[Q] buying htc one v... is it bad idea??

Search This thread

akshatsourav

Jan 7, 2011
bangalore
hiii guyz i m going to buy htc one v for my brother as it has ics pre installed...
is it good??
ny one tryed it?
will it be good than galaxy r??
please give your opinion ??
here is specification from gsmareana--http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_v-4575.php

edit:
today i gets hands on htc one v...
its good but i cant feel its gaving ics on it...
what about huwai honour ,it too gets ics it it...
and the new released intel processor lava Xolo
X900.??

Last edited:

sagarwadhwa1

Feb 18, 2011
New Delhi
OnePlus 7
hiii guyz i m going to buy htc one v for my brother as it has ics pre installed...
is it good??
ny one tryed it?
will it be good than galaxy r??
please give your opinion ??
here is specification from gsmareana--http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_v-4575.php

Well according to the specs (pretty disappointing, but expected that from HTC), its just an ICS installed HTC Desire S...
Single core processor, well, is not future proof according to me... But if u want the HTC experience and prefer looks over specs, then it is for you at that price range... :)

Reactions: akshatsourav

akshatsourav

Jan 7, 2011
bangalore
Well according to the specs (pretty disappointing, but expected that from HTC), its just an ICS installed HTC Desire S...
Single core processor, well, is not future proof according to me... But if u want the HTC experience and prefer looks over specs, then it is for you at that price range... :)
thanx buddy....
but waitin fr some more comments...

vrajan

May 11, 2008
Chennai
thanx buddy....
but waitin fr some more comments...

Watch out the size of the mobile. It is just 2/3rd size of galaxy r. You need the bigger display to enjoy ics, surf, games etc. My friend recently bought in poorvika Chennai. They did not have the dummy piece and asked him to pay before they open the box and show the piece. I don't like the physical buttons and design. Those spaces could have been used for display.

Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk

M

m.kochan10

It depends on expectations, it's clearly a successor of HTC legend, and it has its advantages and disadvantages. User interface is pretty nice, u cannot even compare ****ty tw style. HTC tries at least make some modification in their ui, not like sammy. I can bet that camera is not worse than ours. Unibody feels more sturdy and solid. And think that not everyone is an android freak that likes huge and fast devices. But even here devs interest will be most possibly much bigger than in case of sgr. If the price is good I think it's worth to consider.

Sent from my GT-I9103 using xda premium

xlm13x

Mar 4, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
It depends on expectations, it's clearly a successor of HTC legend, and it has its advantages and disadvantages. User interface is pretty nice, u cannot even compare ****ty tw style. HTC tries at least make some modification in their ui, not like sammy. I can bet that camera is not worse than ours. Unibody feels more sturdy and solid. And think that not everyone is an android freak that likes huge and fast devices. But even here devs interest will be most possibly much bigger than in case of sgr. If the price is good I think it's worth to consider.

Sent from my GT-I9103 using xda premium

price difference of sgr and one v
(in indian markets)

sgr ~21000 INR(~405 USD)
one v ~18500 INR (~356 USD)

vbz89

Jan 11, 2012
Bangalore / Singapore
What about htc one s??? You could consider that if it's available and in your budget :)

One s is dual core and has decent specs

Sent from my GT-I9103 using XDA

M

m.kochan10

I thought about it too! I just don't trust HTC after my adventure with Incredible S and qualcom snapdragon is not the fastest cpu (1,5 ghz in SGS II Lte is not as fast as 1,2 hgz exynos in sgs II). If not exynos I would prefer Ti OMAP. So I'll wait till somebody test it.

FeralFire

Jan 18, 2012
Well, it is obviously not as good as the R going by specs. But mostly everybody has had some issue or the other with the R. HTC devices are the most reliable in my experience.
And the dev support would be awesome.

Sent from my GT-I9103 using XDA App

akshatsourav

Jan 7, 2011
bangalore
Well, it is obviously not as good as the R going by specs. But mostly everybody has had some issue or the other with the R. HTC devices are the most reliable in my experience.
And the dev support would be awesome.

Sent from my GT-I9103 using XDA App
i hav used galaxy s, galaxy tab,
and using galaxy r....
i havnt felt ny unreliablness in them...

akshatsourav

Jan 7, 2011
bangalore
I thought about it too! I just don't trust HTC after my adventure with Incredible S and qualcom snapdragon is not the fastest cpu (1,5 ghz in SGS II Lte is not as fast as 1,2 hgz exynos in sgs II). If not exynos I would prefer Ti OMAP. So I'll wait till somebody test it.
wat iz the exprence?
yeah im too waiting to first check it out live....
will go tomorrow to local store...
will sure write wat i get on that...

M

m.kochan10

Exactly...I hadn't any sort of problems with my SGR either, on the other hand HTC Incredible S was really unreliable.

xlm13x

Mar 4, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
What about htc one s??? You could consider that if it's available and in your budget :)

One s is dual core and has decent specs

Sent from my GT-I9103 using XDA

one s have 1.5 ghz dual core processor which is next gen arm v9 (considered as a one of the fastest smart phone), it have awesome specs like samoled display, 8mpix shooter, preloded ics. but its much expensive compared to one v
one v is 18500 INR (~350 USD)
one s is 34000 INR (~650 USD)

M

m.kochan10

I really don't believe that this Qualcomm MSM8260A Snapdragon (1.5 ghz) is gonna be faster than samsung exynos in sgs2.

xlm13x

Mar 4, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
M

m.kochan10

Wow...that's really hard to believe, but if it's true then I'm really impressed.

FeralFire

Jan 18, 2012
Well, I have never used any of the flagship devices by samsung for any extended periods of time.

But my experience with Galaxy R and Galaxy SL have NOT been amazing.
Reflashing firmwares. Wiping cache. Spending hours on google researching the problem you are having.
Never a samsung again for me.
My next device would be either a HTC or a Sony.

M

m.kochan10

Mine experience is far away from being amazing but it's ok, everything has worked as it should. The only thing that bothers me is lack of both samsung's and devs' support for SGR.

I would never buy a "poorer brother" of a flagship model ever again. IT turned out to be an unwanted child. Next one will be a flagship - due to best support from each side, even the older one like SGS2....but most probably will be a Nexus.

Last edited:

xlm13x

Mar 4, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
Mine experience is far away from being amazing but it's ok, everything has worked as it should. The only thing that bothers me is lack of both samsung's and devs' support for SGR.

I would never buy a "poorer brother" of a flagship model ever again. IT turned out to be an unwanted child. Next one will be a flagship - due to best support from each side, even the older one like SGS2....but most probably will be a Nexus.

U should wait for s iii to come ;) it will be costly than sii and nexus but i think exynos quad core @1.5ghz will deliver much better processimg power than htc one s and one x

http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9300_galaxy_s_iii-4238.php

Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
M

m.kochan10

I am not that demanding...dual-core is really enough for me :) I just want a solid device with real devs/producent support.

Top Liked Posts