LG-Mytouch (LG-E739) .:UN-OFFICIAL:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DMOYER

Sep 3, 2011
I have seen other threads, but none of wich i felt were complete, nor in the right areas. I think this should be put in development area, but maybe here for now.

Phone Info:
Model Number: LG-E739
Android Version: 2.3.4
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-perf
Build Number: GRj22
Software Version: V10k-OCT-11-2011

There have been two ways found thus far that have been reported as working. I have had the 1st way work for me and the 2nd way has not. So i can attest the 1st way worked for me, and even stays rooted after reboot.

1st.>
Source: You Tube

First download these files...
Driver
Unlockroot
Super User

Then after all files have downloaded, install driver first.
When your driver is installed, run Unlockroot program. Click on root, and after a few prompts, your phone should restart, and be rooted.

Now install Super User.apk file from market, and to verify you have super user privlages, download terminal emulator and type "su" in prompt screen folowed by enter. if the file path changes from $ to #, you have sucessfully rooted your LG-Mytouch.

2nd.> Superoneclick 2.2
Source: androidcentral

Hi, found SuperOneClick 2.2 wich have a folder named ADB, I think I could use instead, btw I downloaded it from shortfuse.org. So far this is what i have got for instructions:

- Download SuperOneClick 2.2 (shortfuse.org/?page_id=2)
- Download myTouch drivers (lg.com/us/mobile-phones/mobile-support/mobile-lg-mobile-phone-support.jsp)
- Check that adb recognizes device: "X":\(ADB Folder Here)> adb devices
- Follow eamondaly's instructions:

"X":\(ADB Folder Here)> adb shell
$ echo 1 > /data/local/lge_adb.conf
$ exit

- Run SuperOneClick v2.2 (Instructions here are a little clouded for me here, not sure what to do other than hit the root button)
- Wait for phone to reboot (SuperOneClick seems to be paused)(Dont know what he means here)
- Reset USB debugging (mine was turned off after reboot)(Dont know what he means here)
- Wait for SuperOneClick to finish.
- Enjoy rooted phone

ROMS:
I have not yet found a plae with roms that work with the LG-Mytouch. If anyone knows of any or how to make my own please enlighten me.

Thanks.

saranhai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 5, 2011
Nowhere
I have seen other threads, but none of wich i felt were complete, nor in the right areas. I think this should be put in development area, but maybe here for now.

Phone Info:

There have been two ways found thus far that have been reported as working. I have had the 1st way work for me and the 2nd way has not. So i can attest the 1st way worked for me, and even stays rooted after reboot.

1st.>

Driver
Unlockroot
Super User

When your driver is installed, run Unlockroot program. Click on root, and after a few prompts, your phone should restart, and be rooted.

Now install Super User.apk file from market, and to verify you have super user privlages, download terminal emulator and type "su" in prompt screen folowed by enter. if the file path changes from $ to #, you have sucessfully rooted your LG-Mytouch.

2nd.> Superoneclick 2.2

Hi, found SuperOneClick 2.2 wich have a folder named ADB, I think I could use instead, btw I downloaded it from shortfuse.org. So far this is what i have got for instructions:

- Download myTouch drivers (lg.com/us/mobile-phones/mobile-support/mobile-lg-mobile-phone-support.jsp)

$ exit

- Run SuperOneClick v2.2 (Instructions here are a little clouded for me here, not sure what to do other than hit the root button)
- Wait for phone to reboot (SuperOneClick seems to be paused)(Dont know what he means here)
- Reset USB debugging (mine was turned off after reboot)(Dont know what he means here)
- Enjoy rooted phone

ROMS:
I have not yet found a plae with roms that work with the LG-Mytouch. If anyone knows of any or how to make my own please enlighten me.

Thanks.

hey man, i know you're trying to help out, and thanks for this guide. but nonetheless, this isn't the place to put it. this is the HTC Glacier Mytouch 4G forums, NOT the LG Mytouch.

once again, i know you're just trying to help out, but please, don't post about the LG Mytouch in the HTC Mytouch 4G thread. thanks :)
(i'll hit the thanks button for your work)

psychoace

Apr 21, 2009
There are general android forums for phones that don't have a forum. You should really put this there cause your going to get nothing from us

Sent from my NookColor using xda premium

The Archangel

Sep 2, 2010
Virginia beach
There are general android forums for phones that don't have a forum. You should really put this there cause your going to get nothing from us

That's not true, some of us here, might be able to help with some if the problems

If I helped, give thanks, if you please.

Sent from my fist to your nuts, enjoy!

psychoace

Apr 21, 2009
That's not true, some of us here, might be able to help with some if the problems

Sent from my fist to your nuts, enjoy!

There is a better chance of someone in the general forum in helping him then in here. Yes there are people here that know about android phones but I doubt many of us know about lg phones. That is what is so great about the general forum cause there is a better chance that a person that knows about lg phones might answer. If you have ever read the general forum it is far from a noob meeting ground

The Archangel

Sep 2, 2010
Virginia beach
There is a better chance of someone in the general forum in helping him then in here. Yes there are people here that know about android phones but I doubt many of us know about lg phones. That is what is so great about the general forum cause there is a better chance that a person that knows about lg phones might answer. If you have ever read the general forum it is far from a noob meeting ground

But are phones share the same name, so some people would be inclined to see if we know anything or have any ideas

........Death before dishonor........

saranhai

Mar 5, 2011
Nowhere
But are phones share the same name, so some people would be inclined to see if we know anything or have any ideas

Why would we know (or even care)? Just because our phones share the same 'Mytouch' logo doesn't mean they're the same. This is the HTC Glacier, not some LG bull crap.

Sent from my HTC Glacier Sense 3.5 using xda premium

The Archangel

Sep 2, 2010
Virginia beach
Why would we know (or even care)? Just because our phones share the same 'Mytouch' logo doesn't mean they're the same. This is the HTC Glacier, not some LG bull crap.

I'm not trying to argue or start something. What I posted goes to the average person who just started rooting an modding there phones. Believe it or not, the typical person isn't that great at researching stuff. Hell I even asked some of my Co-workers, what would they do. An they said roughly the same thing, check the area with the same name, just in case. That's my case an my lawyer agrees with me, now it's up to the jury to decide.

TeeJay3800

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 31, 2009
Michigan
I'm not trying to argue or start something. What I posted goes to the average person who just started rooting an modding there phones. Believe it or not, the typical person isn't that great at researching stuff. Hell I even asked some of my Co-workers, what would they do. An they said roughly the same thing, check the area with the same name, just in case. That's my case an my lawyer agrees with me, now it's up to the jury to decide.
Nah, this is the MT4G forum. A forum for the new LG's will be created soon enough, and until then they can be discussed in the General Android forum.

The Archangel

Sep 2, 2010
Virginia beach
Nah, this is the MT4G forum. A forum for the new LG's will be created soon enough, and until then they can be discussed in the General Android forum.

I saw the specs on that on that phone, it's nothing to great honestly. The design is just as bad also. I wonder what happened between HTC an Tmobile, to cause them to stop the mytouch line

aznprodgy

Dec 22, 2010
Columbus, GA
LG V20
LG G7 ThinQ
I saw the specs on that on that phone, it's nothing to great honestly. The design is just as bad also. I wonder what happened between HTC an Tmobile, to cause them to stop the mytouch line

probably tons of hardware issues. bad/failed emmc chips, washed out screens, squeaky/creaky buttons, LED leakage, etc...probably didnt want to take another chance with HTC? I hear some of these issues are present with the Sensation as well, not sure about the 4G Slide or Amaze tho

saranhai

Mar 5, 2011
Nowhere

isn't it obvious? LG makes things for a cheaper price. same goes for samsung. that's why they're such big companies. they sell for wayyy cheaper than all the other companies (i.e HTC, Motorola) so that carriers like T-Mobile would go for them. then once the carriers go to them, the other companies all go out of business.

btw mr. highway, i'm not hating on you.. just saying :)
i just really hate this new LG Bull crap and how it's replacing a device that's so many times better.
please don't get offended.

The Archangel

Sep 2, 2010
Virginia beach
isn't it obvious? LG makes things for a cheaper price. same goes for samsung. that's why they're such big companies. they sell for wayyy cheaper than all the other companies (i.e HTC, Motorola) so that carriers like T-Mobile would go for them. then once the carriers go to them, the other companies all go out of business.

btw mr. highway, i'm not hating on you.. just saying :)
i just really hate this new LG Bull crap and how it's replacing a device that's so many times better.
please don't get offended.

It's fine bro, I'm just having ****ty days at work lately.

The Archangel

Sep 2, 2010
Virginia beach
probably tons of hardware issues. bad/failed emmc chips, washed out screens, squeaky/creaky buttons, LED leakage, etc...probably didnt want to take another chance with HTC? I hear some of these issues are present with the Sensation as well, not sure about the 4G Slide or Amaze tho

HTC makes greats phones though, just must had a batch of products

TeeJay3800

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 31, 2009
Michigan
HTC makes greats phones though, just must had a batch of products
I could be wrong, but my theory is that the reason the MT4G and other T-Mobile HTC's had so many quality problems is because of TMO being the "budget" carrier out of the big four. I've never heard of any of those quality problems on HTC's for other carriers, both in the U.S. and across the world. I think for a long time, HTC just didn't care at all about the phones destined for T-Mobile, so they tried to increase their profit margin but using sh***y parts and sh***y quality control on the MT4G, Sensation, etc. It started costing TMO major money on replacements, so they made a change, and that's why the new myTouch line, as crappy as it is, is now made by LG.

saranhai

Mar 5, 2011
Nowhere
I could be wrong, but my theory is that the reason the MT4G and other T-Mobile HTC's had so many quality problems is because of TMO being the "budget" carrier out of the big four. I've never heard of any of those quality problems on HTC's for other carriers, both in the U.S. and across the world. I think for a long time, HTC just didn't care at all about the phones destined for T-Mobile, so they tried to increase their profit margin but using sh***y parts and sh***y quality control on the MT4G, Sensation, etc. It started costing TMO major money on replacements, so they made a change, and that's why the new myTouch line, as crappy as it is, is now made by LG.

let's just hope LG Mytouch fails badly so T-Mobile will go back to HTC :D

The Archangel

Sep 2, 2010
Virginia beach

I still love HTC phones regardless. I really want the sensation

Rainbowbright081

Mar 20, 2011
Indiana

I recently spoke with a sales rep at my local tmobile store, although I don't know how much I can trust what he said due to his expression that said ” I'm talking but, I really don't know what about”., but anyways, when I asked about the htc / lg my touch change, he informed me that ” htc hasn't stopped making mytouch's, lg is just making another version.” Again, I don't know how much his word can be trusted.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

saranhai

Mar 5, 2011
Nowhere
I recently spoke with a sales rep at my local tmobile store, although I don't know how much I can trust what he said due to his expression that said ” I'm talking but, I really don't know what about”., but anyways, when I asked about the htc / lg my touch change, he informed me that ” htc hasn't stopped making mytouch's, lg is just making another version.” Again, I don't know how much his word can be trusted.

Psh then how come our beloved Glacier got removed from he T-Mobile website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Phone Info:

1st.>

Driver
    Unlockroot
    Super User

2nd.> Superoneclick 2.2

$ exit

- Enjoy rooted phone

ROMS:

Thanks.
    Agreed request a LG Mytouch thread

Cyanogenmod Nightlies
    Tdj's Demonspeed v10 Kernel
    ClockWorkMod Recovery 5.0.2.0
    Interesting perspective. Sprint's stock went up as a result of the news.

That is weird, I saw that as well.
    DT flat out said they were gonna pay down debt with the $3. So I wouldn't exactly call it perspective.
    http://www.tmonews.com/2011/12/deutsche-telekom-talks-breakup-fee-silent-on-plan-b-for-us-branch/
    However the $1 in spectrum and the roaming agreement are HUGE imo.
    unlockroot is considered warez, uses stolen exploit codes. Use zergrush or burritoroot instead.