Touch Screen "Smudge"

Search This thread

Glen L

Sep 20, 2007
I've read that updating the rom would remove these smudges? is it true?

Last edited:

rony1234

Feb 23, 2008
Folks, have been reading on this for sometime, I too have the same smudge on my HTC, has anyone got a replacement from HTC for this issue ? or do they just take the phone in for repairs ?

Thanks in advance

bici64

Jun 30, 2005
hi
i have a problem with a touch panel of my Elf
the touch panel not work
when make a hard reset the touch panel work for 2 hours
before is out
i make a change a touch panel or there is a solution ?
thank

thedaddyy

Apr 25, 2005
I also had the smudge for about 4 months of which i put up with cause i could not do without my Baby ELF.
4 weeks ago i could not here anything when making a call unless i switched to loud speaker or used my bluetooth headset,
And so i was forced to take my phone back to Orange......

Orange sent it back to the manufactures to repair it but they didnt fix it.
Orange instead gave me a Refurbished Elf 2 days ago.

I didnt complain as it is as new (better condition than my one)
and i now have another years warranty.......
what more could i want.

And to top it all it has the latest Rom and the screen sensitivity feels much better.....

bici64

Jun 30, 2005
hi
i have a problem with a touch panel of my Elf
the touch panel not work
when make a hard reset the touch panel work for 2 hours
before is out
i make a change a touch panel or there is a solution ?
thank
hi
i mount the Cesare66 win 6.1 ITA rom and the touch panel work very well
thank

x86

Jun 7, 2008
Cairns
www.nfopic.com
ihave had my htc touch since dec2007 and no smudge in the middle that i can see anyhow lol, my eyes r not the best.. i can see a few very very slight scratching, but my touch screen works brilliant.

lcarrillo

Oct 2, 2007
I had the same blur on mine, I carry it to the store i bought it, with the warranty they change me the screen (after two weeks) and was fine for 1 1/2 month and now i get the same blur.

pheroah

Dec 5, 2006
Melbourne
Hi All,

I have a confirmation from HTC that this is a known manufacturing defect; and they should swap the unit immediately for a new one. If the phone is a bit old they might try to repair it by changing the screen.

These are the only two solutions to this problem; and the store shouldnt BS you about anything else.

erwinsie

May 29, 2005
SyDnEy
hi just like pheroah said, i can confirm that if you still under warranty, just send it back, they will change the LCD without question. mine is fixed from smudges now. thanks

piper_indebt

Feb 1, 2008
Singapore City
Hi Everybody, I have my touch for 6 months now, And I have noticed today that I also have that annoying smudge, mine is the same with alexandred's picture, almos 2Cm wide and 3 to 4 CM Long, My Touch is still under warranty I guess, so I will try to work on a replacement. Hope they would fix this or replace with new one. But I have to get my original rom back first I guess. :)
I didnt have this problem initially, Its only this month I've noticed this blur. I'm suspecting maybe i dropped my phone resulting to this blur, thats the only possible case that I could think of. But then again I might be wrong. will update you guys if my provider (m1 singapore) will do anything to my phone.

Update: Called up M1, they reffered me to HTC Care, So I went there, with my phone, the customer service right away said its not covered in the warranty, and she asked another customer service, different opinion, she said, "Its always like that What" and then they consulted ther technician, and they explained that the smudge/blur is caused by pressure, and that I have to pay some SGD 100 to replace the LCD. So, I got my phone back, just thought of having it replaced if its really gets worst.

BUt any of you guys who got their LCD blurred so bad while your phone is ON got any worst?

Last edited:

ukiie

Aug 1, 2009
prob

hi all,
i recently tried to update my rom to the new onyx 5.2 , but running it on my pc through the active sync. It worked for a while then the phone just went off and its stuck on the windows mobility screen and doesn't seem to want to load the os ...what should i do

thatguy1982

Jul 1, 2008
seems to be a common problem with the elf. it happened to me ad it seemed the layers of the digitiser had begun to seperate due to sudden temprature change. eventually it stopped responding to touch, fixed it temporaraly by spplying pressure in a freezer lol. have since replaced it with a chinese clone digitiser and its worked fine ever since