Liquid Sapphire

Search This thread

daleski75

Jul 21, 2008
Northampton
Got the screen protectors and the dynaflow this morning so left the dynaflow alone....

Put on the screen protector very slowly and got it on perfect not wonky or anything and after noticed one spec of dust right in the middle of the screen arghhh ripped it off and threw it in the bin.

Opened the dynaflow package and put it on right away and now need to wait 24 hours before I can buff out the screen so will leave my phone turned off until tomorrow which is going to be very difficult.

Thankfully I can use my trust Nexus 7 to get me through these hard times lol

Still going to keep the liquid sapphire when that comes and will apply that to give it some extra strength.

Dynaflow is now on and you really cannot tell it's even on (have I brought into some snake oil !! ) left the phone off for 24 hours and then turned it back on and gently buffed the screen and back afterwards.

Early days yet and will not be doing any kind of torture tests on my phone so if its still got a pristine screen after 6 months with normal use (even though I am incredibly careful with phones) I will be more likely start to believe this product works specially if I have any mishaps.

Reactions: krispijn_s

krispijn_s

Jul 27, 2009
Stompetoren
Dynaflow is now on and you really cannot tell it's even on (have I brought into some snake oil !! ) left the phone off for 24 hours and then turned it back on and gently buffed the screen and back afterwards.

Early days yet and will not be doing any kind of torture tests on my phone so if its still got a pristine screen after 6 months with normal use (even though I am incredibly careful with phones) I will be more likely start to believe this product works specially if I have any mishaps.

+1 for doing an interesting experiment! :good: I've settled on a cheapy cheapy screen protector just to get me through until the sapphire's here.

But you do get -1 for self-control! :laugh:

daleski75

Jul 21, 2008
Northampton
+1 for doing an interesting experiment! :good: I've settled on a cheapy cheapy screen protector just to get me through until the sapphire's here.

But you do get -1 for self-control! :laugh:

LOL well it was sitting there on my desk crying out to be used and after I spent 10 minutes fiddling around with a screen protector to get it on perfectly before seeing one spec of dust in the middle was the breaking point for me!

homer285

Jun 4, 2006
This looks really promising I want to try it for sure, there is this to take into consideration imo.

Disclaimer:

Storage: Use appropriate container to avoid environmental contamination. Prevent further leakage or spillage if safe to do so. Do not flush into surface water or sanitary sewer system. Storage in closed vessels, containers or drums. Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from food, drink and animal feeding stuffs. Storage at temperature under 30°C and avoid the solar heating. Avoid: storage at temperature more 30°C (it is possible small gas emission at this condition and liquid may unexpected be spilled)

Precautions in working area : Wash hands before drinking, eating. Do Not Smoke when apply the liquid. Sufficient ventilation. Hand protection: If necessary use the chemical gloves

Contaminants : Avoid: contact with oxidisers, salt solutions, alcohols and noble metals salts as these materials may be as catalysts for oligomer polymerization with release the hydrogen gas.

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Removing the factory fitted screen protector does not void Warrenty.

I removed mine on my Xperia T, then several months later the screen cracked after it dropped several metres and I got a replacement free of charge with no question asked about the lack of screen protector

Sent from my C6903 using xda premium

jagdesh

Sep 30, 2009
Pune
Does anyone know where can i get this screen protection "Liquid Sapphire"... the kick starter has ended...

jos_031

Feb 21, 2011
London
21bkl7n.jpg

finally arrived

2e15278.jpg

krazeyivan

Dec 19, 2011
Newcastle

Its awesome - I've done both front and back - then as I said I've put the flash flood on too.
The liquid Sapphire seems to have improved the display to my eye, it looks cleaner and sharper. Its been in my pocket with no case and with car keys and no scratches found. (I do have the QX10 holding case for pics but I now only attached this when I need to take photos)

The flash flood is great too - I know this phone is waterproof anyway but i wanted to make it very resistant and I've put one coat on it and its funny to watch the water streak away!

I am going to put another coat on it tonight as I did not use too much first time around.

highly recommended

b0gd4n

Jul 6, 2009
London
Its awesome - I've done both front and back - then as I said I've put the flash flood on too.
The liquid Sapphire seems to have improved the display to my eye, it looks cleaner and sharper. Its been in my pocket with no case and with car keys and no scratches found. (I do have the QX10 holding case for pics but I now only attached this when I need to take photos)

The flash flood is great too - I know this phone is waterproof anyway but i wanted to make it very resistant and I've put one coat on it and its funny to watch the water streak away!

I am going to put another coat on it tonight as I did not use too much first time around.

highly recommended

I applied about 5-6 coats of liquid saphire on my s4.

Dunno yet if it actually works or not, but the screen seems to have a coat on it.

Did not think to apply the thing to the whole phone, as I already have a case and am more afraid of drops more than scratches.

I will prob apply some more coats on the display tonight and then tomorrow apply a couple of flash flood coats.

Vanarian

Dec 2, 2013
Very interesting thread, thank you! Do you think it can waterproof other phones too? Does it affects the jack output? Or is it still clean?

shteren

Jul 9, 2013

highly recommended

yeah i have my doubts about the contacts, in thier video they said to put the flash flood on the battery contacts, so i guess the flash flood suppose to be conducting? did you put in on the magnetic charging contacts of the z1? is it still working?

krazeyivan

Dec 19, 2011
Newcastle
I have had no issue with the battery contacts at all - still works fine with my magnetic cable and official dock.
Obviously I let the flash flood completely dry before doing anything (full 12 hours) and no water on it for 24 hours.

To get the headphone jack I used a small cotton bud soaked in flash flood fluid. Again everything works fine.

They demo'd a fully treated Samsung Galaxy S4 in their video - still worked after water poured on it - so non water proof phones can take a spill and still work.

Reactions: Vanarian

rich345

Jul 19, 2010
did you do the flash flood the same way as the liquid sapphire?

is there anyway to tell if its worked? not sure if took to much off while putting on before leaving it for 10 Min ? i could still see it was there just like the smeer of it

jmquez

Feb 21, 2010
Its been a while, any updates on this? How did it hold on? scratches? Viewing angles?

Vanarian

Dec 2, 2013
Same interrogation here, I did contact them few weeks ago but wasn't contacted back.

I did send a new mail to Nanostate UK Plant, will give you feedback if they contact me. Has anybody encountered a problem to get contact too?

EDIT : The mail doesn't even work! :( What thehell, I might just look for a regular 9H screen cover.

Last edited:

krispijn_s

Jul 27, 2009
Stompetoren
UPDATED 18.02.2014

I'm the Stupid people who wear those t-shirts are with.

I was under the impression that the back was glass without the anti-shatter layer. Therefor my reason has been invalid and I shall retry the product after I've removed the silly plastic bits Sony put on.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Link to website

Removing sony shatter proof glass voids the warranty. It works only on glass it works on camera lens too

I found this campaign a coating that make phone scratch resistant. we can apply it on front and back.. It costs 25 dollars only..Here is what they have to say............
    So what is Liquid Sapphire and how does it work ?

Liquid Sapphire is a DIY coating that stops your phone, tablet or any touch screen from getting scratched, ditch your old plastic shield protector and get the full clarity of your screen using liquid sapphire, it’s invisible, contains man-made liquid sapphire which is second only to diamonds in hardness. Liquid Sapphire is a one time Nanotechnology application and does not need to be topped up.

Liquid Sapphire improves the clarity of your screen, the effect is caused by the Sapphires in liquid which will be a technology used in all touch screen devices over the years to come.

Specifications

Works with any touchscreen device and camera lenses.
    Scratch resistant & waterproof.
    Life Span : Permanent, Cannot be removed .(It can be removed by FELT and commercial polishing or commercial acid, e.g. hydrochloric acid.)
    Invisible coating
    External Coating : Yes
    Internal Coating : No
    Shelf Life : 18 months from opening
    Non Toxic
    Non Hazardous.

Liquid Amour is a lacquer, Liquid Sapphire is a invisible coating that contains Sapphire. Auto Glass coatings will be waterbased and are no where near in the same league, to coat it with Liquid Sapphire would cost more than the glass even at cost !

Sapphire is second to diamonds in the scale of hardness in natural mineral stones.

Transparency and hardness Sapphire is not only highly transparent to wavelengths of light between 150 nm (UV) and 5500 nm (IR) (the human eye can discern wavelengths from about 380 nm to 750 nm[37]), but is also extraordinarily scratch-resistant. Sapphire has a value of 9 on the Mohs scale of mineral hardness.

Hardness Example 10 diamond 9 sapphire 8 beryl 7.5 garnet 6.5-7.5 steel file 7.0 quartz (amethyst, citrine, agate) 6 feldspar (spectrolite) 5.5-6.5 most glass 5 apatite 4 fluorite 3 calcite, a penny 2.5 fingernail 2 gypsum 1 talc

Link to Website
    I thought these were supposed to have dragontrail glass anyway?

Yup; the issue isn't the glass itself. The top surface of the phone is the shatterproof layer. It's on top of that dragontrail glass and scratches easily (Recombu has show this in one of their youtube vids). Removing this layer after it has been scratched apparently voids warranty.

This is why it is probably best to put a screen protector on the XZ1 as it will protect the shatterproofing layer. I for one will probably try out this liquid stuff as it isn't that much more expensive than a good screen protector (e.g. Krusell) anyway.
    That's a shame, mate. But it's also a chance for us to hear if this type of product (the paint-it-on kind) works for our Z1! ;)

Personally I'm still undecided about perhaps ordering a simple screen protector until the sapphire stuff arrives.

I've ordered a pack of 10 screen protectors regardless just in case and will see how it goes bit dubious over the whole liquid protection so may end up putting on a screen protector anyway!

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

changed my mind will refuse the amazon order and ordered the sapphire one as it sounds much better and will report back my findings when it arrives.

Good to hear! No problems with the proximity sensor?

Not that I have come across - proximity sensor works fine when I take calls and the phone is around my face.
    I did the full 24 hour dry before I touched it again - front and back coated.

Interesting thing to see will be when I get some of this liquid sapphire, if it plays well with the liquid armor coating which will be only about half a month old by then I imagine.
    Got the screen protectors and the dynaflow this morning so left the dynaflow alone....

Put on the screen protector very slowly and got it on perfect not wonky or anything and after noticed one spec of dust right in the middle of the screen arghhh ripped it off and threw it in the bin.

Opened the dynaflow package and put it on right away and now need to wait 24 hours before I can buff out the screen so will leave my phone turned off until tomorrow which is going to be very difficult.

Thankfully I can use my trust Nexus 7 to get me through these hard times lol

Still going to keep the liquid sapphire when that comes and will apply that to give it some extra strength.