[ROM] LegacyHuawei CyanogenMod 11.0

Search This thread

Blefish

Aug 19, 2011
Thanks Blefish!! You've mentioned something about 256 MB zRAM in this release. Should it bother me (for example, does it make the ROM slower)?

Not that much, but the main issue is that after some time the phone gets slow and the logs are filled with zRAM errors. It seems to happen less frequently when the zRAM size is smaller but it's still there.

I will fix up the links soon as well (the first page mainly, it's a total mess and the recoveries are not uploaded to BasketBuild yet).

Reactions: nayneshdev

Blefish

Aug 19, 2011
New release up, enjoy!

You can check the changelog for more info, however this release fixes recent security exploits and adds adaptive LMK, which really improved CM-12.1 memory management. ZRAM size is now 192M and U8800pro specific bugs should be fixed.
The build might have yesterday's date, this is because I initiated it early today and it used GMT time, which was still yesterday. U8800pro upload will finish in ~10 minutes.

Last edited:

ochentay4

Sep 8, 2011
Well, Ive just tried CM12.1 on my U8800H and it was too slow for my taste. Then I tried CM11 and I was really surprised how fast the rom is. Going to stick with it for everyday use! Thanks Blefish!

Is there any known bug that I might have to avoid on CM11?

Blefish

Aug 19, 2011
Well, Ive just tried CM12.1 on my U8800H and it was too slow for my taste. Then I tried CM11 and I was really surprised how fast the rom is. Going to stick with it for everyday use! Thanks Blefish!

Is there any known bug that I might have to avoid on CM11?

The audio skipping is quite horrible. I will do another release in a couple of days that includes a testing fix for it, worked fine for me but not sure if it really fixes it.

New release will also use ROW I/O scheduler again, apparently it's better for lowmem targets. Also dedicated power HAL from LX, which should improve performance by configuring the governors correctly. I will also incorporate a fix for U8860, apparently front camera was not working.

-EDIT-
Forgot to mention, it will also fix some of the newer stagefright exploits that came up after the last release.

Reactions: nayneshdev

bibile

Oct 12, 2012
Hi which Gapps do you use ? can you put a link to the ones you're using (mine have not managed to install over your CM11 build)

thx

redsentinel

Sep 22, 2015
Hello Blefish,
i want to thank you for this, and your work on this CM11 LegacyHuawei is super awesome!
i just try using your rom on my U8860 two days ago (i used the stock ICS before), and it make me feel like i have a new phone!

But, there is still two major problem that i find and maybe need your attention for your further release,

1. Front camera not working, when i switch to front camera, the camera apps stop working and give me a "Camera error. Can't connect to the camera" notification.

2. “Unfortunately, Trebuchet has stopped” when i try to enable search bar on homescreen setting, i need to kill the process, clear apps data and reboot to make trebuchet work again.

Last edited:

Blefish

Aug 19, 2011
Hello Blefish,
i want to thank you for this, and your work on this CM11 LegacyHuawei is super awesome!
i just try using your rom on my U8860 two days ago (i used the stock ICS before), and it make me feel like i have a new phone!

But, there is still two major problem that i find and maybe need your attention for your further release,

1. Front camera not working, when i switch to front camera, the camera apps stop working and give me a "Camera error. Can't connect to the camera" notification.

2. “Unfortunately, Trebuchet has stopped” when i try to enable search bar on homescreen setting, i need to kill the process, clear apps data and reboot to make trebuchet work again.

The first issue is solved fortunately. I will do a new build tomorrow with the fix.
The second issue seems to be related to gapps. Maybe you can try using different gapps?

Reactions: redsentinel

redsentinel

Sep 22, 2015
The first issue is solved fortunately. I will do a new build tomorrow with the fix.
The second issue seems to be related to gapps. Maybe you can try using different gapps?

1. Awesome! i believe this will be a super great news for all LegacyHuawei user :victory:

2. What kind of gapps that you used. pico, nano, micro..? or you have a custom built gapps..?

Blefish

Aug 19, 2011
1. Awesome! i believe this will be a super great news for all LegacyHuawei user :victory:

2. What kind of gapps that you used. pico, nano, micro..? or you have a custom built gapps..?

U8800/U8800pro builds are up, U8860 is currently uploading (once md5sum file is uploaded, it's completed).

I can't really remember. I have used various ones from XDA usually. Just make sure it's designed for 4.4.
Last time I used this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53319258

bibile

Oct 12, 2012
Data still not working for me...

I've decided to restart from scratch so :
  • Actions
    I've taken the B919 Dess posted
    Booted and reinstalled a fresh 919 with DLOAD
    - apn not correctly set (proxy port incorrect)
    - I've modified the apn & the data was there
    Installed Kingroot (got root access)
    Installed 5irom
    mounted the bootloader partition
    copied the latest twrp img from basketbuild
    finally booted into recovery
    installed blepart-lvm
    (BTW I have now issues with mounting some partitions in recovery mode... )
    factory reset
    installed the CM 11
    booted
    set the same APN...
    Data is not working

Is there any issue with the APN type? what is mandatory & what is useless ?
with a 4.03 rom default,mms,supl is ok...
I've tried a couple of combinations APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri,internet (added, removed some from the list) ... but no way to got it work.

anzi2001

Nov 2, 2014
@Blefish ...Hmm while i was charging my phone(dead battery) i found this blue thing below the battery logo...what is that?

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1443450294610.jpg
    1443450294610.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 286

redsentinel

Sep 22, 2015
Hi Blefish,
is there any Radio FM app that work well on CM11 LegacyHuawei..?
i have tried Spirit UL, the app open and work but got no sound on the earphone,
or does it require any specific settings..?

zaf_4

Jan 2, 2010
Volos
Is there anyone that can help me how to fix the wifi? cant connect with anything. Tried 2 different. I am on the latest cm11.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Readme

Use the standard Torch app wherever possible, it only enables flashlight. Other apps from Play Store are designed to use the camera interface, which means camera will use additional power.

For more RAM: Settings->Performance->Memory management.
    Do not enable KSM, as video encoder/decoder stops working.

HuaweiSettings
    Charge current - allows you to set custom charging current. While this actually limits the current input, it effectively decreases or increases the available current transferred to the battery. This is useful in multiple ways:
    • Slower, but more effective charging. Your battery will last longer.
    • Faster charging when connected to USB. For example, USB charging is limited to 500mA, but newer PCs allow drawing up to 800mA or even more. This can be configured via the setting.
    • Manual override of non-standard charger allowing to draw more than 500mA.
    Magnetic sensor calibration - lets you delete previous calibration information. This is useful to recalibrate the compass (when it's inaccurate). Just tap the item & then open any compass up to recalibrate your sensor.

If the phone reboots unexpectedly, crash log is found at /data/dontpanic .

To report bugs, use this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog
    New release up, enjoy!

Built upon the latest code there is (as always).
    Wi-Fi should not crash the phone anymore, but if it does, now you can send me the logs (check second post). It may have occasional high power usage, but it is improved over the last version.

I swapped the Synaptics driver with a new one. This driver does not have freezes (another developer helped testing it) & it should enter/exit suspend properly. Hopefully this one does not corrupt the firmware, unlike the previous one did (for some users).

If you want to have the latest CWM recovery installed (compiled with the ROM), you can now enable it in Settings->Development options->Update CM recovery. If you enable it, next reboot will install the latest recovery (which does not have freezing issues).

If you currently have KSM enabled, you may have to disable it. A while after booting up, the video decoder/encoder no longer works otherwise (this is due to incompatibility between CMA & KSM).
    New release up, enjoy!

This version brings back default stock proximity sensor "close" threshold. If you have issues and the previous value was better, replace /system/lib/hw/sensors.u8800.so with previous release one.

You might need to recheck CPU settings after this version, since the CPU frequency table was changed again.

I hope other features work as normal, since I am doing some unification work to get Huawei U8860 running with common base.

Reflash gapps too!
    I won't start quoting, there are too many posts, but wow!

I honestly never thought the solution would be this. And the solution was to disable MDDI reverse link. If anyone wants to know, reverse link is used to "receive" info from MDDI, whereas normally you just send data to it. I guess there is a problem with NT355xx panels, so it needed to be disabled. The change to always use NT35582 is not changing anything really, as NT35510 had almost exactly the same driver, minus fps patch (which work, at least for U8800-51).

Actually, the display not turning on at calls is a different bug. I believe it's caused by proximity sensor, which has too low values to detect "far" events. As some said it's related to brightness, they're absolutely right, but this isn't the real explanation. You can debug this by downloading a proximity sensor testing app. Elixir 2 works nicely.

I will do test4 today, with test3 + modified proximity sensor thresholds. I am aware of some having low audio while some have it distorted, so I will make TPA2028D1 driver match Huawei values, hopefully sorting this out.

Since test3 fixes black screen/glitches, I will also update the recovery & blepart installer sometime soon.

I actually registered to be a recognized developer a few days ago, they said it would take quite some time for them to process it, so we'll see.

The phone booting to recovery while offmode is a recovery problem, and I won't work on a solution for now (as the proper solution is changing bootloader). Wifi hotspot comes sometime later, when I have time to debug it's crashing problem.

Last days here have been amazing!