ArmorSuit MilitaryShield/Skinomi TechSkin - Black Carbon Fiber Film + SP (update 2)

Search This thread

Blaze9

Jun 11, 2010
Yep it's just a skin. I prefer that to keep it's weight.

Personally, I think the phone is too thin and light. I keep dropping it cause of that. hah. Thats why i wanted a bigger case, one with more grip. I have -huge- hands.

From what I've used before, the skins are good, but the edges will get dirty so you have to be really good with cleaning.

dandrumheller

Jul 10, 2010
Southern Maine / Seacoast NH
Using the screen protector with a tpu case. Compared to zagg invisible shield (my only similar point of comparison) the protector seems somewhat softer material, a little more susceptible to surface damage and scratches. It does seem equally protective as the zagg. Slightly easier install, though this might just be more installation experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

contentryder

Aug 11, 2006
Houston
I ordered both of them but the skinomi came in first. It only took two days. Bodyguardz had a negative review about the battery cover skin on Amazon so I purchased this as well. Applied it. Nice feel, texture. Skin is of 3M quality. Only the sides had a small gap. Also came with a screen protector. Chose this over a case to keep it's thinness and weight. Here are the results:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1319327296152.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1319327296152.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,451
  • uploadfromtaptalk1319327323621.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1319327323621.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 991
  • uploadfromtaptalk1319327365018.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1319327365018.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 917
  • uploadfromtaptalk1319327386339.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1319327386339.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 889
  • uploadfromtaptalk1319327411116.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1319327411116.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 867
  • uploadfromtaptalk1319328060125.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1319328060125.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 873
  • uploadfromtaptalk1319328225292.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1319328225292.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 941
Reactions: evodon84

contentryder

Aug 11, 2006
Houston
It's a very simple install just needs patience if you want it to all line up perfectly.

evodon84

Aug 7, 2010
San Diego
Wow this looks really cool. After having the phone for a day I can say that without a case I can hardly notice it's even in my pocket so I was interested in just a skin and this one looks really cool.

I am going to order it based on your pics and review.

Thanks again

contentryder

Aug 11, 2006
Houston
The ArmorSuit Military Shield came in today. From looking at it:
- Comes in a box instead of a tube like Skinomi.
- Carbon fiber weaving is the same, high quality 3M brand, but the cuts aren't precise as Skinomi. Though the side cuts do trace around the power and volume rocker better instead of having a cut.
- Screen protector seems thinner, might be better for sensitivity but I'm not having any problems with Skimomi's right now.
- It's comes with the same solution tube.
- A rubber card which is better than Skinomi's plastic.
- Comes with a lint-free cloth. Something Skinomi didn't offer.
- Costs less than Skinomi by a good margin.
- They both have the same instructions.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1319508773604.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1319508773604.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 1,590

speedking261

Oct 3, 2011
BodyGuardz is giving a free set of red carbon fiber skins with the purchase of a black or white one.

http://www.bodyguardz.com/season-of-giving

I ordered mine last night before I knew about this deal :(

Edit:
BodyGuardz let me reorder it so I could get the extra skin. I little happiness to another wise painful day :)

Last edited:

RichardPB

Oct 31, 2011
Review of ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Screen Protector Shield -Samsung Galaxy S2

After opening the box I found the instructions to be very clear - I followed through with each step and found the process easy, quick and exactly as the instructions had suggested. I left my Samsung Galaxy S ll overnight and presto the screen guard was perfect in the morning. The MilitaryShield was precisely cut to provide perfect fitting that has an invisibly look. If you own a Samsung Galaxy phone, this is the screen protector I have found. Look on ebay or Amazon and expect to pay $4-$8. Full review at friendcommended DOT com/showreplies.php?qid=824[/url]

alacrify

Jan 12, 2009
So any final votes for one or the other (Skinomi vs. ArmorSuit)? I'm ordering one tonight or tomorrow (need something that will fit in the Samsung dock, plus I like the slimness of the phone) and from what's here so far, it sounds like a coin flip (or price).

Any weight one way or the other appreciated!

grumeau

Oct 28, 2011
I am interested in the The ArmorSuit Military Shield full body (invisible color).
I saw on their web site the video on how to install the screen protector, but no video for the cell phone body. From some of the comments it seems pretty easy but you just need to be careful. How does the skin stick to the phone ? Do you have to use the solution spray ? Thanks for any advice.

Also has anyone tried the phone with the full body ArmorSuit Military Shield with one of those cases :
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0056Y7BK2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=AMTU4SZ18PWZ4
or http://www.amazon.com/TPU-Cases-Fle...4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1320511190&sr=1-4
Does it fit well ? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

afrojoc

Feb 18, 2011
Moore, OK
Ihave the military shield and its freaking amazing. the screen is still super sensitive and it was easier then making a bowl of cereal to put on. I did use the spray to apply it but i was also careful not to let the spray get into the speaker or the side buttons when i squeegeed it out. Very good. Very protective. Unnoticeable with screen on. Id suggest you buy it if you want absolute protection.

I no longer worry about cleaning my screen anymore.

PS I bought the full body ArmorSuit but only used the screen protector and the back protector and it feels NICE! And if you buy a TPU case on top of that you'll no longer worry about your phones protection....ever... ITS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: alacrify

afrojoc

Feb 18, 2011
Moore, OK
I am interested in the The ArmorSuit Military Shield full body (invisible color).
I saw on their web site the video on how to install the screen protector, but no video for the cell phone body. From some of the comments it seems pretty easy but you just need to be careful. How does the skin stick to the phone ? Do you have to use the solution spray ? Thanks for any advice.

Also has anyone tried the phone with the full body ArmorSuit Military Shield with one of those cases :
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0056Y7BK2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=AMTU4SZ18PWZ4
or http://www.amazon.com/TPU-Cases-Fle...4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1320511190&sr=1-4

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

thats the exact case i have. its pretty good except I dont like the volume buttons on it. Thinking about using a precision knife to cut them out so I can actually feel the buttons click. Other wise it doesnt make the screen protection rub off or anything. Very solid feel. Pretty decent grip. Nice and cheap too ;)

Reactions: alacrify

contentryder

Aug 11, 2006
Houston
so what about removal? how easy do you think it would be to take it all off? and do you see any of the corners being able to come loose?
It's the same material that I used to wrap my car..it's an easy process. It doesn't leave a sticky residue. Make sure to apply heat on the corners with a blow dryer to keep it's shape on the corners. It's memory material.

So any final votes for one or the other (Skinomi vs. ArmorSuit)? I'm ordering one tonight or tomorrow (need something that will fit in the Samsung dock, plus I like the slimness of the phone) and from what's here so far, it sounds like a coin flip (or price).

Skinomi has a more precise cut. Armorsuit has a better screen protector.

alacrify

Jan 12, 2009
Thanks - and thanks everybody for the feedback - I ordered the Skinomi (like the looks of the wrap better) - I'll try the Armorsuit screen protector if I don't like the Skinomi. I've never found a screen protector I liked, so I'll probably end up with both :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so what about removal? how easy do you think it would be to take it all off? and do you see any of the corners being able to come loose?
    It's the same material that I used to wrap my car..it's an easy process. It doesn't leave a sticky residue. Make sure to apply heat on the corners with a blow dryer to keep it's shape on the corners. It's memory material.

Skinomi has a more precise cut. Armorsuit has a better screen protector.

I ordered both of them but the skinomi came in first. It only took two days. Bodyguardz had a negative review about the battery cover skin on Amazon so I purchased this as well. Applied it. Nice feel, texture. Skin is of 3M quality. Only the sides had a small gap. Also came with a screen protector. Chose this over a case to keep it's thinness and weight. Here are the results:

Ihave the military shield and its freaking amazing. the screen is still super sensitive and it was easier then making a bowl of cereal to put on. I did use the spray to apply it but i was also careful not to let the spray get into the speaker or the side buttons when i squeegeed it out. Very good. Very protective. Unnoticeable with screen on. Id suggest you buy it if you want absolute protection.

I no longer worry about cleaning my screen anymore.

PS I bought the full body ArmorSuit but only used the screen protector and the back protector and it feels NICE! And if you buy a TPU case on top of that you'll no longer worry about your phones protection....ever... ITS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

thats the exact case i have. its pretty good except I dont like the volume buttons on it. Thinking about using a precision knife to cut them out so I can actually feel the buttons click. Other wise it doesnt make the screen protection rub off or anything. Very solid feel. Pretty decent grip. Nice and cheap too ;)