BreakDroid 0.6.7 Mac Auto Root / Android Tools 6-17-13

Search This thread

elgoog123

Oct 19, 2010
Kindle Fire Rooting

Hi I'm new to rooting Kindle Fires. I have previous experience with the Evo and know my way around some of the rooting things. I just have a few questions for rooting the Kindle Fire.
1) If you use the auto method does it automatically restart the kindle fire upon completion of steps? and what are people's success rates with the auto feature.
2) Could somebody give me a step by step tutorial on how to root using breakdroid if I go manual way.
3) Is there any possibility of bricking using this method. (Sorry, its a new gift so excited to root but dont want to accidentally break it hehe)

Thanks,
help is appreciated

bsholtojones

Nov 20, 2011
S2 i9100

hey...
any chance of this working on a S2 i9100? my first droid since owning apples, but i still find macbooks less hairpullingoutingly frustrating than windows so need some help rooting....

JustSayTech

Jul 13, 2010
Brooklyn
just an update, now i have the following phones at my disposal:

T-mobile G2 (HTC Desire Z PC10100)
Rooted CM9 RC0 Beta10 -Unofficial

Verizon Xperia Play (Sony Ericsson Zeus R800i)
Stock

T-mobile G1 (HTC Dream DREA100)
Rooted CM6

T-mobile MyTouch 4G (HTC Glacier PD15100)
Rooted CM7

T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide (HTC Espresso)
Latest Stock

Motorola Droid X
Latest Stock

don't have the G2X anymore... i also have more devices on the way

pfranson

Aug 24, 2011
KF 6.3.1 breakdroid 6.4

On step 4 within the Kindle Tools, I'm stuck after the boot, and it comes back up to TWRP, I keep getting "ERROR: could not get pipe properties" over and over.

What did I do wrong? I tried to follow the steps faithfully, did I miss a step somewhere?

Never mind -- I uninstalled the SDK and installed the bare adb, then it all worked like a charm.

Last edited:

loechie

Jun 17, 2012
Yusun W-800

Hi, I have a smartphone that i bought in China (i live in Belgium).
It is the Yusun W-800 (android version 2.3.6). I also own an apple imac. I want to use breakdroid to root the phone. Will it work ? Do i have to follow all the steps in the program ?
I want to root it because i can not use any google programs on it (android market, google +, etc...)

Tanx

Bortx

Jun 18, 2012
Hello, I have a HTC Wildfire S and I want to try. What should I do?

I run the breakdroid and I have to choose a number.

I think I have to type number 3 first to install Android SDK
After this type number 4
After this type number 7
and then it´s ok??

cc1995

Apr 3, 2012
I have a Verizion Galaxy Nexus and am on 4.0.4. I use a MAC and was wondering if this tool will work to unlock and root my nexus? I saw that it works with 4.0.3, but I've never rooted before and don't want to brick my device. Also, does this tool help you install Clockwork Mod and Superuser. I've been lookng at other methods of rooting on a MAC and every one seems slightly different. This seems like the best method, but I'm not sure if it will work with my 4.0.4 update. I couldn't find verification that it will work and if it doesn't I'm not skilled enough in this rooting to go back and save my device from becoming a brick. Looking for some advice and wanting to learn. Thanks

Last edited:

Jur1852

Jul 15, 2012
I'm new here.

So far so good with Breakdroid. I run the 'app' en it said 'done installing root files'.

what is the next step to instal Android 2.3 on my SE X10 mini? (I use a Macbook Pro with Lion)

bsholtojones

Nov 20, 2011
very new to this....

hey...
so, i don't really know what i'm doing with this whole "rooting" thing....i've got a galaxy s2 i9100 and a macbook pro...reading the comments on this thread and in the readme of the app, i believe i can use this program to root my phone...i realise i do this at my own risk an everything and that's fine, i was just wondering whether some-one had rooted their i9100 with a mac and had success? and if so, what's the process? i gave it a try, and selected 'root multiple devices' (as per the readme), but it seemed to hang...do i need to put the phone into download mode or something? could someone give me a run through of what the steps are? cheers

bsholtojones

Nov 20, 2011
...little help?

hey...
so, i don't really know what i'm doing with this whole "rooting" thing....i've got a galaxy s2 i9100 and a macbook pro...reading the comments on this thread and in the readme of the app, i believe i can use this program to root my phone...i realise i do this at my own risk an everything and that's fine, i was just wondering whether some-one had rooted their i9100 with a mac and had success? and if so, what's the process? i gave it a try, and selected 'root multiple devices' (as per the readme), but it seemed to hang...do i need to put the phone into download mode or something? could someone give me a run through of what the steps are? cheers

ok...so i gave it a go...installed the adk, and went for #7 Root multiple devices, as per the readme recommendation for an i9100...got a bunch of errors....

[-] Not a 2.2/2.3 Android ...
remount failed: Operation not permitted
failed to copy '/Volumes/BreakDroid/.files/su' to '/system/xbin/su': Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory

...it does install the SuperUser app, but using RootCHecker, it says that i don't have root access...i'm running stock 4.0.3, is this the problem? is there another option? really need to root my phone so i can change the MODEM which is not suitable for my network...sooo many dropouts and reception issues...if i root i can use MobileOdin as i've got no access to a windows box....

bitigchi

Nov 19, 2012
ok...so i gave it a go...installed the adk, and went for #7 Root multiple devices, as per the readme recommendation for an i9100...got a bunch of errors....

[-] Not a 2.2/2.3 Android ...
remount failed: Operation not permitted
failed to copy '/Volumes/BreakDroid/.files/su' to '/system/xbin/su': Read-only file system

...it does install the SuperUser app, but using RootCHecker, it says that i don't have root access...i'm running stock 4.0.3, is this the problem? is there another option? really need to root my phone so i can change the MODEM which is not suitable for my network...sooo many dropouts and reception issues...if i root i can use MobileOdin as i've got no access to a windows box....

Same problem on a 2.3.5 Wildfire S. Some help would be really appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please do not hot link to my download. Link to the post and please don't use my work without asking.

Version 0.6.7 is up for download (no new root options)

Added general android tools:

Rebooting the device

Rebooting in to Recovery

Backing up your photos to your Mac

Fixing File permissions

Version 0.6.5 is available at the website.

- Updated the Recovery to TWRP 2.2.2.1 for the Kindle Fire

Version 0.6.4 changes

- Changed Kindle Fire recovery to TWRP.

- Updated Kindle Fire bootloader to FireFireFire 1.4a

- Added Kindle Fire recovery and bootloader updater for user who just want to update to the latest versions.

BreakDroid is a work in progress. My goal is to make a tool for Mac users that will root several different android phones and tablets as well as install the android sdk (adb).

It is very important to note that I only made the tools to automate these processes. All the developers of the root exploits and recoveries are listed below.

Current supported Devices-
    Kindle Fire - Tested Version 6.2.2., 6.3 & 6.3.1
    Galaxy Nexus - Seems to work. Tested with version 0.4.2+
    Galaxy Note - Needs more testers - Will only work on some notes.
    Droid Razr - Should also work on other Droid branded phones

All phones that can be rooted by GingerBreak
    All phones that can be rooted by psneuter
    All phones that can be rooted by zergRush - has been tested and works on many devices. vCheck the comments on the download page.

The Website

Screenshot
    BreakDroid.png

Credits -
    This app and all the scripts were made by @northmendo

jcase was great support for questions and he is the reason we have root on the Kindle Fire thanks to burritoroot.

-Doomlord on xda built the Kindle Fire recovery.

Dan Rosenberg for the motofail exploit - @djrbliss

Revolutionary Team for zergRush http://revolutionary.io/

I think credit for psneuter goes to scotty2

c-skills for GingerBreak

Pokey9000 for fbmode - used to root Kindle Fire 6.3

Bootloader Credits go to
    - Pokey9000: For the original build. Hard to dev at all w/o a way of getting to recovery.
    - eldarerathis: Menu code was used from the Extended FIREFIREFIRE github
    - Icemank121: All splash/menu screens
    - Hashcode: For this build

There is a list of devices that can be rooted by zergRush in the ReadMe

If this helped you please hit the thanks button
    Thanks so much! I am going to install on my ATT note ASAP. Is there a noob step by step install guide?
    Thanks!

Not needed. Just open the app from the disk image and follow the instructions. Let me know if it works for you.
    i wanna im just worried about damaging the a i just bought it

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

just wnna let you know i cant download 0.3 version of BreakDroid

The download is fixed, thanks for the heads up.

I'm almost positive it can't ruin your device. I ran the Galaxy note app on a different phone about 10 times yesterday to see if it would work with no adverse effects. I can't guarantee anything but I'm pretty sure you'll be okay.
    Gonna test it on a GSM Galaxy Nexus :D

--- edit ---

Done, everything works fine except one thing.

Install Android SDK installs the Android SDK in /home/ folder OK
    Galaxy Nexus Tools starts OK
    X Unlock Galaxy Nexus gives these errors before halting:
    /Volumes/BreakDroid/.files/galaxynexus/unlock.sh: line 16: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
    /Volumes/BreakDroid/.files/galaxynexus/unlock.sh: line 24: syntax error: unexpected end of file
    Done that manually to test the other options.

Install recovery downloads and installs 5.5.0.4 recovery just fine and reboots to it right away.
    Install root files does what it says, easy and painless.

And... I think that's all, I think it's kinda anoying that everytime you perform one of the steps a new browser window opens with the Paypal donation site, you may want to do that only when quitting the script or something.

Just my 2 cents. I've followed you on Twitter (@migatohacemiau), send me a PM if you need more testing on the bootloader issue :)
    post in the note forums

I went ahead and posted this in the AT&T Galaxy NOte forums, hopefully we'll have some more testers.