[FROYO-ODIN] Leak USCC Mesmerize Froyo EA11 Stock + Root

Search This thread

dcow90

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 21, 2009
San Francisco
dcow.me
So here's what Samsung has been sitting on for the last few months..

sysinfoh.png

I present to you an 'official' build including the kernel, radio, and full-blown froyo tastiness, for the USCC Samsung Mesmerize. Pre-rooted for your convenience, just download and flash with the latest version of ODIN. These are stock images plus root so your phone will function as if you just turned it on for the first time, albeit with a finger that magically instills root powers into any device you touch..

README

Step 0.5: I recommend disabling the Voodoo Lagfix before doing any of this. You need your sdcard partitioned normally. Let me repeat: Disable the Voodoo Lagfix if you are using a Voodoo kernel prior to flashing the Odin files.

Step 1
Download ODIN here: Odin v1.3

Step 2
Install the Samsung USB drivers: 64bit | 32bit

Step 3
WARNING: These files are for the USCC Samsung Mesmerize. Do NOT flash these to another device.
Download the ODIN package: USCC Froyo [ODIN]

Step 4
Unzip the ODIN package and you will find two files. One ends in tar.md5 This is the ODIN package that you will flash to your device. The other file ends in .pit. This file is a configuration file of sorts for your device. It is not needed unless you have trouble.

Step 5
Backup the data on your device. You are going to lose it.

Step 5.5
Backup the data on your device. It is not coming back.

Step 6
Open up ODIN. Load the tar.md5 file into the PDA section.

Step 7
Put your phone into download mode. The easiest way to do this is to issue the "reboot download" command from adb. If you don't have adb installed, simply download the attached adb.zip. Extract the files to a new folder and open up a command prompt in that folder by holding down shift then right-clicking inside the folder window. There will be a menu entry "Open command window here". Select it. Then, type "adb reboot download" (no quotes) and press enter. If this fails you need to turn on USB debugging on your device and try again. Settings>Applications>Development:Enable USB Debugging
For more information on ADB I strongly recommend reading the "ADB Workshop" by Adrynalyne and Captainkrtek.
Alternatively, you can power your phone off. Hold down the "Volume Down" button and plug in the USB cable (make sure the other end is plugged into the computer first).

If all is successful, you should see a yellow triangle around a hard-working android and the words 'Downloading... Do not turn off target' (also in yellow).

*Step 8*
Once your phone is in download mode it should pop up in ODIN. Once ODIN has found the device, make sure you have the tar.md5 file loaded in PDA from step 6, and press START! ODIN will begin flashing your device. After a few minutes it should reboot into recovery, flash some text, and reboot again into Froyo! If all goes well, the white box in ODIN will turn green (=

Troubleshooting
Lag or low quadrant score: re-flash using the .pit file
Odin doesn't recognize your phone: install the Samsung USB drivers and reboot
Odin says checksum failed: re-download package and try again

Looking Forward
That's all! You will need to setup your phone again like you did when you first got it. While annoying, it's worth it! Once you have everything setup you're good to go. Check back periodically for Froyo ROMs and customizations. There are already some on the way and many more coming since Froyo has been out for awhile -_-

Links:
<--USCC Froyo EA11 ODIN Stock + Root
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WG39PL2H <--USCC Froyo EA11 ODIN Stock + Root Mirror phidelt82
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XRDDYL75 <--USCC Froyo EA11 ODIN Stock + Root + Recovery Mirror phidelt82

http://rom2.galaxysense.com/mesmerize/USCC_Froyo_Root_Recovery_EA11.zip <--USCC Froyo EA11 ODIN Stock + Root + Recovery
(I will add more versions as they become available..)

Credits:
<phidelt82 | donate> hosting, help, and testing (this guy will flash anything I throw at him)
<CaptainKrtek | donate> HUGE thanks to CaptainKretk for offering to host these on his server. However, he does not have magical bandwidth that doesn't cost anything.. so if you appreciate his bandwidth, please help him out. I have.
<jt11134 | donate> Thank jt for the <2e> recovery that's in the integrated package rom + recovery package. Plus, he's the master behind much of the Fascinate AOSP progress.
more to come

Finally, I put some time into fixing this up for you all. If you appreciate my time, buy me a beer or two (=
<dcow | donate>

Attachments

• adb.zip
    246.6 KB · Views: 1,288
Last edited:

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
Thanks dude, you and Keith are awesome. I will try these ASAP.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

davidbruington

Dec 1, 2010
Glade Hill, VA
So with this new froyo ROM (I'm so excited!) There's currently no voodoo kernel that will work with this on the mesmerize, right? I don't care, I'm flashing it as soon as I can, Im just curious.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008
So with this new froyo ROM (I'm so excited!) There's currently no voodoo kernel that will work with this on the mesmerize, right? I don't care, I'm flashing it as soon as I can, Im just curious.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

No voodoo kernel yet. That will come in time. Hopefully I'll get a ROM built today. Then we will have themes coming.

mesmerbelly

Nov 25, 2010
okc
im flashing now you can use one click lag fix for the time being it will help but i wouldnt use full time as it messes with memory

Last edited:

mesmerbelly

Nov 25, 2010
okc
voodoo kernel

there is a test voodoo kernel out that came with the alpha build of froyo does any one know if this will work ? im going to try it out ill report back

dcow90

Aug 21, 2009
San Francisco
dcow.me
there is a test voodoo kernel out that came with the alpha build of froyo does any one know if this will work ? im going to try it out ill report back

Please read the first post (= This comes with the 2.6.32.9 kernel (the 2.2 one we've been trying to get our hands on forever) No hacked up alpha kernel needed..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So here's what Samsung has been sitting on for the last few months..

sysinfoh.png

I present to you an 'official' build including the kernel, radio, and full-blown froyo tastiness, for the USCC Samsung Mesmerize. Pre-rooted for your convenience, just download and flash with the latest version of ODIN. These are stock images plus root so your phone will function as if you just turned it on for the first time, albeit with a finger that magically instills root powers into any device you touch..

README

Step 0.5: I recommend disabling the Voodoo Lagfix before doing any of this. You need your sdcard partitioned normally. Let me repeat: Disable the Voodoo Lagfix if you are using a Voodoo kernel prior to flashing the Odin files.

Step 1
    Download ODIN here: Odin v1.3

Step 2
    Install the Samsung USB drivers: 64bit | 32bit

Step 3
    WARNING: These files are for the USCC Samsung Mesmerize. Do NOT flash these to another device.
    Download the ODIN package: USCC Froyo [ODIN]

Step 4
    Unzip the ODIN package and you will find two files. One ends in tar.md5 This is the ODIN package that you will flash to your device. The other file ends in .pit. This file is a configuration file of sorts for your device. It is not needed unless you have trouble.

Step 5
    Backup the data on your device. You are going to lose it.

Step 5.5
    Backup the data on your device. It is not coming back.

Step 6
    Open up ODIN. Load the tar.md5 file into the PDA section.

Step 7
    Put your phone into download mode. The easiest way to do this is to issue the "reboot download" command from adb. If you don't have adb installed, simply download the attached adb.zip. Extract the files to a new folder and open up a command prompt in that folder by holding down shift then right-clicking inside the folder window. There will be a menu entry "Open command window here". Select it. Then, type "adb reboot download" (no quotes) and press enter. If this fails you need to turn on USB debugging on your device and try again. Settings>Applications>Development:Enable USB Debugging
    For more information on ADB I strongly recommend reading the "ADB Workshop" by Adrynalyne and Captainkrtek.
    Alternatively, you can power your phone off. Hold down the "Volume Down" button and plug in the USB cable (make sure the other end is plugged into the computer first).

If all is successful, you should see a yellow triangle around a hard-working android and the words 'Downloading... Do not turn off target' (also in yellow).

*Step 8*
    Once your phone is in download mode it should pop up in ODIN. Once ODIN has found the device, make sure you have the tar.md5 file loaded in PDA from step 6, and press START! ODIN will begin flashing your device. After a few minutes it should reboot into recovery, flash some text, and reboot again into Froyo! If all goes well, the white box in ODIN will turn green (=

Troubleshooting
    Lag or low quadrant score: re-flash using the .pit file
    Odin doesn't recognize your phone: install the Samsung USB drivers and reboot
    Odin says checksum failed: re-download package and try again

Looking Forward
    That's all! You will need to setup your phone again like you did when you first got it. While annoying, it's worth it! Once you have everything setup you're good to go. Check back periodically for Froyo ROMs and customizations. There are already some on the way and many more coming since Froyo has been out for awhile -_-

Links:
    <--USCC Froyo EA11 ODIN Stock + Root
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WG39PL2H <--USCC Froyo EA11 ODIN Stock + Root Mirror phidelt82
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XRDDYL75 <--USCC Froyo EA11 ODIN Stock + Root + Recovery Mirror phidelt82

http://rom2.galaxysense.com/mesmerize/USCC_Froyo_Root_Recovery_EA11.zip <--USCC Froyo EA11 ODIN Stock + Root + Recovery
    (I will add more versions as they become available..)

Credits:
    <phidelt82 | donate> hosting, help, and testing (this guy will flash anything I throw at him)
    <CaptainKrtek | donate> HUGE thanks to CaptainKretk for offering to host these on his server. However, he does not have magical bandwidth that doesn't cost anything.. so if you appreciate his bandwidth, please help him out. I have.
    <jt11134 | donate> Thank jt for the <2e> recovery that's in the integrated package rom + recovery package. Plus, he's the master behind much of the Fascinate AOSP progress.
    more to come

Finally, I put some time into fixing this up for you all. If you appreciate my time, buy me a beer or two (=
    <dcow | donate>
    Dropbox?

Ok, so I'm still new to most of this... but I downloaded the file earlier today, and here's my dropbox link to it.... I doubt if it's nearly done uploading, but it's already available to download.... I guess it's going to upload from my computer to dropbox and down to whoever clicks it... idk. ANYWAY, it might be slow but it's better than nothing :rolleyes: so here you go. http://db.tt/ub6JTOU

Hope it helps, until the other links are functional again.

EDIT: btw, USCC can kiss my @$$ ;)
    Then again, they might have "leaked" this, as sort of a beta. Who knows? What better way to test a RC than to place it in the capable hands of the xda community?
    I just don't understand.......Froyo on the mesmerize works basically the same as it does on all stock 2.2 roms. What are the bugs that everyone is complaining about? The first day or 2 is gonna drain the battery faster because the system has to "stablize".

Not to mention, this isn't even a build that we are supposed to have. I've been running it longer than anyone and I have no problems at all. Sure battery life isn't the greatest, but you are talking about a phone with a huge, bright screen and a stock kernel. We are actively working on the issues. Things will get better. It's just funny how everyone wanted 2.2 and then they get it and don't want it anymore... lol
    Things are being worked on, I can't tell you much more right now but you will all be very happy!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    and how should we put it in the pda field when odin only recognizes md5, tar, and smd files.

a bin file is none of those.....

should i rename the bin to md5 or something? i think not

I used ODIN to flash the recoverywith no problems. And from what I remember there was a specific file for odin and one to flash in recovery. Also if you have so many damn complaints about what we have or don't have for these phones why don't you do us a favor and develop them yourself! All the time you spend *****ing on these forums you could have cranked out a ton of roms and mos by now. Do us all a favor and quit *****ing and do something useful please. We have a few guys that are doing as much as they can for us, if it wasn't for them your phone would still stock. These guys do this in their free time mostly for free, and they deserve better than your constant whining and *****ing!

Swyped from my Mesmerize using XDA app