Massive dead/stuck pixels

Search This thread

Kshitijs

Jul 24, 2012
Mumbai
Hi,

I dropped my handset two days ago from about 2ft height(yeah that low) onto a tiled floor.. I instantly checked for any damage and found none.
That night, I found a large number of dead/stuck pixels on the center of the screen.

I tried running the "Dead Pixel Detect and Fix"android app.. But it did'nt fix the issue.

Yesterday I noticed that may of the dead pixels are growing into big horizontal lines. :(

I have checked almost all forums related to this issue,but no one had such a large number of dead pixels.
And some lucky people have said that their issue got self healed!
Also some people have mentioned about keeping the phone in a freezer.. I dont know if it is good/bad for the phone...

All this things happened just two weeks after the warranty expired.
:crying:

Is this a common problem for atrix??Because I have read too many forums with nearly similar problems for atrix.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Please check the images:-

832I1gk.jpg

Close-up:-

oZjxDxZ.jpg

SMONDAL84

Jun 1, 2012
Kolkata
Same thing happened to me. The freezer technique solved it for me (remember to take out the battery and sd card and put the phone in an airtight bag). Dry the phone for at least a couple of hours after taking it out of the freezer.

Sent from my MB865 using xda app-developers app

karthiks.840

Sep 3, 2011
Bengaluru
Same thing happened to me. The freezer technique solved it for me (remember to take out the battery and sd card and put the phone in an airtight bag). Dry the phone for at least a couple of hours after taking it out of the freezer.

Mmmm... "Freezer technique" is new for me. I was using the phone regularly, and after 2-3 months the dead pixels were vanished...

shashankxda

Account currently disabled
Buddy I already mentioned I have done this twice. Exactly the same problem as you.

Bro can you suggest me one think
my phone is in warrenty period its warrenty will expire after 1month ,should go to service center or try this method.
Do you feel any change after freezing it .

devilhunter47

Jun 22, 2012
Kottayam
Mine got solved after 2 months..the black lines decreased in size slowly and then disappeared..

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

darth_nihar

Aug 1, 2013
Vizag
Hi,

I dropped my handset two days ago from about 2ft height(yeah that low) onto a tiled floor.. I instantly checked for any damage and found none.
That night, I found a large number of dead/stuck pixels on the center of the screen.

I tried running the "Dead Pixel Detect and Fix"android app.. But it did'nt fix the issue.

Yesterday I noticed that may of the dead pixels are growing into big horizontal lines. :(

I have checked almost all forums related to this issue,but no one had such a large number of dead pixels.
And some lucky people have said that their issue got self healed!
Also some people have mentioned about keeping the phone in a freezer.. I dont know if it is good/bad for the phone...

All this things happened just two weeks after the warranty expired.
:crying:

Is this a common problem for atrix??Because I have read too many forums with nearly similar problems for atrix.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

FREEEEZEEE IT !!!!!!!!!!

OR

Maybe the phone is trying to SEND U A MESSAGE

W8 Let me decode it......:p

I NEED TO BE FREEZED ASAP!!! (Use a Airtight Bag and pull me OUT in 2hours:highfive:

Oct 3, 2011
I had the exact problem with my Atrix 2. Took about 5 to 6 weeks with the phone is standby mode most of the time for the stuck pixels to completely vanish. All I would say is have patience.

holeholehole

Apr 3, 2012
I got the same problem previously... drop my phone and this appear... i din bother about mine and it vanished completely about 1 month+

balamacab

Mar 29, 2011
I had a Bravo once that it fall from my pocket wile running.
I got some scratches, the screen did nor brake but an lot of deep blue pixels showup that didnt let me use the screen.

Try to froze it for a nigth... did not work.... then I leave it there in the freezer almost a week... works like a charm :D

darth_nihar

Aug 1, 2013
Vizag
I had a Bravo once that it fall from my pocket wile running.
I got some scratches, the screen did nor brake but an lot of deep blue pixels showup that didnt let me use the screen.

Try to froze it for a nigth... did not work.... then I leave it there in the freezer almost a week... works like a charm :D

LOL it actually worked after a week gj :laugh:

shashankxda

Account currently disabled
Keep it in longer do the same steps again it will work eventually....:cyclops:

Today in morning I put it in freezer for 2hr it has show recovery , but when I put it in freezer at after for 2hr it do not show any recovery. I think I have to put it in freezer everyday for 2hr . LIKE A DAILY FREEZER THERAPY

darth_nihar

Aug 1, 2013
Vizag
Today in morning I put it in freezer for 2hr it has show recovery , but when I put it in freezer at after for 2hr it do not show any recovery. I think I have to put it in freezer everyday for 2hr . LIKE A DAILY FREEZER THERAPY

Freezer therapy thats a nice 1

make a thread bout it LOL :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Take out the battery and put the phone in an airtight packet. Then put it in the freezer for 2-3 hours. Same has happened with me twice. Don't worry! :laugh:

I became a victim today after dropping my phone but just some black dots but no lines so far and quite negligible but am not sure if it is going to worsen with use or if inversely self heal with passing of time. Will wait and watch. Query is for freezer technique isn't condensation a major fear of spoiling the phone after bringing it out of freezer section (not fridge) to room temperature??. Need advice from people who have done this. Thanks!

I am the OP(with those massive dead pixals :p )..My phone currently dosnt have a single dot :)

If you have lesser than 20 dots then I recommend that you wait for one day and check if it reduces or increases. But in most cases it increases and those dots starts to become small lines which will eventually become a big line connecting both ends of the screen.

If you are going to put the phone in the freezer then, this is what i did to solve that issue:-

0) Remove the battries,simcard,memory card from the phone,(DO NOT keep these things in the freezer )
    1) Wrap your phone in one layer of tissue paper.
    2) Put it in a Air-tight zipper bag(try to minimize the amount of air inside the zipper)
    3) Put it in the freezer for about 5-8hours..(if you have more dots then u will have to keep it longer)
    4) After that, take out the entire package and do not open the zipper for atleast one hour(This is to avoid condensation)
    5) Now slowly open the zipper and take the phone out.(but do not switch it on for atleast half hour) (If you want to be extra careful,then u can keep it in sunlight for some time.)
    6) You are done. It is unlikely,but if you still have any dots then repeat it again.

Hope it helped.
    Bro can you suggest me one think
    my phone is in warrenty period its warrenty will expire after 1month ,should go to service center or try this method.
    Do you feel any change after freezing it .

Better do it yourself. And my screen is perfectly fine after freezing.
    I have put my phone for 10-10 hr for two separate days the dead pixels we reduce a lot but they increase when I use the phone. Any one was having the same problem.

Just leave your phone there for a week... if it doesn't work leave it more time (the more time you could spare your phone in the freezer the better).
    ... also remember not to open the plastic bag when taking it out of the freezer... let it rest at room temperature form some time (20 minutes) before opening the bag.
    It just works :highfive: