[HELP THREAD] Any Question Answered Here (NØØB Friendly)

Search This thread
askandybig.png

*If you find this Help Thread helpful, feel free to hit the "thanks" button below!

So again, this has been done before in other threads, but I feel compelled to include it in our Atrix 2 forum. Granted, we now have a "Q&A" (Questions & Answers) sub-forum, there still seems to be an upsurge of questions being asked and new threads being posted that have already been addressed, discussed, and posted. To avoid the flaming and trolling of New Members here, I'm opening up a thread for questions that New Members may be too hesitant to ask in sub-forums, or ones that are "dev-related" whereas you may not have hit your '10 post' mark yet in order to post in development sub-forums, or any other questions you feel need answers, to avoid cluttering up the rest of the forum sections. Trust me, you will get a much more acceptable reception from posting your 'dumb' or "noobish" questions here, sparing yourself from flaming or otherwise from creating a new thread with a question or concern that has already been dealt with.​

So for the sake of everyone's time here, I have to assume that you (yeah, you!) have already registered and read the forum rules, as well as watched that lovely "You're A n00b On XDA" video, so I don't feel compelled to do the entire rundown of the full length version of rules. Please keep these in mind when within the forum, and exercise your own abilities before enlisting the help of others here. Granted, we are here to help you, but if it is apparent that you have not helped yourself, we will let you know in a way that *hopefully would eliminate the need to call you out on your lack of reading, searching, reading, and searching some more. Now that we have that out of the way, let's begin:

***Rules To Abide By:***

When visiting this thread to help the less fortunate, or rather, less knowledgeable, please observe The Rules Of XDA, so that we all (Seniors, Members, Developers, etc.) can provide the most helpful insight, guidance, and direction to those new to xda, as the are "New Members", rather than "NØØBS". I will outline several other threads that can be found throughout xda later, but for now, we'll focus on some basics.

• No calling anyone a "n00b".
  • No making fun of someone's genuine question.
  • No swearing -even using *'s or other symbols is still swearing, so don't do it!
  • No posting useless comments/off topic comments.
  • No posts saying "Thanks" (It makes others feel as though their "help" is valued by clicking the 'button', rather than a 'typed' "thank you")

I will do my best to address your concerns, questions, or otherwise. Same goes for the other members here you frequently help me to help you. If I cannot seem to find an answer, I will try and point you in the right direction. Please, be patient for a reply, and courteous to those who attempt to bring resolve to your issues. We're all doing this in our free time, and as a service to you. Remember to thank those who do, in fact, help you by clicking their "thanks" button, not just a 'typed' reply saying thanks.

So, going forward with this, if anyone has any suggestions to improve upon this idea, please either PM me or post a brief reply here with ideas to help our fellow New Members along their way. I will be keeping this thread opened to revision, assuming the ideas and suggestions are beneficial to those who are "New Members" here on the Atrix 2 forum. Please, I implore you, if you post here any replies to questions asked, be a courteous and patient with the New Members as you'd like them to be with you, if the roles were reversed. This is a continued attempt to try and alleviate the work load throughout the forums related to the Atrix 2 to answer or address questions, concerns, or otherwise. I expect us all to show these New Members the kind of diligence in dealing with their issues as they would expect from us, so please, for everyone's sake, be helpful! This will help us all, over time... hopefully​

Last edited:

john05088

Sep 7, 2012
flash 2.3.6

hello!
help me please to set *superuser and custom recovery to firmware after the rollback from *4.0.4 *to 2.3.6

Last edited:
hello!
help me please to set *superuser and custom recovery to firmware after the rollback from *4.0.4 *to 2.3.6

Have you already used Jim's or alteredlikeness' script to go back to GB? Also, what firmware version is your Atrix 2: US, International? Let me know what you've done, what firmware your phone is, and what OS version you're on now so I can point you in the right direction...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 Anti-Motorola Ballistic Missile

Androiduser13

Sep 10, 2012
trying to flash back to stock

okay, im currently on supercharged atrix v5, now im wanting to go back to stock. when i start the flash from RSDLite its gets to 6/20 and stops and gives me this error

failed flashing process. 6/20 flash cdt bin "cdt.bin"-> phone return fail; phone connected

this if the fxz i have- InlineFlashing_edison_5.5.175.16_cfc_p3_APBP_CID28 5.xml

ive read users mentioning lines in the file to add or delete but could not find a specification on which ones exactly. any help is greatly appreciated.

okay, im currently on supercharged atrix v5, now im wanting to go back to stock. when i start the flash from RSDLite its gets to 6/20 and stops and gives me this error

failed flashing process. 6/20 flash cdt bin "cdt.bin"-> phone return fail; phone connected

this if the fxz i have- InlineFlashing_edison_5.5.175.16_cfc_p3_APBP_CID28 5.xml

ive read users mentioning lines in the file to add or delete but could not find a specification on which ones exactly. any help is greatly appreciated.

Have you had a look at this thread? : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1539167 Return to Stock 2.3.5 Fastboot SCRIPT

Androiduser13

Sep 10, 2012
Have you had a look at this thread? : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1539167 Return to Stock 2.3.5 Fastboot SCRIPT

i looked through that thread and as i understand it i would need to download the RETURNTOSTOCK2.3.5SCRIPT.ZIP then extract it into 2 separate files, plug my phone in fastboot then doubleclick on the extracted .bat file and it runs automatically. do i need any other drivers or programs along with that zip file? am i even understanding that read correctly

Reactions: Night_wing
i looked through that thread and as i understand it i would need to download the RETURNTOSTOCK2.3.5SCRIPT.ZIP then extract it into 2 separate files, plug my phone in fastboot then doubleclick on the extracted .bat file and it runs automatically. do i need any other drivers or programs along with that zip file? am i even understanding that read correctly

You only need to separate the webtop files if you don't want to flash the webtop, otherwise run the .bat file while you are in AP Fastboot. Make sure you have the Motorola drivers installed on your computer. You should be fine after that...

Androiduser13

Sep 10, 2012
FIRST omcoom

i have MOTOROLA DEVICE MANAGER 2.2.28 downloaded currently and i got that from the original thread telling how to use rsdlite. its 31.5mb but i dont know if im using it correctly. i have the short cut on my desktop and when i run it, it gives 2 options

repair-reinstall all program features installed by the previous setup

remove-remove all installed features

is this the right item or do i need different drivers? thankyou for your help

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

WOW. this worked so easy. ive been struggling with rsd lite and this only took 2-3 minutes. thanks for forwarding me to that thread.

cloudedhopes

Jan 2, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
backup before updating?

new to android - so not sure what needs to be backed up and what not. sooner or later i'll be updating to ICS. can anyone help me understand what should i backup before i update? what gets wiped? and if there are any tools out there...

ps. i am not rooted, so don't have titanium.

thanks much :)

new to android - so not sure what needs to be backed up and what not. sooner or later i'll be updating to ICS. can anyone help me understand what should i backup before i update? what gets wiped? and if there are any tools out there...

ps. i am not rooted, so don't have titanium.

thanks much :)

I'd recommend you root while on 2.3.6 and flash the custom recovery (CWM) Clockworkmod Recovery, so as to familiarize yourself with things. CWM has the option in its menu to 'backup' and it's a good tool for that purpose. Backing up does not wipe or delete any data, only "backs up", hence the name. Wiping user data/factory reset will wipe all of your data: contacts, apps, pictures and other media, etc. I do NOT recommend using Titanium Backup for anything -it seems to cause way more problems for our phone than it does good.

Last edited:
Reactions: cloudedhopes

Androiduser13

Sep 10, 2012
back to stock, trying to re root

so now im back to stock and am trying to re root ONLY for screenshot capability purposes. i flashed to 2.3.5 then did the OTA for 2.3.6. now i just want to root again. but i currently still have the SUPERUSER app in my app drawer but it doesnt show in my MANAGE APPS settings. can i re root with that SUPERUSER app still there? will it affect anything or how could i get rid of it? thanks

so now im back to stock and am trying to re root ONLY for screenshot capability purposes. i flashed to 2.3.5 then did the OTA for 2.3.6. now i just want to root again. but i currently still have the SUPERUSER app in my app drawer but it doesnt show in my MANAGE APPS settings. can i re root with that SUPERUSER app still there? will it affect anything or how could i get rid of it? thanks

Can you uninstall it via: settings>manage apps>superuser>uninstall? You should just be able to re-root without any problems. The superuser app is just the application that allows permissions granted/denied for apps which require root privileges...

cloudedhopes

Jan 2, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I'd recommend you root while on 2.3.6 and flash the custom recovery (CWM) Clockworkmod Recovery, so as to familiarize yourself with things. CWM has the option in its menu to 'backup' and it's a good tool for that purpose. Backing up foes not wipe or delete any data, only "backs up", hence the name. Wiping user data/factory reset will wipe all of your data: contacts, apps, pictures and other media, etc. I do NOT recommend using Titanium Backup for anything -it seems to cause way more problems for our phone than it does good.

thanks for the suggestion... now i'm just thinking what to backup and why? :) i mean the apps are there on play store, contacts, calendar on google... hmm...

Fall of Enosis

Jul 13, 2011
Portland
thanks for the suggestion... now i'm just thinking what to backup and why? :) i mean the apps are there on play store, contacts, calendar on google... hmm...

The one nice thing I have found about using a backup application (ie, TB) is that it also backs up your user data as well. So home screen settings, texts, basic settings, EVERYTHING. You can literally install a fresh ROM and be back EXACTLY where you were before.

Word of caution though, obviously if you have data backed up for a GB ROM, do not restore data on an ICS ROM. Mixing that type of thing is bad news. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Reactions: cloudedhopes

Axis_Drummer

Aug 21, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Hey guys, I'm new to the Boot Menu Manager, how do I use scv7 leak 2 as my second system?

I've searched how to use the second system, but with all the posts, I couldnt find an exact answer.

I know it has to be extracted in the clockworkmod/backup folder of the sd card, but will that interfere with the backup of my first system? (which is ICS Leak #1)

Again I've never tried this, so I apologize for this, but hey better safe than sorry right? If anyone would be willing to pm me with help that'd be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Fall of Enosis

Jul 13, 2011
Portland
Hey guys, I'm new to the Boot Menu Manager, how do I use scv7 leak 2 as my second system?

I've searched how to use the second system, but with all the posts, I couldnt find an exact answer.

I know it has to be extracted in the clockworkmod/backup folder of the sd card, but will that interfere with the backup of my first system? (which is ICS Leak #1)

Again I've never tried this, so I apologize for this, but hey better safe than sorry right? If anyone would be willing to pm me with help that'd be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Bootmenu was developed by Whirleyes and originally released for the Razr.

The original thread has all the info you need on using it. :)

Bootmenu RAZR thread

Axis_Drummer

Aug 21, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Is it all the same even if i haven't had scv7? Ive always stuck to the original ics leak. Rooted. Its all confusing. Im sorry.

Sent from my MB865 using xda app-developers app

Fall of Enosis

Jul 13, 2011
Portland
Is it all the same even if i haven't had scv7? Ive always stuck to the original ics leak. Rooted. Its all confusing. Im sorry.

Sent from my MB865 using xda app-developers app

If i'm reading the thread right, it looks as though you can only flash a nandroid backup to the second system. And since scv7 is a zip install, this is not possible with bootmenu. Since it's a zip, think of it as a HUGE patch for your current stock rom. Nandroid backups are completely different.

So you're pretty much outta luck on what you want to do bud.

Why not just flash scv7 and run it as your normal ROM?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    askandybig.png

*If you find this Help Thread helpful, feel free to hit the "thanks" button below!

So again, this has been done before in other threads, but I feel compelled to include it in our Atrix 2 forum. Granted, we now have a "Q&A" (Questions & Answers) sub-forum, there still seems to be an upsurge of questions being asked and new threads being posted that have already been addressed, discussed, and posted. To avoid the flaming and trolling of New Members here, I'm opening up a thread for questions that New Members may be too hesitant to ask in sub-forums, or ones that are "dev-related" whereas you may not have hit your '10 post' mark yet in order to post in development sub-forums, or any other questions you feel need answers, to avoid cluttering up the rest of the forum sections. Trust me, you will get a much more acceptable reception from posting your 'dumb' or "noobish" questions here, sparing yourself from flaming or otherwise from creating a new thread with a question or concern that has already been dealt with.​

So for the sake of everyone's time here, I have to assume that you (yeah, you!) have already registered and read the forum rules, as well as watched that lovely "You're A n00b On XDA" video, so I don't feel compelled to do the entire rundown of the full length version of rules. Please keep these in mind when within the forum, and exercise your own abilities before enlisting the help of others here. Granted, we are here to help you, but if it is apparent that you have not helped yourself, we will let you know in a way that *hopefully would eliminate the need to call you out on your lack of reading, searching, reading, and searching some more. Now that we have that out of the way, let's begin:

***Rules To Abide By:***

When visiting this thread to help the less fortunate, or rather, less knowledgeable, please observe The Rules Of XDA, so that we all (Seniors, Members, Developers, etc.) can provide the most helpful insight, guidance, and direction to those new to xda, as the are "New Members", rather than "NØØBS". I will outline several other threads that can be found throughout xda later, but for now, we'll focus on some basics.

• No calling anyone a "n00b".
    • No making fun of someone's genuine question.
    • No swearing -even using *'s or other symbols is still swearing, so don't do it!
    • No posting useless comments/off topic comments.
    • No posts saying "Thanks" (It makes others feel as though their "help" is valued by clicking the 'button', rather than a 'typed' "thank you")

I will do my best to address your concerns, questions, or otherwise. Same goes for the other members here you frequently help me to help you. If I cannot seem to find an answer, I will try and point you in the right direction. Please, be patient for a reply, and courteous to those who attempt to bring resolve to your issues. We're all doing this in our free time, and as a service to you. Remember to thank those who do, in fact, help you by clicking their "thanks" button, not just a 'typed' reply saying thanks.

So, going forward with this, if anyone has any suggestions to improve upon this idea, please either PM me or post a brief reply here with ideas to help our fellow New Members along their way. I will be keeping this thread opened to revision, assuming the ideas and suggestions are beneficial to those who are "New Members" here on the Atrix 2 forum. Please, I implore you, if you post here any replies to questions asked, be a courteous and patient with the New Members as you'd like them to be with you, if the roles were reversed. This is a continued attempt to try and alleviate the work load throughout the forums related to the Atrix 2 to answer or address questions, concerns, or otherwise. I expect us all to show these New Members the kind of diligence in dealing with their issues as they would expect from us, so please, for everyone's sake, be helpful! This will help us all, over time... hopefully​
    How would one go about porting the Android L developer preview to edison?
    Very painstakingly, I assume. There is no legacy support in vanilla aosp, so unless someone has already done it for an omap4 device, it will take quite an effort.

Cyanogenmod has stated that they are waiting for the final code release of "L" to begin working on CM12: http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/the-l-is-for-later

And, AOSPA's statement about "L": https://plus.google.com/107979589566958860409/posts/KPENorjFhWJ

Sent from my MB865 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Any news on android 5.0 for us? Waiting for it real bad.

Sent from my MB865
    System 1: carbon 4.4.4

I've tried to get it too boot on the Atrix 2 a few times with no luck. Give it enough time and I'm sure someone smarter than I am will get something. It's worth noting, though, that none of the custom ROM versions have very many features built in yet. If you did get it running right now it would be very minimal. I'm sure if someone gets it done then they'll post it, I'm sure of that. Just be patient. :thumbup:
    On startup it shows 4 or 6 different system
    Where should I install fxz (on which system)??
    or should I install it through rsd lite ??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

There is only one way to install an FXZ and it will erase all other systems.

hi there, wanted to ask here since i got a slow response from the main thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2668788

Here's a chronological event of my phone's life. When i first bought it, i it was 2.3.6 and then i installed the official update of 4.0.4. But it was too slow for my liking and hence i started rooting and flash to a 4.2.2 custom ROM. And now I wanted to try out Mokee 4.4.2 ROM, and I used the bootstrap method to enter the boot menu, and I guess that's where the problem started. The M logo loads and then stays blank and black for an eternity.

1. i suppose my phone is currently clean slate, where i have used the "android stock recovery" to erase all data and cache. So what should i do now to insert a new ROM? I've got a 4.4 Mokee ROM in my SD card, so how do i flash it from there?

2. Or do i need to fxz it using the sbf 4.0.4 file and then flash the ROM atop it? If that's the case, my Atrix 2 is MB865 and is in Asia(Malaysia) region. Which sbf file do i used?

3. Is it fine to use ME865 or other regions(except AT&T) sbf files to RSD my MB865?

Hope i can get a fast reply here, urgently need my phone.

A slow response, huh? Patience is a virtue, my friend. Especially if you don't want to brick your phone. ;) (no offence intended) You will not be able to flash anything else until you flash the FXZ. @turffe told you something to that effect in your previous post. Look in the firmwares super thread to find the FXZ for your phone.

For both of you, @kenlohwj & @vvk1987 everything you need to know about flashing the FXZ can be found here. :thumbup:

Edit: @kenlohwj as to which FXZ to use, read the last post in the thread I linked. Seems like one of your fellow Malaysian A2 users had the same question and found the answer.

Thanks for being a total **** by posting useless "thanks" comments so you can get your 10 posts. Hope whichever dev thread you start posting to eats you alive, you n00b.

uploadfromtaptalk1374553614027.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2