4.0.4 android for. I guess they don't mind having their phone in a customer hands with known vulnerabilities. And when you write to them they just act like the update is already out, and just try to convince you that you are probably to stupid to know how to use an update settings, or you live in to big of a **** hole for updates to find you. If somebody knows where and how to make a petition where we could show HTC how many unsatisfied costumers it have, I would glady to sign it, and rubb it into ther face. It is really not fare that such good phone has such bad support. And I don't want to buy a f**** flagship phone with gigantic screen just to have my phone supported by the manufacturer.

That would be all,

Have a nice day everybod,

and to be-loving HTC, F*** YOU and your s***ty update policy!

P.S.: I hope I won't get banned for bad language, but it is hard to express my rage against HTC differently :D

First they let us wait for months to get proper update. Now they have protected kernel so we can't obtain proper root access. I must say again f*** htc.
    I ask myself "was this phone crap when I bought it?"

No.

I ask myself "is this phone crap now?"

No

I say to all the whining people "sell your HTC, buy a Samsung and go whine on their forums" then we will have a nice quiet forum and a great phone that still does everything we bought it for. Just need to sweep up all the dummies that have been spit onto the floor.
    Odp: HTC One S C2 is forgotten by HTC itself!!!

My first and last htc. No updates no fun :mad:

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app